Luton v Millwall match thread

Obviously, like all of you on here, I remember that night very well.
There is one detail that I also remember, which seems to have been conveniently brushed under the carpet.
We played Luton because they had just beaten Watford after a replay in the previous round.

Before they played that replay, Watford said that if they got through to face Millwall, the match would have been all ticket. Luton said that if they got through there would not be time to do that, so it would be pay on the night.

They did this because they are a scummy little club and they always have been. They had no regard whatsoever for public safety and because it was Millwall they were able to load all the blame on us for being hooligans.
Only those who were there can attest to how many non 'wall fans were there, but I hear and suspect the number was very high.

I will never forgive their greed pre match and their total disregard for our fans' safety during and after the match. If they were to fold tomorrow, I would be cheering from the roof tops.
Took my 10 year old boy to that one , never seen a walk up crowd like that since Spurs away in 67, another Crowd crush was averted by the brave Millwall supporters climbing over the 12 foot fence, the authorities deserved everything they got and so did LT FC.
All Millwall supporters fault in the days following, was it fuck.

Even before any injuries, would be happy to take a point!

Certainly preferable to losing to those cunts, and we’d still be above them by the end of the evening!

They weren’t ready for it, we turned up floodlights weren’t even on . Copper opened the gates at least 2000 got in for nothing , as I did. It was a wave, you could not have stayed out. Spent most of the game standing on the fella in front of me his heels, couldn’t find the terrace. Elton John had said if it’s Millwall it’s all ticket. Tory chairman, and pm Maggie .. ,let’s use these lowlifes as scumbags to divert what a shit job we’re doing ..

Hillsborough before Hillsborough, how no one died that night is a miracle, i can still remember struggling to breathe due to the crushing while watching the game. Luton were to blame due to their greed in not making this match all ticket and minimal Old Bill who did not have a clue how to handle the situation, the spillage out of the stands was down to overcrowding, it was when Old Bill tried to force those back into already overcrowded stands that the trouble started.
Always remember the crush and as I mentioned before the young girl.

it was when Old Bill tried to force those back into already overcrowded stands that the trouble started.
Spot on. Then the OB trying to clear the stand with dogs was when people were forced onto the pitch. People had no where to go. Dont forget the OB opened the pitch gate to relieve the crush on the terrace earlier and thats when our fans went and sat in the home stand. How this was not re-visited in a public enquiry I dont know (or maybe I do as this was Millwall) stinks of a cover up.

All the talk of we had firms from other clubs with us was utter crap, it was a South London day out, at the time my younger brother and around 20 of his mates from Catford went, all apart from one Chelsea and one Arsenal were Millwall but out of them only three or four were regular attenders, whenever we had a biggish game they all turned up.
It was similar to all the other little mobs that went that night, there would had been no way a mob of anyone else would had been tolerated.

Does anyone have a streaming link that might work in OZ ? Saw that there was one a few recommended on another post but can't locate it now.

Obviously, like all of you on here, I remember that night very well.
There is one detail that I also remember, which seems to have been conveniently brushed under the carpet.
We played Luton because they had just beaten Watford after a replay in the previous round.

Before they played that replay, Watford said that if they got through to face Millwall, the match would have been all ticket. Luton said that if they got through there would not be time to do that, so it would be pay on the night.

They did this because they are a scummy little club and they always have been. They had no regard whatsoever for public safety and because it was Millwall they were able to load all the blame on us for being hooligans.
Only those who were there can attest to how many non 'wall fans were there, but I hear and suspect the number was very high.

I will never forgive their greed pre match and their total disregard for our fans' safety during and after the match. If they were to fold tomorrow, I would be cheering from the roof tops.
A long but interesting read, although the description of the events at Luton fails to capture the real story of overcrowding and police incompetence. Another Hillsborough cover up!

Does anyone have a streaming link that might work in OZ ? Saw that there was one a few recommended on another post but can't locate it now.
Was it this one:

I've used it a few times and it hasn't dropped out once, touch wood.

Another streaming option is cricfree. I have used it many times and by and large it is not bad. It is so much better when one of the streams is Sky Sports, which it will be tonight.
I will make the second half at the Summerfield pub in Lee where the governor is a fan. Will you be there? I will be wearing a big red coat.