Match Thread Peterborough V Millwall KO 3pm

Thank fuck I don’t listen to TalkShite anymore, otherwise the crowing from Durham would be too much to bear!

I still blame the players for a poor performance today, but as a lot of posters have already said, GR should have made changes before their equiliser!

I know managers don’t tend to do it anymore, but maybe Rowett needs to be sitting up in the stands, so he can get a better, overall picture of how the team (and the opposition), are playing? I say this because time and time again, he only reacts and makes changes after we go behind!

Standing in front of the dugout, it’s as if he cannot see where certain errors are made in certain areas of the pitch!
I'm not a hater of Rowett. However his disillusion to make substitutes at the right time is beginning to piss me off somewhat. And I would agree with your comment of him actually sitting in the stands, even just for one game, or at least have someone in the stands that he trusts that can be in his ear telling him these things. His tactical awareness, im beginning to think, isn't his best fortay.
It's very up and down, we won't get relegated and also we won't be going up. So that's the season done with already then!

On another note palace will smash us in the cup with half a team. IMHO.
agreed. not looking forward to playing those smug cunts. Dont want to be defeatist but theyve won at the premier league champions this season and we cant even beat a team in the bottom three of the championship. never know in a one-off but wouldnt be surprised if we get turned over.

You can't blame Rowett for that performance. He picked the same team and formation that worked against Brum and he would have told them to do it again and they didn't.

To me, it looked like we scored and thought the game was done. Peterborough can't buy a win and hadn't scored for ages and going a goal down, the players looked complacent, which is unforgivable. We spent the rest of the 1st half committing ridiculous fouls and inviting pressure.

You can blame Rowett when the 3rd from bottom team has 70% possession and dominating. If the other team is having that much of the ball then you are losing the midfield, so it was baffling to me that Rowett didn't put another midfielder on, (ideally Dutch) and sacrifice either a forward or a defender. And not making subs until the 74th minute? What the fuck was that?

Too many passengers today. As @monkeymfc said, that was as bad as Luton.

I thought it was a fucking spineless display. The players should be embarrassed of themselves and refund the 2,000 odd who spent their hard-earned money to watch that load of shit.

Ruined my Saturday.

Evans can't play in a 2 man CM, he reminds me of Trotter, I'd like to see a CM of Mitchell, Dutch and Thompson for the rest of the season, Evans and Saville are dogshit!

Evans can't play midfield, period. After last week's abboration when he played well, normal service was resumed. His distribution was crap, his tackling poor and his positioning awful. He was lucky to stay on the pitch. I lost count of the number of times he was caught on the wrong side of his man, and had to tap their ankles to stop the P'boro player breaking away.

In his post match interview he said, he knew they would come at us and that we was going to try hit them on the counter attack, and he also said he don't know why we was so poor today.

Well mr GR we was poor because you told the players to step back and hit them on the counter, this bloke needs to go now.

Just listened to his interview myself, and funnily enough he said he changed the formation 2 or 3 times today. :surrender:

No wonder why we are so up and down and in between of nothing. Surely just stick to one game plan, if in doubt he always sticks Smith on anyway so that's the 2nd tactic.

I'm hopeful we can get a couple moved on in January so it opens up a couple to come in, we need a spark from somewhere.

Just listened to his interview myself, and funnily enough he said he changed the formation 2 or 3 times today. :surrender:

No wonder why we are so up and down and in between of nothing. Surely just stick to one game plan, if in doubt he always sticks Smith on anyway so that's the 2nd tactic.

I'm hopeful we can get a couple moved on in January so it opens up a couple to come in, we need a spark from somewhere.

I'm not defending GR, just my point of view:
A decent team of professional footballers should be able to adapt to tactical formation changes during a game and, usually do. We usually don't or, usually can't. That's not the managers fault. That's down to dim shits who wear football boots.

We do have some decent players but there are also some real divs in our squad when it comes to using their brains.

Like others just read/seen his after match thoughts. Every game is the same. After the game he describes exactly what has gone wrong.
Why does the cunt not do something about it during the fucking game.
Maybe thats the problem, he dont know how to.
Frustrating much.
He doesn't know how to, I am very convinced about that.
I watched the game, and when the camera cut to him, he had his hands out, and shrugged his shoulders, he really don't know what to do.
The players played the game the way he told them to, drop back and hit them on the counter, when we was all looking for a game like the previous one, get at them, give them no space, attack, attack, attack, but the genius tactician GR is, he changed the way we play yet again.

We finally get the same team who played well in the previous match, and we get served up this bullsh1t today, this bloke needs to be kicked out of the club tomorrow morning and not given till January, along with AP, yes a short corner worked last week, but for god sake, do you really think that peterborough didn't do their homework, they knew exactly what was coming with our first corner.

Even Dave Tuttle would do me as manager right now.

I'm not defending GR, just my point of view:
A decent team of professional footballers should be able to adapt to tactical formation changes during a game and, usually do. We usually don't or, usually can't. That's not the managers fault. That's down to dim shits who wear football boots.

We do have some decent players but there are also some real divs in our squad when it comes to using their brains.
You are correct, but it's the manager who picks these players, and the manager who should be telling them in training, if plan A don't work we are going to try plan A-1 if not plan B then plan B-1 etc...

Who knows what GR is telling them in training, just the other week he came out and said that formations don't matter, what kind of manager says crap like that? the last one I remember who said that was hollowhead.

I wish we would forget the fancy formations. Every successful Wall team I can think of simply had a strong work ethic with 2 wide players to cross the ball. 2 Strikers and a consistent back 4. If that is not working change it from there. Today as soon as we scored we retreated and looked like there was no understanding between them at all.

Last couple of games sums us up perfectly. Last week elated, this week deflated. We should be used to it by now.
Just a pity it went tits up today, as a good run of results, leading up to the Palace cup match, would have had the squad, and us flying high with confidence.
Respect to all those that made the trip today.