Just Back v Boro

Yes. Harding very average, need a new centre half there
You might get your wish
Courtesy of TVLions:
“Millwall and Blackburn are both ready to go to the next level and make "big cash bids" for Charlie Cresswell”
(Source Alan Nixon - Patreon)

You might get your wish
Courtesy of TVLions:
“Millwall and Blackburn are both ready to go to the next level and make "big cash bids" for Charlie Cresswell”
(Source Alan Nixon - Patreon)
How can we make a big cash bid for Cresswell (which will probably be at least £4M) when we’re apparently already close to our maximum FFP amount?

It would necessitate selling Flemming this month, but with his stock lower than it was last season, will we get enough for him to cover Leeds asking price?

How can we make a big cash bid for Cresswell (which will probably be at least £4M) when we’re apparently already close to our maximum FFP amount?

It would necessitate selling Flemming this month, but with his stock lower than it was last season, will we get enough for him to cover Leeds asking price?
You’re almost certainly right but don’t shoot me I’m only the messenger :guns:

Bryan is a liability defensively. I would play him wide left with Murray behind. Left back a priority the summer.
A liability but a goalscorer, balance needs to be found. We could score more if all 10 went on attack. But concede more, whereas we defend with 11 and not concede, but don’t score. Let’s be patient, Rome.

Watch the highlights again and watch Billy leave the runner (again :censor: ) who gets to the byline and lays it back!
Couldn’t see it Purley. Only Bryan not covering Coops who’d got dragged out to where Bryan should have been.
Can you provide timing?

Who says that we are in danger of breaking P&S (C'ship FFP) rules? I can't find anything suggesting that we are.

Who says that we are in danger of breaking P&S (C'ship FFP) rules? I can't find anything suggesting that we are.
It might be to do with being close to losing 13m in the last accounts, possibly 12m the year before and you can see we have increased spending this year.
I think Covid losses are excluded from the 39m you are allowed to lose and accountants would find ways of shifting losses around but we don't seem to have a huge amount to play with especially with the prospect of '70/80% of income can be spent on wages' being a possibility in a couple of years, we were around 110% last year.

Couldn’t see it Purley. Only Bryan not covering Coops who’d got dragged out to where Bryan should have been.
Can you provide timing?
Sky Highlights:

0.34/5 Billy with runner (albeit circa 4 feet behind again), Cooper facing their player on the right and Bryan moving to double-up with Cooper.

0.36 Billy stops, runner continues, wide player plays the ball behind Cooper.

0.37 The player, Billy has lost, receives ball near byline, squares, one down 🤷‍♂️. Billy isolated.

0:50 View from the away end, Billy starts off 4 feet behind runner, when player crosses Billy circa 6 yards from him!

First rule of defending get goal side of opponents and go with runners!

Space and balls don’t score goals, so watch the latter not the former 🤷‍♂️

If Bryan had been marking the wide player, I don’t think it would have stopped the ball being played towards the byline. Would Cooper had intercepted? Doubtful because he would have been in the centre. It’s possible Cooper would have cleared the cross but I genuinely don’t believe he would have stopped the runner laying the ball back 🤔

Really enjoyed the game but not the result obviously but at least you could see what they were trying to do most of the time think I might be a bok missed both home games over Christmas really need a forward to take the chances we are making but think Bradshaw would have got onto a couple of the crosses thought rab was poor when he should have been busting a gut to prove himself absolute shit ref but who expects anything else

Sky Highlights:

0.34/5 Billy with runner (albeit circa 4 feet behind again), Cooper facing their player on the right and Bryan moving to double-up with Cooper.

0.36 Billy stops, runner continues, wide player plays the ball behind Cooper.

0.37 The player, Billy has lost, receives ball near byline, squares, one down 🤷‍♂️. Billy isolated.

0:50 View from the away end, Billy starts off 4 feet behind runner, when player crosses Billy circa 6 yards from him!

First rule of defending get goal side of opponents and go with runners!

Space and balls don’t score goals, so watch the latter not the former 🤷‍♂️

If Bryan had been marking the wide player, I don’t think it would have stopped the ball being played towards the byline. Would Cooper had intercepted? Doubtful because he would have been in the centre. It’s possible Cooper would have cleared the cross but I genuinely don’t believe he would have stopped the runner laying the ball back 🤔
Thanks Purley and agree Billy didn’t track him. Also felt BNC and We’d could have done more for their third!

It might be to do with being close to losing 13m in the last accounts, possibly 12m the year before and you can see we have increased spending this year.
I think Covid losses are excluded from the 39m you are allowed to lose and accountants would find ways of shifting losses around but we don't seem to have a huge amount to play with especially with the prospect of '70/80% of income can be spent on wages' being a possibility in a couple of years, we were around 110% last year.

That was basically my understanding of the situation. I think that we have lost +/-£36m over the 3-year period however, as you say, there is a sum (+/-£5m?) which can be written off as COVID losses. My back of a fag packet calculations suggest we have £6 - 8m to spend on transfers before we are in danger of breaching regulations. Even in the unlikely event that we spent £4m on Cresswell, we should still be within the rules.

It's an interesting point you raise about the wage restriction. If it is ever introduced, then about 80% of C'ship clubs will be in trouble.