Just Back v The Swans

silverlion

Staff member
A really poor performance and a very disappointing result.

They were fast out of the blocks and it was a good seven minutes before we got into our stride. There were a couple of decent moments by Longman at LWB and Casper looked busy. But there were many who were just not at the races. Our best chance came from a through ball in the inside left position and Watmore chased after it. It looked as if he had let it run too far but he hit it with the outside of his right foot towards the near post and it hit the keeper and went wide. They dominated possession and it was no surprise that they took the lead, albeit in a fortunate turn of events. The ball was knocked into our box and their attacker just got the wrong side of Cooper who tugged at his shirt. Initially the ref played on but the lino obviously spotted the offence and the ref call the play back and gave them a penalty. Lowe smashed it him and Bart had no chance and it was 1-0 to them. We struggled to get back into it and as hard as we tried the worse it got. When all else failed the ref came to their rescue with copious free kicks when a breath of fresh air blew them over. It got so ridiculous that when he eventually gave us a free kick the crowd cheered. Surely after half time things must change and get better.

GR made two subs taking off Longman and BNC and bringing on Esse and Joe. Esse played wide left and Joe played left back. For about five minutes we had more energy and urgency. Rab missed a couple of half decent chances but then they came back into it. A run through the middle from Grimes opened up a space for a shot and his speculative effort squirmed under Bart’s body for 2-0..We huffed and puffed and Emakhu came on to replace a tiring Campbell. Esse moved into the middle with Watmore coming right and Emakhu playing left. A poor touch in the middle from Esse put their midfielder in who worked the ball to the right. The cross came in and an unmarked attacker nodded it in for 3-0. GR replaced Murray for Danny and Sav came on for Flem. It made little difference and when the board went up with eight minutes of added time there were collective groans around the stadium and the inevitable shouts about the quality of GR’s football it was poor.
Bart could do little about the first and third goal but the second seemed to squirm under his body. BNC was anonymous and Longman had a couple of moments early on but then faded. Cooper had a blip for their penalty, Leonard was OK and Murray similar. Casper looked busy and tried hard but Campbell was poor. Flem was similar but Watmore had some moments which showed some skills. Rab got the award for the poorest show of the afternoon and I could see no good reason for keeping him on the pitch. Nothing stuck, his runs and headers were poor and what chances he had were way off target.
All in all it was a miserable and frustrating afternoon and a really disappointing result There was a collective lack of urgency in all areas on the park. GR should hang his head in shame. The only Ray of light was I spoke to Bradshaw in the car park and he said he would be back next week.

Cheers for the report Silver.Its now got to the stage that the manager seems to have tried umpteen formations and ever player in the squad and nothing seems to work.Cuffy and Campbell dont seem an upgrade on Danny or Saville.Our much heralded defence of recent seasons looks like they have served their time and this season after today only Sheffield Wednesday a club whose chairman says he wont put any more into that club have scored fewer goals than us. Where we go from here who knows

Thank you Silver. Really appreciate your report.
With nothing clinical in the opponent's box, and us giving the ball away too easily, we can't expect anything else, unfortunately.
Saw some really good movement off the ball in the first half, and creativity from Watmore and Longman, before GR switched tactics. I thought that we'd eventually score with that pairing, but it wasn't to be.

Bart did have a chance, stand still. Couldn’t watch it all Rome was beckoning. Not sure I’ll watch anymore under Rowett. Well and truly sussed and ruining players.

In what way do you think he is ruining players? Genuine question by the way because what I’m seeing is individual mistakes from some pretty senior players costing us dearly.

Flemming, Norton Cuffy and Nesbit for starters are a shadow of what they have been. Let the players play in their preferred positions and let them express their talents skills and techniques. It seems apparent our players do not fit in with his style of play. Our style in my opinion is based on percentages and luck. Which will get you so far. First ten today I’m not sure we touched the ball. You might know I don’t go but watch live. Some people spend loads of cash to be bored and watch very poor football. Just my opinion.

In what way do you think he is ruining players? Genuine question by the way because what I’m seeing is individual mistakes from some pretty senior players costing us dearly.
I’d say playing players out of position like today, Fleming as left wing, Esse seemed to play 3 positions in one half and Emakhu as a wingback a couple of games back. Centre halves who are excellent in a back 4 forced to play in a 3 with huge gaps between them that get exploited easily. We have the players in a 442 but he persists with a formation that does not suit the players we have. We cannot counter as we have no wide midfielders and have to wait for wingbacks to get up the pitch and if the wingbacks get caught upfield attacking then the gaps behind them are huge. We have the players, just go 442 without Fleming or 4411 with Fleming.

Nisbet anonymous, thought Leonard and deNorre were only two who put effort in. Shameful display. Young Irish kid looked keen when he came on. Would start him up front next game. Cant be worse than Nisbet.

I’d say playing players out of position like today, Fleming as left wing, Esse seemed to play 3 positions in one half and Emakhu as a wingback a couple of games back. Centre halves who are excellent in a back 4 forced to play in a 3 with huge gaps between them that get exploited easily. We have the players in a 442 but he persists with a formation that does not suit the players we have. We cannot counter as we have no wide midfielders and have to wait for wingbacks to get up the pitch and if the wingbacks get caught upfield attacking then the gaps behind them are huge. We have the players, just go 442 without Fleming or 4411 with Fleming.

That’s all fair enough but no matter what formation we’re playing it’s not going to change Flemming sauntering around scratching his bollocks then hitting pathetically weak shots when a chance does come his way, Cooper giving away a stonewall stupid penalty, Wallace, Leonard and Cooper (again) failing to make the most basic of 20 yard passes instead sending the ball sailing out of play, Bart making a ricket like he did for their second goal etc etc.

No doubt Rowett deserves a lot of the stick being thrown in his direction but at the same time some of these players are getting away with murder. They need to be better instead of hiding behind the flak that the manager will inevitably get whenever they decide to play like cunts.

Flemming, Norton Cuffy and Nesbit for starters are a shadow of what they have been. Let the players play in their preferred positions and let them express their talents skills and techniques. It seems apparent our players do not fit in with his style of play. Our style in my opinion is based on percentages and luck. Which will get you so far. First ten today I’m not sure we touched the ball. You might know I don’t go but watch live. Some people spend loads of cash to be bored and watch very poor football. Just my opinion.
We strung 4 passes together in the first 7 minutes (I know because I counted)🤦‍♂️

Not good enough no excitement no surprise

three defeats at home 1-0 3-0 and 3-0 is a fucking disgrace and that’s not including the 4-0 thumping in the cup

something is seriously wrong I always try and be positive but that was a fucking shambles and to be honest I am getting sick of it
Doubt your the only one