Just Back v Stoke

Evans had a broken hand sustained at Sheffield and was subbed due to a calf problem - sadly then not a tactical move to bring Smith on.

BY the way I thought their goal was in the bottom corner, not the top.
Got to give GR credit for the sub, as he was about to put on Dutch and changed his mind for Smith

I am no fan of GR and if its obvious to just about everyone else that 5 at the back at home don't work, why is it not to him, I know he is stubborn, but is he stupid enough to risk his job for it?

Thanks for the Just back

I thought Malone and Evans were both poor today.

Billy made a mistake here and there, but played better as the game went on

The Ipswich bloke on youtube once said that if Bart thinks he is not going to save it, he won't even bother to try and dive for it, he was spot on, as I think Bart could have tried to save it

Cooper was average, but Hutch got my MOM

Leonard played very well in midfield

Ballard done ok, but has not got the pace to be a left back

Jed played like Jed, ran his socks off and tried everything he could

Ojo looks a little lost at times, played well in the attacking half of the pitch not so good at tracking back, the one time he had the ball and got passed 2 players in our half with a spin on the ball was great, but had he lost it and they scored, people would be calling for him to be sent back

Bradshaw done really well to win a few headers in the first half, 2 goals and an assist with a great through ball to Smith, had he had the legs to run a few extra steps

Smith, if he only had the legs, he would be worth 10m, I have never seen him move so slow in a game, maybe he has a knock? done well to keep their defense occupied and made space for Bradshaw to score the first goal.

Danny done well when he came on, carried the ball up the line a few times

GR - Poor formation to start with, I think we are all sick of it, done well with his subs and the chance to 4-4-2 but reverted to 5 at the back at the end again.

Have just watched the highlights on iFlop and they underline what a good second half we had. Both of Bradshaw’s finishes were very good and he thoroughly deserved his plaudits after the game. There were three moments that I’d missed in my Just Back. Bart was rooted to the spot for their goal. It was mid height to his left and he could have made an effort to stop it. Their CF went between Mitchell and our defender, Billy sticks a leg out and he goes tumbling. I have seen them given but the ref just waved away their pleas for a penalty.
Near the end their is a tussle for the ball between Molly and their attacker and the ball flies up and strikes Molly on the hand. I don’t think he moves his hand towards the ball and again, the ref waves away their pleas for a penalty. I have seen them given and I am sure that if VAR had looked at it the outcome would have been a spot kick.
Never mind. It was a great win!

Got to give GR credit for the sub, as he was about to put on Dutch and changed his mind for Smith

I am no fan of GR and if its obvious to just about everyone else that 5 at the back at home don't work, why is it not to him, I know he is stubborn, but is he stupid enough to risk his job for it?
Yes you’re right mate and I forgot Dutch was warming up. 👍

Have just watched the highlights on iFlop and they underline what a good second half we had. Both of Bradshaw’s finishes were very good and he thoroughly deserved his plaudits after the game. There were three moments that I’d missed in my Just Back. Bart was rooted to the spot for their goal. It was mid height to his left and he could have made an effort to stop it. Their CF went between Mitchell and our defender, Billy sticks a leg out and he goes tumbling. I have seen them given but the ref just waved away their pleas for a penalty.
Near the end their is a tussle for the ball between Molly and their attacker and the ball flies up and strikes Molly on the hand. I don’t think he moves his hand towards the ball and again, the ref waves away their pleas for a penalty. I have seen them given and I am sure that if VAR had looked at it the outcome would have been a spot kick.
Never mind. It was a great win!
I was right behind the goal and I think Bart was unsighted

Evans was off the pace but the way Molly bought that ball down to set up the goal was top of the range.
Yes it was good play by him, maybe poor was the wrong word to use for his performance, perhaps tough game for him was better as their attacker had the better of him for most of the game.