Just (on the way) Back

It was like watching a different team , the level of commitment was off the scale , kept waiting for us to fold but we were organised and disciplined , playing players in their best position and doing what they are used to works
Thoroughly enjoyable day at last!

81% possession Southampton
19% possession Lions

81% noise from stands Millwall
19% noise from stands Southampton

Southampton 1 - 2 Millwall

Great to be there, it wasn't quite the swashbuckling style of play when we last won there in 89 in the old first division, but so proud of em today, and our travelling support was immense 👏 🦁

Welcome back Bomber!
Enjoyed today as much as any game for a long while had to encourage my 10 & 12 year old today to go but they loved every min even the interesting walk back to the car every player contributed but having seen the replay of the sarkic save near the end it was terrific a confidence booster for him and the back 4

Just back myself. Nothing to add about the team and management performance that hasn’t already been said but my God our support today was fucking off the scale. Nothing but pure noise and encouragement from first to last from the away end, we moan and argue but when we get it together no one can touch us inside or outside of the ground. Fucking unbeatable.

It was like watching a different team , the level of commitment was off the scale , kept waiting for us to fold but we were organised and disciplined , playing players in their best position and doing what they are used to works

Enjoyed today as much as any game for a long while had to encourage my 10 & 12 year old today to go but they loved every min even the interesting walk back to the car every player contributed but having seen the replay of the sarkic save near the end it was terrific a confidence booster for him and the back 4
My young lad was laughing his head off about the big fat Southampton fan near the bus stop at the end... anywhere I looked something was happening !!

How much of their possession is in the middle 3rd of the pitch?
martin was boring to watch at Swansea and now at southampton, quality individuals can win games whatever the tactics but desire can't be bought.
Yep it was quite strange they just passed the ball sideways one way then the other. Me and 3 other Wall were actually in with them on the half way line 2/3rds of the way up and it seemed they just wanted to walk the ball I to the bet but didn't threaten too much. We were totally committed out there. Great to see. We've got our Millwall back 🦁

Yep it was quite strange they just passed the ball sideways one way then the other. Me and 3 other Wall were actually in with them on the half way line 2/3rds of the way up and it seemed they just wanted to walk the ball I to the bet but didn't threaten too much. We were totally committed out there. Great to see. We've got our Millwall back 🦁
Did you manage to keep quiet?

Aparently according to their manager they lost because they conceded 2 crap goals. I am not sure how a penalty is a crap goal.

My view was that we worked harder and defended really well. Its a fact that your players could not score enough goals to beat us. See you next season for your next lesson. Sort that entitlement attitude out and give credit were it is due.

Aparently according to their manager they lost because they conceded 2 crap goals. I am not sure how a penalty is a crap goal.

My view was that we worked harder and defended really well. Its a fact that your players could not score enough goals to beat us. See you next season for your next lesson. Sort that entitlement attitude out and give credit were it is due.

For all their possession, their three best chances came from two balls crossed into our box. They scored with one of them. Our goals came from crosses too. Two vastly different ways of approaching how you get to putting the crosses in but that's how all the goals in the game came.

For all the talk of philosophy, football is about keeping them out at one end and scoring at the other. There are a million ways to do it but at the end of the day it's about being effective at both.

My Just Back will return next week as I will be at the Watford game. I did enjoy reading your thoughts. I always think that when we are thought of a little old Millwall and they are the high and mighty play off contenders and all they have to do is pull on their shirts, run out onto the pitch and we will just roll over and get beaten they really have no idea who we really are. Complacency was their biggest downfall yesterday.
Followed the whole game in the car on the BBC text plus my mate texting me from St Mary’s. Over the moon with the result. Watched the highlights and just could not believe that Russell Martin refused to shake hands with Shark. What a sore looser he is! A plonker of the highest order. Go home and throw a few more toys out of your pram.

Did you manage to keep quiet?
Yes and no. We behaved ourselves as much as possible first half til 3 of the 4 of us went downstairs at 1-1 for a piss. They obviously knew who we were when they equalised earlier but said and did nothing.

After splashing our boots just b4 halftime we queued up for hotdogs and beers. Jimmy stayed up in the stands. As we queued for refreshments we got the penalty and we obviously went mental when it went it. That angered some natives who came over and within 30 seconds they wished they hadn't. Fkg hotdogs and beers flying, they retreated then several stewards ran over and just thought it was all Southamptin fans. No-one told em we were Wall they all fkd off. We then bought our hot dogs had a beer or 2 and Jimmy just wondered why the fk we'd taken so long 🦁 🤣 😂

MIIIIIIIILLLLLL -

Arrived with 2 minutes before start of the game. Atmosphere was buzzing.

Formation, a Neil Harris 4-4-2.

First 10/15 minutes was sharp. Front foot football. Pressing was superb. Tanganaga started excellently in defence.

With some good moves, and runs being offered across the pitch moving forward, we managed to get an early corner. Up jumped Tanganga and made it 1-0 after 5ish Minutes.

Southampton only offered some football through Ryan Fraser on their left wing. Had the better of Leonard around his outside, he needed help. Help soon arrived with Tanganga realising Fraser would be the danger man... so he crocked him with a stonking challenge which ended in the best yellow card of the game... Fraser hobbled off injured soon after. Game on.

We sat back for 15/20 minutes without Southampton offering much. One of theirs put a half decent cross in and Che Adams got in front of Cooper and nodded it into the ground, beating Sarkic, who I personally feel could've done better. 1-1.

We didn't fold. We pushed forward some more late on in the first half. Obafemi had a ball up to him, took a fantastic touch in the box and went to turn, fouled and a penalty was awarded. Flemming slotted it home to go into the break 2-1 up.

Chants of Super Neil Harris was ringing out, it was a much better feeling going in at half time without booing ringing round the ground.
Whatever you did or didn’t see (pissed or sober) you were there mate & I’m very jealous. Thanks for the report :clap:

Whatever you did or didn’t see (pissed or sober) you were there mate & I’m very jealous. Thanks for the report :clap:
Thanks mate. Genuinely was sober at that point, Just didn't see the shot by Oba for whatever reason or the handball. Eyesight is pretty good normally, but if I do it again I'll be sure to take some notes and cross check it with the couple of fellas I go with as knowledge is always key. Happy to fill in for Silver anytime. One of the best away games I've been to for a while.

Goals are goals whatever judgements you put on them. We can moan about the unlucky for us and lucky for opponents goals we’ve conceded but it won’t change anything. Goals win games however they go in! I think our luck is turning with both the goals we scored yesterday 👍