Just (on the way) Back

Just back myself. Nothing to add about the team and management performance that hasn’t already been said but my God our support today was fucking off the scale. Nothing but pure noise and encouragement from first to last from the away end, we moan and argue but when we get it together no one can touch us inside or outside of the ground. Fucking unbeatable.
We always get the ‘hardcore’ support at away games and long may it continue! I think we could have taken 6k if tickets were available hence some in the home end. COYLS!!!!

Aparently according to their manager they lost because they conceded 2 crap goals. I am not sure how a penalty is a crap goal.

My view was that we worked harder and defended really well. It’s a fact that your players could not score enough goals to beat us. See you next season for your next lesson. Sort that entitlement attitude out and give credit were it is due.
The home commentators on Fawa said that they weren’t used to the Millwall type of football but we’re not denigrating it. In fact they said it was effective .

Goals are goals whatever judgements you put on them. We can moan about the unlucky for us and lucky for opponents goals we’ve conceded but it won’t change anything. Goals win games however they go in! I think our luck is turning with both the goals we scored yesterday 👍
I didn’t go yesterday and am delighted with the result; the fact we started with a flat back 4 and, by all accounts, Neil inspired all the team to put in 110%.

But having bemoaned our bad luck all season, felt it changed yesterday with a soft free-kick that lead to our first goal coupled with an appalling piece of keeping; the award of a penalty that looked marginal; Flemming’s penalty hitting the post, going in and not rebounding to safety😂

If Neil is nothing more than a lucky charm for the rest of the season, that’ll do me 👍

You certainly missed a 'Good'un'. Huge atmosphere of Energy/Relief/Excitement/ Tribal Loyalty/Noise. Best for a long time since.
I’ve got a ticket for Blackburn but don’t expect the same atmosphere even if we win although I wasn’t expecting Danny Shittu’s “that’s what we do” moment last time I went up there

I didn’t go yesterday and am delighted with the result; the fact we started with a flat back 4 and, by all accounts, Neil inspired all the team to put in 110%.

But having bemoaned our bad luck all season, felt it changed yesterday with a soft free-kick that lead to our first goal coupled with an appalling piece of keeping; the award of a penalty that looked marginal; Flemming’s penalty hitting the post, going in and not rebounding to safety😂

If Neil is nothing more than a lucky charm for the rest of the season, that’ll do me 👍
I posted elsewhere that fortunes were changing for the positive with Tango’s goal and getting a pen. However, imo it wasn’t marginal. Watch again and you’ll see he puts his hand up by the side of his head. I’m guessing it was instinctive as the shot was on target. Nonetheless, a definite pen and one that would have been awarded against us.

Does anyone else reckon Obafemi got hooked because he was bothering Zian about taking the penalty until Zian told him to fuck off?
Here you go Robbo as I said 😉

Here you go Robbo as I said 😉

He did run out of steam and this totally makes sense. But I didn't like him bothering Zian before such a crucial penalty.

As an aside, Flemming has emerged as a bit of a leader these last few weeks I think.

He did run out of steam and this totally makes sense. But I didn't like him bothering Zian before such a crucial penalty.

As an aside, Flemming has emerged as a bit of a leader these last few weeks I think.
I didn’t notice that - what did he do?

He gestured to Zian that he wanted to take the pen and kept asking him. Zian remained calm and told him to do one.
Flemming - 2 penalties this season; both to the keeper’s right, first one saved and Saturday’s went in off the post 🤦‍♂️

If we get another and Flemming steps forward I’m going to cross my fingers, legs and pray 🤞🙏

Members online