Just back v Sky Blues on NowTV

It’s like Groundhog Day every match, good start then we hit a flat spot, this time it lasted an hour.
On another note we need to talk about Sarkic:
He completely missed two corners he came for when he wasn’t even challenged. The first one went straight over his head, Cooper headed it away and the second one went between him and the goal and Harding (I think) nodded it away. How can you misjudge the fight of the ball that much? He doesn’t give the defenders any confidence.
Million quid my arse, I’d rather have Bart back in goal

Bart should play for the rest of the season, Sarkic is no better than Long in my opinion!!
Goalkeepers seem to have become Legitimate(?) Targets these days. Blocking, pushing etc. to prevent their access to high ball cross's. Most Prem keepers seem to opt for punching, rather than catching, or leaving it to the defence. Sarkic yesterday did the opposite. And it showed. Otherwise I didn't think he had a bad game. He was left very exposed for their second, from their unmarked top scorer.

Bart should play for the rest of the season, Sarkic is no better than Long in my opinion!!
Goalkeepers seem to have become Legitimate(?) Targets these days. Blocking, pushing etc. to prevent their access to high ball cross's. Most Prem keepers seem to opt for punching, rather than catching, or leaving it to the defence. Sarkic yesterday did the opposite. And it showed. Otherwise I didn't think he had a bad game. He was left very exposed for their second, from their unmarked top scorer.

The manger doesn’t have a clue how to stop the rot. We wouldn’t have lost that game under Rowett after going one nil up. As much as it was a hard watch he was a far better manager than what we have now
But we lost the last game of last season after being 3-1 at half-time 🤷‍♂️

JE is asking the players to perform a high-press and requires them to be quick and fit. Unfortunately, at present, they can’t maintain it for longer than 25/30 minutes 😞

You clearly feel strongly about this😉

Imo keepers were over-protected for many years. Slightest touch on them and a foul was given. Coventry players didn't jump into Sarkic at the corners, just made it difficult for him to come through a group of players. Fair enough imo.

As you say, Sarkic was left exposed for their second goal but imo he should done much better with the shot. Unfortunately, he's costing us a goal every 2 or 3 games at the moment.

As you say, Sarkic was left exposed for their second goal but imo he should done much better with the shot. Unfortunately, he's costing us a goal every 2 or 3 games at the moment.
He is, but our defence isn’t helping him when they leave large gaps as they did on Sunday, to allow players like Grant the space to fire off a shot and take the lead against us.

It would also help if one or more of our forwards could wade in with a couple of goals every now and then. You don’t mind your goal keeper letting in the odd goal if your forwards score one goal more to win the game. Would any of us really care If we got wins of 2-1, 3-2, 4-3 most games? Granted, those sort of score lines wouldn’t look great on the goals against tally, but we wouldn’t be near or in the relegation spots and more than likely either be in the top two or at least claiming a guaranteed spot in the play offs.

But we lost the last game of last season after being 3-1 at half-time 🤷‍♂️

JE is asking the players to perform a high-press and requires them to be quick and fit. Unfortunately, at present, they can’t maintain it for longer than 25/30 minutes 😞

If he knows they are not quick and fit then why is he persisting with it? If they can't play the way he wants them to, which obviously they can;t then he has to get them to play a way that will get results. That was what I meant about GR being a much better manager. Of course we lost games when we were ahead when he was in charge as well and I didn't enjoy the football most of the time he's history now anyway so its all irrelevant. . My worry is JE has had a bit of time now to see what he has got players wise and he doesn't seem to be learning that if we keep trying to do what we cannot do then unless he changes the tactics theres only one way its all heading.
And thats not me suggesting he has to go, I want it to work for him, its just about learning on the job.

If he knows they are not quick and fit then why is he persisting with it? If they can't play the way he wants them to, which obviously they can;t then he has to get them to play a way that will get results. That was what I meant about GR being a much better manager. Of course we lost games when we were ahead when he was in charge as well and I didn't enjoy the football most of the time he's history now anyway so its all irrelevant. . My worry is JE has had a bit of time now to see what he has got players wise and he doesn't seem to be learning that if we keep trying to do what we cannot do then unless he changes the tactics theres only one way its all heading.
And thats not me suggesting he has to go, I want it to work for him, its just about learning on the job.
My impression is that under JE we perform the high-press early in the game and create many more chances than we did under GR and when the players, inevitably, run out of stream the team resorts to the GR method of defending deep.

In theory we should be getting the best of both Worlds :hmmm: