Just back

Phlion54

And wished I didn't bother, we offered nothing nowhere all over the pitch , Norwich were quicker had more desire and looked a threat every time they attacked our back 4, too many players did not turn up and those who did were not good enough, Wallace looked tied and slow,Flemming I think was playing ?, Danny gave the ball away far too often and our passing was poor to be kind ,midfield overrun and we again resulted too high hapless hoofs to the midget forwards who did not win an airea l battle all game ..at Boro we played on the floor why has the manger changed it to this shite and yes he took some richly deserved stick but to clap the fans about it was a poor decision by him.....better squad but some of the worst football in season ,time for him to re-evaluate his game plan before it's too late but I think many today think it already is

Last edited:
Did I hear right that when some of our lot were singing about the standard of Grs football, the yokels started singing too?

Thanks P54 for your thoughts on the game. They were echoed by many who were there including fat Dan and TT on his drive home youtube channel. Not sure whether GR can take too much of that direct and abusive feedback and I wouldn’t be surprised if he quit this week!

It's not so much the defeats but the manner of defeats. Yes players and team should be affordrd some to to adapt but there are to many things that don't look right. If it's because the players aren't happy then i think the writing is on the wall for Rowett which will be a shame but also fair and the correct thing to happen.

Sounds like the crowd really turned today which is probaly born out of sheer frustration and not a good omen for Rowett. need a big change in attitude and performance from both the manager and players in the next game. Another defeat and i think the crowds reaction will seal Rowetts fate. Foootball has a habit of throwing up coincidences and ironic outcomes- Stoke his former club may well be another example of that.

My own thought are that the players aren't happy and are playing without heart and desire. That is not on cause they should at bare minimum playing for the badge and personal and professional pride. Need to go back to basics and see if they perform. Roewtt is responsible for much of our current plight but what he can't be held accountable for is players not be focussed enough or capable of string a few short passes to feet together.

Some of the players also need to stand up and play as though they care. If they ain't happy tell the manager, don't fucking melt and sulk. They'll happily pick up thier wages so they should be at least going out there to merit and earn it.

The next game is huge. Lets get behind them and show a bit of patience. If we give our all and the team and manager don't then it's time for the board to step in, ask questions and make a decision.

COYL.

Monkey mentioned to me on Facebook that it looks like there’s a problem in the dressing room. He could have a point.
There is mutterings that the team isn't happy with the tactics. Not sure if that is fair or right that they should be questioning things otherwise a manager losses his authority. They should give it a go rather than sulk and if after a certain amount of games it doesn't change then go to the manager. We've gone from winning at Boro to losing to Reading and Bristiol in the space of two weeks. That's not long enough for a reason for the players to revolt.

Would be a shame if there is unrest in the changing room because over the last few years they have seem to be be so together

You start to wonder if Long leaving to sit on a bench in Norfolk (he said he wanted first team football - well he won't get a regular game up there and he knows it) is a result of more sinister goings on in the camp. The thing is; erratic form and indifferent results were going on long before new players arrived, in fact, at least the last dozen results at the end of last season (after Cresswell got injured), otherwise we would have made it into the play-off easily. But the spirit, effort, togetherness and desire still seemed to be there, that all seems missing at the moment

Who knows, most of it might be just gossip and we really are in a bad run, but if nothing changes next week result and/or performance wise, it might be Millwall's turn to be walking up shit Strasse for a while.

Might just be me but I hate the fact that our fans were singing that silly northern song about Rowett and then the Norwich fans joining in, just mugging us off and taking the piss. We used to have something different that set us apart but nowadays it seems even divvy outfits like Norwich laugh at us.
Agree. Rumours flying that there were personal insults aimed at him too. NTMIK. Totally counter productive, and it seemed strange to think that enemy supporters would be joining in. Cheeky cunts deserved a clump for that.

Fair play to all those travelling Lions that had to get up at stupid o'clock to make the journey. I feel for you this evening. You deserved better. As i said, it's the manner of the defeat that isn't on and cause for concern.
Me and the boy had a 4 hour round trip, ran to get the train and then ran to get into the ground to watch that shit. Shambolic doesn’t do it justice. We don’t know how to play this formation. We’re trying, but we just don’t have a scooby. Watch the amount of times we just look lost. Players are a disgrace as much as Rowett. It’s toxic. No one wants to play this ridiculously negative football and it’s now become obvious for all fans to see, which will end up in it changing, or as I fear, the end of Rowett.

Never liked his football but always liked him as a fella. Hope he turns it around, but can’t see it.

Agree. Rumours flying that there were personal insults aimed at him too. NTMIK. Totally counter productive, and it seemed strange to think that enemy supporters would be joining in. Cheeky cunts deserved a clump for that.
It was ironic banter and quite funny. The only thing that put a smile on many wall faces.