Match thread Bristol City v Millwall (1pm)

I am not usually one to slag off our manager,
BUT that defeat is down to him, having got ourselves back in the game and looking quite dangerous after going in front.
HIS second half game management/ substitutions we’re very poor.
Evans was awful , ojo always a threat other than when he throws himself to the deck . Needs to stay on his feet more and run at defenders.
Saville had a poor second half malone on for him should of been the change.

I am not usually one to slag off our manager,
BUT that defeat is down to him, having got ourselves back in the game and looking quite dangerous after going in front.
HIS second half game management/ substitutions we’re very poor.
Evans was awful , ojo always a threat other than when he throws himself to the deck . Needs to stay on his feet more and run at defenders.
Saville had a poor second half malone on for him should of been the change.
I think he's ran out of ideas with us, he never lasts more than 2 seasons at any club and I can see why.

This game epitomises Rowett’s football mindset!

I said at HT the City players would come at us for the 1st 15 minutes of the 2nd half (and they did), but they didn’t stop coming for us and, I hate to say it, but they deserved that win!

We played absolutely shit 2nd half. Pearson made a blinding sub at HT, bringing on the midfielder with the ‘fro, and he bossed our midfield, breaking up a lot of the play. Then Rowett decides to sub Ojo, who was having his best game for us, and as soon as that happened, ‘fro and the other City midfielders took control.

Rowett’s subs were, once again, both baffling and stupid. Ojo I’ve mentioned, but bringing on Evans and taking Mitchell off, when we’re already losing the midfield? Smith gets a run out for, what, 2 minutes, and then the ref blows FT.

Can’t remember us having a shot on goal 2nd half. Saville has to be dropped, along with Evans! Both add nothing to the midfield and both give too many balls away!

3 points lost today, and if we play like this next Saturday, Palace could very well muller us!

You‘ll hear the usual but look how high in the division we are…. Yes but the division is crap this year and with a positive approach we’d be in the top 6.
This.
We will fall short yet again this season.
A great win at Coventry followed by a collapse in this game after looking like we were going to win.
No chance of play offs if we keep that sort of run going.

In that final 10-15 minutes, Saville misplaced at least two critical passes which would have put our strikers through. And he was unchallenged. He wins the ball back off Massengo edge of their box and proceeds to fuck up again. Evans came on and made some of the most bizarre choices of pass I’ve seen. It looked crooked.

Said it before, will say it again. We are crying out for a bit of quality in an attacking midfield position. Especially when you have two willing runners in Afobe and Bradshaw, clicking and scoring goals. It’s madness.

I
He plays better with Hutch in a 2 with a left back outside of him. He’s out of position as is Saville.

I agree that he appears more comfortable with Hutch next to him, but whether it's 4 or 5 at the back, his job is essentially the same: He's the the left-sided centre back, so he's hardly being played out of position. Unfortunately, simply not the player he was two seasons ago.

Members online