Just Back v The Swans

I’d say playing players out of position like today, Fleming as left wing, Esse seemed to play 3 positions in one half and Emakhu as a wingback a couple of games back. Centre halves who are excellent in a back 4 forced to play in a 3 with huge gaps between them that get exploited easily. We have the players in a 442 but he persists with a formation that does not suit the players we have. We cannot counter as we have no wide midfielders and have to wait for wingbacks to get up the pitch and if the wingbacks get caught upfield attacking then the gaps behind them are huge. We have the players, just go 442 without Fleming or 4411 with Fleming.
4 at the back and stay that way!!!
Danny Mac and Joe Bryan in as full backs to defend.
Cooper, Harding, Hutch, Wallace choice as left/right CB.
Longman, Cuffy, Emakhu mixing up as wingers.
DeNorre every game possible with either Saville, Mitchell or Leonard.
Bradshaw starts every game possible with either Nisbet along side or Honeyman or Flemming as 10 depending.
Simple game. Players in their correct positions playing attacking football.
When did the game get so complicated?

When we play possession based teams like Swansea, we need our best disrupters and interceptors on the pitch if you like spoiler’s who can put in tackles, and buckets of energy,Danny, Billy and Saville are still our best squad players to do that. Flemming needs to partner with either Niset or Bradshaw up front. Going a goal behind and trying to play catch up against teams like Swansea is suicidal.
GR at least did try to change something at halftime at long last.
Just my opinion
Yesterday we had 50% possession, so although Swansea ponced around with the ball most of it was in their own half and was unlikely to cause any problems.

Despite them dominating the early possession, the first time they entered our box was to take the penalty 🤷‍♂️

All 3 of their goals came from our mistakes, similarly Leeds’ 3.

We need to cut out the errors and have the ball, for once, run for us.

On the positive side, I think Casper and Bryan are good acquisitions and there’s potential for Tom and Rab to develop an effective partnership. Lennard is playing out of his skin and, when everyone is fit, I’d like to see a central midfield of him and Casper.

However, GR has got to bite the bullet to drop Flemming, be brave enough to play Esse (who looked the only one yesterday with the guile to open up a defence) behind a front 2 and revert to a back 4.

The next few games are crucial! Will things go well and us push on for a playoff spot or poorly with us being dragged into a relegation battle and search for a new manager? :hmmm:

Haven’t watched it back but the second goal was a clear blunder by Bart albeit from a shot that wasn’t closed down. I’m afraid it was Esse that lost control of the ball in the middle that started the move for their third,
your right but how can we end up with their players at the far post with a free unchallenged header...terrible all round, as I said earlier need a big shake up in the team ,formation,tactics for Tuesday nights game ,for me it's hearing the last gasp saloon for GR & Co

Ilderton how could Swansea keep the ball for the first 10 mins, roughly without us touching it. We can’t keep hold of it for 30 seconds, if we do it’s by the skin of our teeth. It’s how they pass and move, move into space, protect the ball , control It. Something that is easier done with time and space. Something we hardly ever have. As for shooting.
We pass (poorly), and we don't move at all!

No need to press the panic button.
We were right in the game in the second half even after Bart’s howler. Very unlucky (on two or three occasions) not to pull one back but obviously Esse giving the ball away for the third put the game out of reach.
Basically, we played some half decent football for twenty minutes in the second half and on another occasion we would have got a point.
I think your right , that wasnt a 3-0 game , that said 22 shots with nothing to show is dissapointing , we have a better squad than last season , but it looks as though rowett is struggling to find the best line up , not being helped by injuries , i also think murray whos been really good for us is starting t o struggle , the champiinship also looks a lot harder and unforgiving this year,

Cheers Silver,to say our performsnce was.poor is wrong. It was absolutely diabolical. With his negativity Rowlett is ruining a decent squad.

He has also now started to blame the players
For showing no fight when they go one down. Reminds me of "The BRISTOL CLOWN" . He said similar things gs.

Pathetic.

Finally they can't be.'Wall if they start walking out after 70'...

Cheers Silver,to say our performsnce was.poor is wrong. It was absolutely diabolical. With his negativity Rowlett is ruining a decent squad.

For showing no fight when they go one down. Reminds me of "The BRISTOL CLOWN" . He said similar things gs.

Pathetic.

I'm 60 been going since my old man first took me aged 4.
I walked out because it hurts and sickens me to see what GR has done to this club with his completely shit tactics.
Fucking clueless along with non league Barrett who makes Livermore look like Guardiola as a 1st team coach.

4 at the back and stay that way!!!
Danny Mac and Joe Bryan in as full backs to defend.
Cooper, Harding, Hutch, Wallace choice as left/right CB.
Longman, Cuffy, Emakhu mixing up as wingers.
DeNorre every game possible with either Saville, Mitchell or Leonard.
Bradshaw starts every game possible with either Nisbet along side or Honeyman or Flemming as 10 depending.
Simple game. Players in their correct positions playing attacking football.
When did the game get so complicated?
Yesterday we had 50% possession, so although Swansea ponced around with the ball most of it was in their own half and was unlikely to cause any problems.

Despite them dominating the early possession, the first time they entered our box was to take the penalty 🤷‍♂️

All 3 of their goals came from our mistakes, similarly Leeds’ 3.

We need to cut out the errors and have the ball, for once, run for us.

On the positive side, I think Casper and Bryan are good acquisitions and there’s potential for Tom and Rab to develop an effective partnership. Lennard is playing out of his skin and, when everyone is fit, I’d like to see a central midfield of him and Casper.

However, GR has got to bite the bullet to drop Flemming, be brave enough to play Esse (who looked the only one yesterday with the guile to open up a defence) behind a front 2 and revert to a back 4.

The next few games are crucial! Will things go well and us push on for a playoff spot or poorly with us being dragged into a relegation battle and search for a new manager? :hmmm:
Agree with a lot of what you have said and Lenny has always been one of my favourite wall players even when he was slagged off by others. I honestly think he can play anywhere on the pitch and give a good account of his self.Cuffy looks good on the eye but is not effective. Danny’s not perfect but he tracks and tackles and fights for every ball.
Flemming hasn’t become a bad player but playing him behind the the 2 strikers doesn’t work, so play as last season with with Bradshaw or Nesbit or sell him in January. Esse is the future that is one very intelligent footballer he can read the game and make the right moves and should be playing from the start in most games.

Pathetic.

It's never been more evident that we need an attacking coach. I've said before on here the one I would like to see us get fir that role is Kevin Philips. As far as I'm aware he's out of a job at the moment after leaving South Shields in April.

Can’t remember ever walking out early (for me it’s like a boxer quitting on his stool) We’ve comeback from 3-0 down before, Reading away 83 springs to mind when we were down to ten men, imagine leaving early and missing that!
Plus we had weeds taking the piss last week with “is this a fire drill”
But I did here the takings in the Windsor were up 😏

Couldn’t tell if it was Flemming or Watmore for both. If I’m being really picky, Leonard could have hurried back a bit quicker to stop the free header for the third but we were in possession & had pushed up (actually Wallace should have cleared the header as their bloke peeled off him)
Just seen the highlights on Swansea’s YouTube, Fleming just completely gave up tracking the number 8 who went on to score the second, just effing lazy. The third goal I thought was Fleming but I was being a bit harsh and there were others at fault including as you mention Wallace/Leonard. We can live with players making mistakes but not putting a shift in is entirely different. No way should Fleming be in the side as a midfielder, we cannot have passengers.

It's never been more evident that we need an attacking coach. I've said before on here the one I would like to see us get fir that role is Kevin Philips. As far as I'm aware he's out of a job at the moment after leaving South Shields in
The question is Why is no one bothered with him but south shields,similar to Livermore at Histon a couple of years back non league football coach ,miles away from what we need!