Match thread Millwall V Cardiff, KO 3pm

Keep saying it Millwall needs a target man
We need to learn how to play football easily. Never have one option to pass let alone 2. Always on top of one another, no composure just get rid. Only option we ever have is a back pass to one of the centre halves. Them 3 must have most touches. Afobe probably touched it 4 times

Really poor first half!

Only positive is that we’ve kept the Cardiff forwards quiet!

I would say we are slightly the better team, and Cardiff are there for the taking! They don’t look that interested in going forward, but Rowett’s 3 at the back is stopping us from getting anything out of this game!

Best chance of the game was Malone’s great pass into Burke, but the Taff’s gk spread himself wide, and that was that!

Not sure about Burke playing on the wing. Think he might be better playing more centrally, up front!

2nd half has got to be better!

Turgid boarding on farcical.
Cardiff have come with plan akin to GR’a masterclass in boring the opponents and supporters into an assisted suicide.
Morison has them disrupting the game with the time wasting tactic of going to ground at the slightest touch clutching their legs or heads.

Meanwhile in the Rowett household…

Mrs Rowett “Fancy a bunk Gary?”.

GR “Sure Missiony!?”.

Mrs Rowett “Fuck off you predictable boring cunt”.

Morrison has them playing 2 good lines of defense when we have the ball, much like the defense we used to have when Harris was here, he knows we don't have the players to play through it.

GR playing right into his hands, unless he changes formation at half time, Morrison will be thinking this management lark is easy.

This is spot on, mfcjohn.

Ball is going backwards way way to much, no attacking intent, Jed needs to be on the wing, he is not doing well due to GR playing him in a free role, get Malone off and put Bennett or Mahoney on the wing, go 4-4-2 (not 4-2-3-1) get crosses into Afobe and Burke

H-T 0-0. I’ve attended more exciting funerals 🤦‍♂️

Cardiff setup to defend and catch us in the break; Burke and Jed in a front 3 doesn’t work (running into the same space); Billy has misplaced more passes than have found their target); Danny and Malone anchored on their respective touch lines with nowhere to go when the ball arrives; need to hit early balls into the channels but these have been delayed and front 3 caught offside; Cardiff letting Hutch and Cooper dominate possession knowing they’re unlikely to threaten and I could go on🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️

Got 0-0 written all over it 🤷‍♂️

Think we need Bennett on ASAP, ideally to replace Jed and possibly Saville for Billy.

I’m preparing for the longest 45 minutes of my life 🤦‍♂️

Last edited:
I'd take Cooper off, he nearly cost us again earlier. Put Malone to left back, Murray to CB, bring on Bennett to play up top with Afobe, Jed and Burke on the wings. 4-4-2. Get the ball wide, beat the man or cross it and attack the box. Overlapping full-backs. Out-and-out attack. Gung-ho. Chaotic football.

More chance of me growing a ponytail in 45 minutes than any of that happening.