Life after JB

Arthur2shedsJackson

What happens next? I assume his wife or kids will inherit the club. But as far as i know none of them have shown any interest. So will they sell and while we wait for a buyer who makes the important decisions like selling players and buying new ones?

I am sure that the Club will make an announcement when the time is right as they know there will be uncertainty among staff and supporters.
His Son is mid 50’s and is on the Board but he has other things on his mind at the moment. The day to day running will be handled by the competent staff JB has put in place.

I am sure that the Club will make an announcement when the time is right as they know there will be uncertainty among staff and supporters.
His Son is mid 50’s and is on the Board but he has other things on his mind at the moment. The day to day running will be handled by the competent staff JB has put in place.
But who makes the decisions about transfers and who authorizes payments? Burnley will want the Flemming situation dealt with before the new season starts and we need to make a few signings. We only have four weeks to prepare.

But who makes the decisions about transfers and who authorizes payments? Burnley will want the Flemming situation dealt with before the new season starts and we need to make a few signings. We only have four weeks to prepare.

I spoke with Steve Kavanagh a few nights ago.
He told me he has been speaking with James and he very much wants to take the reigns

Steve has been nothing but exceptional since this JB passed away.

I would think JB’s son and the Board will make the decisions. Everything can wait until after the Funeral at the very least. Burnley will not be hassling us they will show respect at this time and we have already rejected the offers tabled anyway.

JB’s son, James, is 42, was born in Jan 1981.

The people employed by JB will still carry on doing there job.

You don't have that much wealth and involvement in so many things without having a will and making sure everything is in place should this sad event occur.

Slow down Arthur I am sure it’s all in hand .
There’s surely a timeline to start worrying about this sort of stuff.
JB has his funeral on Monday because he hated having to attend funerals on the traditional Jewish Friday. That was his golf day.
The reliable staff he put in place will deal with it, his son will take the helm as soon as the family have had time to grieve.
Got this information at the ground today from a couple of those reliable staff. Queued up to sign the book of condolences the club have done a great job in memory of our beloved JB.

What happens next? I assume his wife or kids will inherit the club. But as far as i know none of them have shown any interest. So will they sell and while we wait for a buyer who makes the important decisions like selling players and buying new ones?
If the son wasn't interested he would not of spent the last couple of years learning from his father

I believe that John said on more than one occasion that his boy (James) as well as other family members were into Millwall in a big way and that he would be passing the reins on to him eventually
Very sadly sooner than expected, but whenever he(James) feels ready to step up I'm sure he will be very proud to carry on and add to his father's legacy and I have no doubt from what John said that he is willing and able to carry on what (John) started .
No timescale on grieving,let the family do whatever they need to do,as long as it takes.
No pressure about what happens to "us" at this time ,as it was very likely there may not have been an "us" without John's interventions.
Respect family's privacy and wishes,
There really are more important things than football!
Family is all.

It’s not the first time in recent years I’ve been proud of our club. JB and now SK know what we are and what we expect. They’ve got very little wrong, especially over the past few years around covid and BLM. We’re very lucky mate.
Yep

What Steve sent me is personal and I wouldn’t want to share something where someone is grieving and he didn’t need to speak to me.

I will show this snippet because it was comforting to me and I hope to everyone else (sorry Steve if I shouldn’t have but you would understand)

Attachments

• 97D1A3C3-AA93-43C8-9083-2852E9E2F07B.jpeg
    97D1A3C3-AA93-43C8-9083-2852E9E2F07B.jpeg
    204.4 KB · Views: 113
I’ve like everyone have grieved and it felt weird as the only person I lost properly was my own Mother but JB’s death has hit me hard and I have thought why? Why so deep?

i have found a reason for me to understand, we are horrible c*nts when anyone tries to take the p*ss we won’t take it , we are the most charitable and caring set of supporters you could ever wish to meet , those who would give their last pennies to make sure one of our own is looked after, the media, even those who I call mates can’t understand but can you ever understand it? Unless you are fortunate to be born in to being Millwall can you? I know some lads look upon us in jealousy being the last bastions of the working class supporters but even them can’t understand and I guess that is something where we should look deep in side and think we are lucky to know what it means.

Mr Berylson as an outsider ( we never welcome outsiders other than a few over the years) but he got us and left us a club , he’s left us a club that we love and still are able to support but a healthy and a club stable. Most importantly he came as yank but left as a true lion and ‘proper wall’ he never wanted the spotlight or ever ever thrown us under the bus when he could’ve been easier to do so. He stood by us and I feel this season we owe it to his legacy and make sure we turn up week in week out home or away otherwise I feel personally it’s a spit on his grave.