Match thread Millwall V Cardiff, KO 3pm

Any chance Jed can just go back to mostly playing on the wing? He’s being asked to run all over the gaff like a headless chicken and it’s not working (& I’m his biggest fan) Oi, GR, put him back on the right wing, get him to help Danny out a bit more, play a few one two’s and knock some crosses over for Benik to miss but hopefully Bennett or Olly to stick in
Jed has always played that way!

He is a headless chicken and that’s why he’s still playing for Millwall and not moved to pastures new a long time ago.

In all the time I’ve watched Jed I can’t remember playing 1-2s being his forte.

I’d start with Bennett, Afobe and Burke and bring Jed on as an impact sub, albeit I appreciate I’m in a minority with this view!

Last edited:

He is a headless chicken and that’s why he’s still playing for Millwall and not moved to pastures new a long time ago.

I’d start with Bennett, Afobe and Burke and bring Jed on as an impact sub, albeit I appreciate I’m in a minority with this view!
I agree mate, if Jed is off when he's contract is up then there is no point starting him in games anymore, let him be a sub now until he goes.

Last edited by a moderator:

Agree

Last edited by a moderator:
I agree mate, if Jed is off when he's contract is up then there is no point starting him in games anymore, let him be a sub now until he goes.
He got a fair bit of flack from block one and two yesterday. I thought he was awful again, no vision, poor passing and doesn't look for a player before he wacks it aimlessly into the box.

He got a fair bit of flack from block one and two yesterday. I thought he was awful again, no vision, poor passing and doesn't look for a player before he wacks it aimlessly into the box.
Just don't see the point starting him anymore if GR knows he is off when he's contract is up. We ain't going up or down now so might as well start building for next season. Otherwise Jed is just taking up a place in the first team when another player can start nailing a spot down in the first team.

Just don't see the point starting him anymore if GR knows he is off when he's contract is up. We ain't going up or down now so might as well start building for next season. Otherwise Jed is just taking up a place in the first team when another player can start nailing a spot down in the first team.
I'd like to see Burey get more chances, we're safe and have nothing to lose.

I’ll have to disagree somewhat, there was some debate a few years ago about exactly what Jed was but my recollection of him in his early days were basically as a right winger who could occasionally switch wings after a corner or a swap with AOB etc. He linked up well with Marlon, whether that was one two’s or not, & he put a few crosses in for Gregory & Morison both of who were better goal scorers than the current crop. He wouldn’t have got all those “assists” (second best in the champion one season) if he was running all over the gaff line he did yesterday.
Anyway, the point is he should go back to doing what he’s good at and that’s firing a few crosses over

I’ll have to disagree somewhat, there was some debate a few years ago about exactly what Jed was but my recollection of him in his early days were basically as a right winger who could occasionally switch wings after a corner or a swap with AOB etc. He linked up well with Marlon, whether that was one two’s or not, & he put a few crosses in for Gregory & Morison both of who were better goal scorers than the current crop. He wouldn’t have got all those “assists” (second best in the champion one season) if he was running all over the gaff line he did yesterday.
Anyway, the point is he should go back to doing what he’s good at and that’s firing a few crosses over
OAG: Clearly we’ll never agree on how good/average Jed is but when he and Romeo played together they were the gormless twins and with regards to them playing 1-2s I think it’s fair to say that counting was never their strong point struggling to get beyond 1! I can’t think of a single occasion they worked the ball through opponents and created a goal. The only time I can remember there being a threat down our right through 1-2s was when McLaughlin used to underlap and get to the byline.

Jed should get back to doing what he does best “firing in a few crosses”? When it comes to crossing he wasn’t/isn’t as good as Fergie nor, IMO, Mahoney. I appreciate his assist figures look impressive but I’d be interested to know what percentage of his crosses beat the first defender and reach the danger area.

When he does leave us I think he’ll disappear into oblivion in a similar way to Lee Gregory.