Just back

It's not so much the defeats but the manner of defeats. Yes players and team should be affordrd some to to adapt but there are to many things that don't look right. If it's because the players aren't happy then i think the writing is on the wall for Rowett which will be a shame but also fair and the correct thing to happen.

Agree!

Sounds like the crowd really turned today which is probaly born out of sheer frustration and not a good omen for Rowett. need a big change in attitude and performance from both the manager and players in the next game. Another defeat and i think the crowds reaction will seal Rowetts fate. Foootball has a habit of throwing up coincidences and ironic outcomes- Stoke his former club may well be another example of that.

Yep, the Stoke supporters would love to beat us if it also helped to get Rowett sacked after the game finished! They absolutely hate Rowett and they blame much of their recent demise on him - his extravagant spending on very average players (£12M for Afobe!), that put them in hock in the first place!

My own thought are that the players aren't happy and are playing without heart and desire. That is not on cause they should at bare minimum playing for the badge and personal and professional pride. Need to go back to basics and see if they perform.

This. 100%

Roewtt is responsible for much of our current plight but what he can't be held accountable for is players not be focussed enough or capable of string a few short passes to feet together.

But he should be seeing on the pitch that players are making poor passing mistakes, and that he needs to be working with them on the training field! No?

Some of the players also need to stand up and play as though they care. If they ain't happy tell the manager, don't fucking melt and sulk.

Maybe some players have had a word but Rowett isn’t listening! We know he can be a stubborn old Goat when he wants to be, and only seems to change things when his back is up against the wall and he has no other option left open to him!

The next game is huge. Lets get behind them and show a bit of patience. If we give our all and the team and manager don't then it's time for the board to step in, ask questions and make a decision.

COYL.

The support will be there, as it was today, but it will change if we give another poor performance against Stoke at home next week! Rowett will have no hiding place at The Den!

There is mutterings that the team isn't happy with the tactics. Not sure if that is fair or right that they should be questioning things otherwise a manager losses his authority.

But players are bought to play in certain positions because that’s where they play best! You wouldn’t stick Flemming at CH, you play him as a No. 10 because that’s his favoured position and where he scored 15 goals last season! You don’t then change that for this season, and play him up front, wide right, and then wonder why things aren’t clicking for him! It just seems so strange that
Rowett can’t see this, and won’t do what’s needed to put things right!

They should give it a go rather than sulk and if after a certain amount of games it doesn't change then go to the manager. We've gone from winning at Boro to losing to Reading and Bristiol in the space of two weeks. That's not long enough for a reason for the players to revolt.

Trouble is, it hasn’t just been problems against Reading, City and Norwich, has it? These types of poor performances have been going on since the end of last season - in particular the last 10 games which eventually cost us a play off position! Shouldn’t 13 games (last season and this), be enough to get the players concerned about how their own performance should be in a different system, and what’s being done to rectify it so the players can feel and play better in themselves?

This is very similar to the start of last season for exactly the same reasons. After about 10 games he changed to 4231 with Fleming central and much closer to Bradshaw and they banged in over 30 goals. He needs to change it now pronto. We need to pick the form players, Esse and Emakhu have to start against Stoke as does Bradshaw. Lets attack and tighten up if we are a couple of goals up rather than the other way round.

Reading all the comments about the dressing room don t people think that the senior players should be saying to GR "" look this ain't working" " we need to change" or are they bring ignored by the coaching staff, our 5 coaches are all ex defenders surely thats not good,the game Saturday for everyone involved at the club is hugh, if he comes out with the same team & tactics then I fear for us & him

Yep, the Stoke supporters would love to beat us if it also helped to get Rowett sacked after the game finished! They absolutely hate Rowett and they blame much of their recent demise on him - his extravagant spending on very average players (£12M for Afobe!), that put them in hock in the first place!
I think you'll find they'll hate anyone that doesn't get them promoted immediately. Typical fickle fans that think their righteous place is the premier. A team that played a type of freakball that relied on 30 yard bullet throw ins and confusion to win games. Fuck them. His football wasn't as shit as there's last season and came at least a quarter of the price.

People hated Harris. A club legend that got us to this division and finished eighth. Now they hate Rowett, a manager that has got us to eighth. Most football fans in this day and age are deluded and pretty sad.

It wasn't Rowetts signings that put them in hock it was there outrageously high wage bill and no parachute payment money left to spunk cause it all went on paying up contracts signed long before Rowett joined. You have stuck the boot into Rowett a few times of late and you've been wrong in what you've asserted.

They had £200 million parachute payments. Rowett spent £46 million and recouped £25 million of that on players sold without his say so. Where did the other £170 million go in hock?

Whatever way you look at it, there were some shocking performances yesterday, I dont seriously believe Rowett says to Cooper every time you get the ball hoof it down to one of their centre halves so they get possession back. Nisbett ether wasnt fit or couldnt be bothered as Bradshaw caused their backs more problems in ten mins than Rab did in 80, Dannys final ball is no better than Romeos who got slaughtered by our fans for having no final pass and Billy doesnt seem to be improving. To be fair nobody can really say they had a decent game now for the last three games which is a worry.
The real issue is as it has been for years, our passing isnt good, our decision making is poor to say the least and we rarely change things so the opposition know what they are going to be up against and if you move the ball quickly against us we wont be in the game. Letting the other team have the ball for most of the game is tiring and we never seem to have the legs in the team to chase all game. GRs tactics have been effective and got us in good positions but always been painful to watch, but this year the league is probably better than its been for many years and I do fear for us trying to play the way we do. Its going to be a tough season but I thought that before we kicked a ball.

There is mutterings that the team isn't happy with the tactics. Not sure if that is fair or right that they should be questioning things otherwise a manager losses his authority. They should give it a go rather than sulk and if after a certain amount of games it doesn't change then go to the manager. We've gone from winning at Boro to losing to Reading and Bristiol in the space of two weeks. That's not long enough for a reason for the players to revolt.
What tactics..

I think you'll find they'll hate anyone that doesn't get them promoted immediately. Typical fickle fans that think their righteous place is the premier. A team that played a type of freakball that relied on 30 yard bullet throw ins and confusion to win games. Fuck them. His football wasn't as shit as there's last season and came at least a quarter of the price.

People hated Harris. A club legend that got us to this division and finished eighth. Now they hate Rowett, a manager that has got us to eighth. Most football fans in this day and age are deluded and pretty sad.

It wasn't Rowetts signings that put them in hock it was there outrageously high wage bill and no parachute payment money left to spunk cause it all went on paying up contracts signed long before Rowett joined. You have stuck the boot into Rowett a few times of late and you've been wrong in what you've asserted.

They had £200 million parachute payments. Rowett spent £46 million and recouped £25 million of that on players sold without his say so. Where did the other £170 million go in hock?
Fickle fans? Instant success? I was at Luton when the “yute” turned on Harris. I didn’t like it then & I don’t like it now. I’ve no idea if GR is a good manager or not but he’s our manager & we are only three games in

Evans is nowhere near as bad as has been made out, I can’t understand why he gets the stick he does. Definitely has something to offer in my opinion.
I initially thought he was shite as he was not quick enough in midfield, now I realise like other players he’s not being played in his natural position. I’ve said it recently, he’s actually better suited as a ball playing centre back like Scott Fitzgerald was.

Back to basics for me. Bradshaw must be miffed that he’s been dropped off the back of 17 goals last term. 4-4-2, flat back 4 with Esse and Emakhu given a license to drift inside and out. Flemming needs to be dropped as I think he is hindering us currently. We set up to fit him in even to our detriment.

Sarkic
Bryan Coop Hutch DMac
Emakhu Mitchell De Norre Esse
Nisbet Bradshaw.

I think supporters hated Harris’ last season more than anything else! I’d certainly like to believe they didn’t hate the man himself! I didn’t, but his last season was poor and I think he knew he wouldn’t be able to take us any further, and did what he believed was the decent, honourable thing by resigning!

It wasn't Rowetts signings that put them in hock it was there outrageously high wage bill and no parachute payment money left to spunk cause it all went on paying up contracts signed long before Rowett joined.

He did spend a lot out on transfer fees (£12M for Afobe for instance, who the supporters never really rated), and you’re right, the high wage bill didn’t help them at all!

You have stuck the boot into Rowett a few times of late and you've been wrong in what you've asserted.

What have I said, and what was I wrong about? I genuinely don’t know what particular things you’re alluding to!

I don’t know where the other money went, but managers are assessed on their last win, draw or loss, or in this case, how much money they spent and whether the club got a return on that investment? On the latter, the Stoke supporters will say no, because the players Rowett brought in didn’t improve the team performance overall, and they are still angry at him for bringing in bang average players on high wages, which has had a knock on affect finance wise for their club!

I don't mind GR as an individual, but this 'must not lose and play ultra conservative negative football' is counter productive when you lose, why not go out and give it a go and show some heart and willingness!.
I personally don't see the supports as much fickle, just frustrated and exasperated when they spend their hard earned and so little in return.
Having a manager and a coach who was also a defender cantt be doing any good for the attacking/forward thinking players.

Last season we got lucky, whenever we lost or drew the teams above and around us did the same meaning our position was false towards the end of the season.

Who do the midfielders pass to when we gain possession ? most of their team mates are behind them due to being too defensive and with no pace or movement in the team the only option is sideways or backwards, look at our throw ins again no movement so the only option is to throw it forward in the air hoping that one of ours get their head on it and we eventually lose it, corners are always the same, its football by numbers and easy play against.

Something has to change and i wonder if James will be as tolerant as his Father was when things go wrong.

Have to say the way some of our fans turned on Rhino and Macca made me sick. Same with Neil Harris. I know it affected Rhino really badly and hurt him deeply.

Rowett is nowhere near Rhino or Harris in terms of legendary Millwall status but it doesn't sit right with me seeing a Millwall manager being treated like this. If we'd been fighting relegation for the last three seasons I could sort of understand it, but even then it wouldn't be justified.

There seems to be a complete lack of patience and respect in all walks of life these days.

Maybe the players will react to how Rowett was treated and it will galvanise them. Even if they have some issues with him themselves, I can't see them being happy about his treatment.

Members online