Match thread Millwall v Queens park rangers

Wrong team, wrong set up.
Not sure Rowett will ever change his approach. Again only urgency once we're behind.
Move on and hope he pulls something out of the bag, if not something will have to change dramatically, and that can only be one thing. Not looking to promising at the moment.
COYL

I just can’t see him changing his ethos. It’s painful and I just can’t see any other way than to get a new management team in.
What current out of work manager is there, that’s going to be better than Rowett?

No half decent Prem/Championship manager is going to come here with the resources we have, so we are left looking at up and coming managers in leagues 1 and 2! Does anyone on here know of any?

My worry is that if JB does end up sacking Rowett, he’ll go with somebody like Chris Hughton, the type of manager that has dinosaur like tactics who will probably lead us into league 1 next season!

We were defensively solid last season now Wallace and Cooper have been fucking dreadful this season, Cresswell looks dogshit to me, leaking goals all over the place, no attacking nouse equals a relegation fight!!

What current out of work manager is there, that’s going to be better than Rowett?

No half decent Prem/Championship manager is going to come here with the resources we have, so we are left looking at up and coming managers in leagues 1 and 2!

My worry is that if JB does end up sacking Rowett, he’ll go with somebody like Chris Hughton, the type of manager that has dinosaur like tactics who will probably lead us into league 1 next season!
It looks like we are going into league one with Rowett anyway.

No half decent Prem/Championship manager is going to come here with the resources we have, so we are left looking at up and coming managers in leagues 1 and 2!

Well, he’s got a real problem to solve, as with this cost of living crisis hitting, fans won’t pay to watch this shit. Attendances will fall quicker than a whores knickers. Who’s gonna spend the best part of a oner, just to be served up this shit every week?

Its the same every week and will be the same at the end of the season, nothing changes, same formation, same substitutes who come on the same time every week when we inevitably go behind.
Fucking football by numbers, Rowett should patent a board game.

Well, he’s got a real problem to solve, as with this cost of living crisis hitting, fans won’t pay to watch this shit. Attendances will fall quicker than a whores knickers. Who’s gonna spend the best part of a oner, just to be served up this shit every week?
Without one shot on target. Doesn’t get much worse.

For me, and it’s a fker of a perspective as I’m sat at home, but it’s just whole current vibe at the club. Like the players don’t give a Fk, saville walking around like he’s wearing heels half the time no passion or effort, GR only shows a bit of passion at the refs, no attacking knowledge In any of the background staff, and you have the QPR players and fans taking the piss, years gone by they would’ve been fkin slaughtered for taking the piss but now it seems it’s just “accepted”.

last of all, I said to my wee boy, come full time you’ll hear the boos…and yet very muted boos, before under Nicholl and even spackman the manager knew the expectation.

maybe it’s the new 21st century football, maybe people scared to shout something which will get them banned or maybe like me who turned to my boy (after our tickets from Sunderland were cancelled) that he can forget Blackburn at a round trip of approx £200 to watch that shit.

fk me I’m pissed off. why he took the German and styles off, styles was pretty decent I felt, and saville was left on for 77 mins too long. Afobe would've took him right back off.
QPr manager got it right… 1-0 up and he brings on a CAM and a CF AND AT 2-0 he brings on another forward, don’t think GR will ever do that.

for my last point, as I finish my beer, I would say to JB right now, you have backed your manager, you have paid the millions, got some quality but he ain’t repaying you, time to change something. I personally would break the bank to see a dream managerial team of dyche (championship manager knows how to get promoted, knows what it means to millwall, hard as nails) and Reid (assistant for Forrest and Scotland again millwall) and if it was pure fantasy football add in Cahill too.

but we’ll end up with Morrison hahahahahah

No half decent Prem/Championship manager is going to come here with the resources we have, so we are left looking at up and coming managers in leagues 1 and 2! Does anyone on here know of any?

When you’ve lost 6 out of 10 haven’t scored in 6, and keep doing the same thing without a shot in goal!!!!! Chris Houghton would be a massive step forward, couldn’t be any f#cking worse. Please stop going on about the resources, he’s had more to spend than half the teams in our division this year. Qpr ain’t spent a tanner!

I think we got some good players. It’s how they are coached and told to play. Surely we can’t rely on corners to get us up the league.
Don’t think it’s just that! The players have to take 50% of the blame! They are simply not performing on a consistent basis!

No two game performances are the same: we’re either shit hot, or just shit!

Footballers, in any division, should surely want to have pride in themselves that they can finish a game of football and think, “yeah, I put in a decent shift today!” They also have to have belief in their own abilities as professional footballers! Hand on heart, does anyone on here think there has been pride and belief in every Wall player that’s played for the 1st 11 this season? I would say perhaps one or two, but for the most part no, I don’t think there has!

Don’t think it’s just that! The players have to take 50% of the blame! They are simply not performing on a consistent basis!

Footballers, in any division, should surely want to have pride in themselves that they can finish a game of football and think, “yeah, I put in a decent shift today!” They also have to have belief in their own abilities as professional footballers! Hand on heart, does anyone on here think there has been pride and belief in every Wall player that’s played for the 1st 11 this season? I would say perhaps one or two, but for the most part no, I don’t think there has!
With respect, can you tell me when we’ve been “shit hot” this season?

Disappointed. We have some very good players. There is something lacking. I can’t say for sure what the solution is, but daft tactics of Billy trying to get down the right with no pace, our best goal poacher in Bradshaw not given anything to really run onto, just balls pinged up to him chest height, Saville just giving the ball away with long raking passes to nowhere, Shackleton and Styles our only out ball not given the ball at any pace. We are a man short in midfield, and team gets to our box with quick passes as we are so open and when we have the ball our 3 Centre backs mean we have not enough forward options, so we go backwards all the time. Cresswell and Wallace as CB , I think so, Cooper has been poor this season

Nothing to do with Rowett. Sack the first team and play the reserves.
I agree to a certain extent.

We simply don’t have the quality of players to cut teams apart and that’s always going to limit what we can achieve. Virtually every QPR player looked comfortable on the ball while only Flemming, Styles initially and to a lesser extent Shacks of our lot looked composed.

I blame GR for the lack of movement in the team, especially forwards not coming short to met the ball, drawing an opponent with them to create space behind.

Thought we looked okay for the first 20 minutes but rapidly went downhill after that.

We can level criticism at virtually the whole team but I feel Billy is a liability in central midfield. Never gives up trying etc but there were countless times he got caught in possession or missed the opportunity to pass forward. If opposing managers have sussed him they’ll set their teams up close other options in the hope we’ll pass to Billy!

Not sure about Volg. Needs time to blend in but haven’t seen any thing yet to excite me 🤷‍♂️

If that’s the case, there is only one person at fault the manager. No player goes out not to put in a decent shift, ever. They are all out of position, No one seems to
Really know what is expected of them. Never blame the players unless there is a fault in the msnsger. No goals in six games, only two from open play THIS SEASON!!!! I know a lot of players are not happy with the tactics and that’s a fact

If that’s the case, there is only one person at fault the manager. No player goes out not to put in a decent shift, ever. They are all out of position, No one seems to
Really know what is expected of them. Never blame the players unless there is a fault in the msnsger. No goals in six games, only two from open play THIS SEASON!!!! I know a lot of players are not happy with the tactics and that’s a fact
It’s difficult to really tell what the tactics are

Watching the game tonight at home and glad I did, my take on who to ship out if we could, this is messy, 1. Bart been great last few seasons but not now. 2. Cooper, liability. 3. Murray Wallace, complete gone to pot. 4. Hutch, massive loss of form. 5. Savile, should be playing in lge one. 6. Mitchell, works hard but no use to our strikers. 7. All our strikers, not their fault as midfield bar Fleming useless just playing pretty football with no end product. Just watch the qpr midfielders total master class on how to supply their strikers.