Match thread Millwall v Queens park rangers

firstly, bit of credit to the west london cunts - thought they were 5% better, man for man, across teh pitch. it's probably just the case that they had better players, playing at their best.

bradshaw should not start. Running around and around does not a good player make. Afobe done almost nothing when he came on (with zero service too), but still managed to do more than bradshaw all game. I like bradshaw, but you need him playing with someone who can dominate the line, who will bring him into play.

i got to thinking of funny enough abdou and trotter on teh way home. abdou was the one who tackled, covered mile up mile, done all the dirty work, and trotter, at least much of the time, was the creative force, teh player who could skip through the lines, who could pick a through ball. oh for a duo like that at this level for us. we cannot and will not (as it stands) dominate the final third. everythign always comes back.

defence shaky as fuck.

in summary, problems across teh field. all our players (and it feels liek its been this way ever since we got promoted) play as if they are tender hooks, look like theya re shitting themselves. we never ever seem to look fully comfortable. thus our game is always hurried, worried, panicky, blood and thunder stuff. it's a shame because growing up 80s/90s/ early 00s, we were always seen as a "good footballing side" now we are "hard to play against" at best. it's a shame - probably a symptom of so much moeny in the game. we just can't compete. like tonight, lets be honest, they just were on a fundemental level "better than us across teh park"

With respect, can you tell me when we’ve been “shit hot” this season?
Well, maybe not shit hot, but I think nearly all of us on here felt that the 1st game of this season, at home to Stoke, was extremely positive, with some of our best football played in a while, coming from a couple of our new signings!

Coming from 2 goals behind at home to Coventry was a battling, never say die performance, and our class shone through eventually at home to Cardiff!

Where it’s gone wrong this season, is the games against Swansea, Reading and tonight’s game against QPR. They were the complete opposite of the Stoke and Coventry games (though we showed grit and determination to force Swansea into defensive mistakes to draw 2-2), and that’s where our main problem lies: inconsistency!

Win against Stoke, lose against Cambridge in the Cup! A come from behind win against Coventry saw a poor display against a not very good Swansea side in the following game! A convincing end of game win against Cardiff has seen another poor display against QPR!

These sometimes hard fought wins should have been the springboard for the next game to be played with the same levels of intensity and ability, but more often than not, a player that’s played well in one game, suddenly goes missing in the next game, and the reasons for it can’t always be down to playing against better opposition!

It was a tactical masterclass against Rowett who hasn’t got a fucking clue. They sussed we were uncomfortable playing out from the back so pressurised us from the off leading to hoof balls.
We are too static with no give and go! Can’t blame GR for their second which was totally unprofessional. Should have their weeks wages docked the wankers.

Nothing to do with Rowett. Sack the first team and play the reserves.
I'm afraid it has everything to do with Rowett. He picks the team and sets out how he wants them to play irrespective of are we good enough?
I never criticise him on here, but tonight was woeful. Even I am thinking maybe this could be the beginning of the end.
I like GR a lot and feel he knows what he is doing. But things have to change PDQ,
before we start to slide towards the bottom of the table. I'm praying he can turn it round, but I now have my doubts.

If you play Flemming he needs the ball to feet, if the team can't do that no point playing him. None of our centre backs are comfortable on the ball, so expecting them to hit slide rule passes is pissing in the wind and we are a team of midgets, so playing the ball in the air is pointless. The senior players need to have a word with GR, a few are looking unhappy with the style of play. Needs to change things lively.

Start with ditching the 3 centre backs, it doesn't fucking work. We get overrun in midfield every fucking game as a result.

I always like to reply the following day when the red mist has absolved.

Firstly QPR were better in every department and the ease with which they won was worrying.

I haven't seen the Den empty like that before the final whistle in ages, again very worrying.

The goals were both avoidable and as for the second one you would have been gutted conceding that playing for the Dog and Duck in a Sunday Pub League.

There is no link between the midfield and forward line and there is absolutely no movement in the final third. This is not only worrying but very very poor for a championship side.

When it was obvious that QPR had 'sussed' us out Rowett had to change things. The subs were like for like and the final throw of the dice was Coops up top. There was no plan B.

Blackpool is a big game now and anything but a win will result in the Haters Arms opening 24/7 and to be fair after last night who can blame them. I don't think Berylson will sack Rowett yet but I think the results/performances/falling attendances and fans anger will force JB's hand especially if we have any aspirations to move on.

I agree to a certain extent.

We simply don’t have the quality of players to cut teams apart and that’s always going to limit what we can achieve. Virtually every QPR player looked comfortable on the ball while only Flemming, Styles initially and to a lesser extent Shacks of our lot looked composed.

I blame GR for the lack of movement in the team, especially forwards not coming short to met the ball, drawing an opponent with them to create space behind.

Thought we looked okay for the first 20 minutes but rapidly went downhill after that.

We can level criticism at virtually the whole team but I feel Billy is a liability in central midfield. Never gives up trying etc but there were countless times he got caught in possession or missed the opportunity to pass forward. If opposing managers have sussed him they’ll set their teams up close other options in the hope we’ll pass to Billy!

Not sure about Volg. Needs time to blend in but haven’t seen any thing yet to excite me 🤷‍♂️
I thought Billy came out with some credit last night, always made himself available for the ball unlike Saville...

I'm afraid it has everything to do with Rowett. He picks the team and sets out how he wants them to play irrespective of are we good enough?
I never criticise him on here, but tonight was woeful. Even I am thinking maybe this could be the beginning of the end.
I like GR a lot and feel he knows what he is doing. But things have to change PDQ,
before we start to slide towards the bottom of the table. I'm praying he can turn it round, but I now have my doubts.
How can you hold him responsible for the two goals, especially the second - so unprofessional?

I always like to reply the following day when the red mist has absolved.

Firstly QPR were better in every department and the ease with which they won was worrying.

I haven't seen the Den empty like that before the final whistle in ages, again very worrying.

The goals were both avoidable and as for the second one you would have been gutted conceding that playing for the Dog and Duck in a Sunday Pub League.

There is no link between the midfield and forward line and there is absolutely no movement in the final third. This is not only worrying but very very poor for a championship side.

When it was obvious that QPR had 'sussed' us out Rowett had to change things. The subs were like for like and the final throw of the dice was Coops up top. There was no plan B.

Blackpool is a big game now and anything but a win will result in the Haters Arms opening 24/7 and to be fair after last night who can blame them. I don't think Berylson will sack Rowett yet but I think the results/performances/falling attendances and fans anger will force JB's hand especially if we have any aspirations to move on.
I’m not confident JB would sack GR at all. Better to recruit a decent No. 2

I have never previously been in the Rowett out camp and really thought for the club we are there are not many better managers out there. But this season with his own team now in place I have to say its pretty dire. I think a couple of the decent new recruits are thinking what have i come into here. Honeyman, although stupidly got sent off, had some decent games and now has to watch Saville playing in front of him. I do think the dutch and german have something about them but again noting to feed off except scraps from long balls. I still think the players have to take blame for not being able to even pass to one another but it is very negative tactically and I dont think it will be or can be changed and the players certainly dont look like they are enjoying their football which is never good.
Nugent seems to be getting the younguns to be playing well maybe give him a go for a bit in a caretaker role and see what happens, if we end up in the bottom three in the next couple of weeks, what have we got to lose.

It’s difficult to really tell what the tactics are
I think the negative tactics are something like this. Wingbacks protect the 3 centre backs down the flanks. Midfield sit deep and protect the 3 centre backs through the middle. If we somehow get a corner or free kick, centre backs go up and attack. Play for a bore draw first half. Tyler and knackered Wing backs fully commit to attack down the wing if we go behind or in the last ten minutes if we’re still level. Cooper go up front in the last few mins because we have no height in the striker department to play direct when we need to change it or are chasing the game.

I think the negative tactics are something like this. Wingbacks protect the 3 centre backs down the flanks. Midfield sit deep and protect the 3 centre backs through the middle. If we somehow get a corner or free kick, centre backs go up and attack. Play for a bore draw first half. Tyler and knackered Wing backs fully commit to attack down the wing if we go behind or in the last ten minutes if we’re still level. Cooper go up front in the last few mins because we have no height in the striker department to play direct when we need to change it or are chasing the game.
exactly, always protecting the back 3, christ sake there's three of them already!

exactly, always protecting the back 3, christ sake there's three of them already!
I suppose because they lack pace Rowett feels he has too protect them. If he wants a 3 it has to be a quick 3 but that detracts from our aerial threat.
Easy solution just play a back 4.….
If there are any Wall players reading the comments on this messageboard and are as bored senseless as some of us are, please could you ask the Senior players to convey some ideas to Mr Rowett as the management team are obviously no help whatsoever.