Luton v Millwall match thread

Nah bollox mate

Bollocks to what though? We’ve picked up 12 points out of the last 10, four of them against the top two and last night one away to our nearest rival. We’re heading into the run in sitting in the play offs with plenty of winnable games ahead, including Luton and Blackburn at home.

It’s understandable to get frustrated at the subs last night but you have to factor in that they were probably dictated by injuries and fatigue. Shackleton and Bradshaw were playing with calf strains and Leonard was cramping up. I doubt that Watmore and Burke were 100% ready either. That’s on top of the half dozen or so injuries we’ve got anyway.

Rowett has been getting the substitutions and general game management absolutely spot on in our recent run all whilst spinning plates. Many of his changes both subs and tactical have won us a lot of points and but for a lapse in concentration last night would have picked up a couple more. It’s always tough to concede a late goal but it happens especially away from against a decent side. On the balance of it a draw was a decent result.

Wouldn’t be surprised with hutch fit we play 5 at the back. Massive game looking at our run in. We need freshness energy ambition and luck. And some football brains. Need to learn how to pass the ball to each other preferably with a first touch.
Genuinely think if he does, we miss the play offs. 3 centre backs doesn't work. Cresswell and Cooper have been superb, as important as Hutch is, he should be on the bench Saturday and only come on if one of the other two come off

Unreal bods still moaning. 54 points with 12 to play, fantastic return. Slight concern with the injuries being picked up by key players but no doubt the same for everyone at this stage of the season. That being said, got every faith in Rowett and the spirit in this team. One thing I do know, if we do happen to come up short it won’t be for the want of trying. Everyone at the club giving 100% week in week out. Very proud of this lot however it tops out. COYL

Now had chance to review last night.
Why is everything we do so frantic? we never seem to have any time on the ball! we couldn't string 3 passes together last night, everything was just launched up field for Bradshaw to chase, the ball just kept coming back time and time again!

GR is getting more and more defensive again, going to 5 at the back cost us two points last night, (to many cooks and all that). We gave the Luton defence absolutely nothing to worry about all night (Yes we scored twice, 1 a howler from their keeper the other offside) I said at half time GR needed to be proactive and take off Shackleton and Voglsammer and bring on Burke and Watmore and move Honeyman into CM and start pushing them back, but he tried to do a Stoke and you could see in wasn't going to work.

Having said that I would have taken a point at kick off, I'm not slagging anyone just a couple of opinions.

(Also, when are we going to realise Cooper is never gonna get a penalty, EVER! STOP LEAVING HIM ON HIS OWN TO GET MANHANDLED BY 2-3 DEFENDERS, SURROUND HIM WITH OUR PLAYERS TO KEEP THE OPPOSITION AWAY FROM HIM!!!)

commentary over here said the trouble in ,85 was caused by millwall fans turning up without tickets . fucks sake NOLU

(Also, when are we going to realise Cooper is never gonna get a penalty, EVER! STOP LEAVING HIM ON HIS OWN TO GET MANHANDLED BY 2-3 DEFENDERS, SURROUND HIM WITH OUR PLAYERS TO KEEP THE OPPOSITION AWAY FROM HIM!!!)
Maybe GR could use Cooper’s presence another way?

Instead of Cooper being in and amongst opposition defenders, who nowadays surround him to stop his movement in the six yard box, GR could put him further out in the penalty box, and see if defenders go with him! We know (and I’m sure opposition managers know), that Cooper can make quick runs into the six yard box, whenever there’s a corner or free kick, but if he stays where he is, that’s taking two or three defenders away from the 6 yard box, making it less crowded, and giving the likes of Hutch, Flemming, Voglsammer etc. more space to attack the ball!

Maybe GR could use Cooper’s presence another way?

Instead of Cooper being in and amongst opposition defenders, who nowadays surround him to stop his movement in the six yard box, GR could put him further out in the penalty box, and see if defenders go with him! We know (and I’m sure opposition managers know), that Cooper can make quick runs into the six yard box, whenever there’s a corner or free kick, but if he stays where he is, that’s taking two or three defenders away from the 6 yard box, making it less crowded, and giving the likes of Hutch, Flemming, Voglsammer etc. more space to attack the ball!
I was thinking exactly the same mate. I also think if he makes runs into the penalty area offences against him will more obvious- still won’t get a pen though 😉

Another big game against the 6 finger freaks Norwich on Saturday, the team is going to need another massive effort for this game. We have a week off to rest up against Reading after that. We have had some tough fucking games during this period and we got through them with a very decent points tally.