Just back ( short version)

Phlion54

This was the " might off " game , might have won,might have lost , might have Got a late penalty , might have scored with 4 shots in a 20 second spell but ended up a draw which did no one any favours really , same starting 11 and we started off with the most unusual kick off routine ' we kicked the ball to jed who we think tried a shot from the half way linei but was well side .....they attacked from the onset and we were pinned back and after 15 mins or so after a poor piece of defensive play it resulted in murry putting the ball.into his own net trying to defend a cross ,we then went on the attack and murry was rewarded with a header to the top right from a great cross , both teams huffed & puffed till half time but no further goals ,second half was much of the same, we had a crazy 20 second spell in which 4 attempts were stopped on or near their goal line and Bradshaw on as sub should have had a penalty for a blatant push but we ended up all square , Bart again was on great form but the likes of Aforbe was his usual.lazy self and the fans let him know this time he did not like that and at the end walked off alone while the rest stood in front of us clapping, how he never gets subbed is a mystery, awful today but he scores the odd goal and everyone forgets how little he does over 90 minutes anyway we are STILL in with an outside chance so let's all get down the den on monday

Thanks P54 for your thoughts on the game. I have posted many times that it is always good to hear from somebody who was actually at the game. I did start off watching it on a stream on soccer24 but, as usual, it went pear shaped after fifteen minutes but that was long enough to see Murray score an OG. If he’d left it then their attacker behind him would have slotted it in. I followed the rest with Jeff and the boys and, as it was Good Friday, they showed the goals as they went in so I saw the equaliser from Murray at the right end.
It sounded like a decent performance and GR praised Jed as the MOM and it sounded as if we had the better of the second half. The dream is still alive and there is an awful lot riding on the match up between the Lions and Tigers!

It sounded like a decent performance and GR praised Jed as the MOM and it sounded as if we had the better of the second half.
I wouldn't go that far, Silver.
We had some decent chances and certainly played much better in the second half.
But, it was certainly not one way traffic. It was a terrific competitive game, real end to end stuff.
It reminded me of 2 boxers slugging it out right to the end of round 12.

If Danny Mac had executed the same shot he did last week for his first, we would have won. Unfortunately, he hit it towards their keeper.

Either team could have won it and either loser would have been disappointed.
So, all in all a draw ain't bad.

This was the " might off " game , might have won,might have lost , might have Got a late penalty , might have scored with 4 shots in a 20 second spell but ended up a draw which did no one any favours really , same starting 11 and we started off with the most unusual kick off routine ' we kicked the ball to jed who we think tried a shot from the half way linei but was well side .....they attacked from the onset and we were pinned back and after 15 mins or so after a poor piece of defensive play it resulted in murry putting the ball.into his own net trying to defend a cross ,we then went on the attack and murry was rewarded with a header to the top right from a great cross , both teams huffed & puffed till half time but no further goals ,second half was much of the same, we had a crazy 20 second spell in which 4 attempts were stopped on or near their goal line and Bradshaw on as sub should have had a penalty for a blatant push but we ended up all square , Bart again was on great form but the likes of Aforbe was his usual.lazy self and the fans let him know this time he did not like that and at the end walked off alone while the rest stood in front of us clapping, how he never gets subbed is a mystery, awful today but he scores the odd goal and everyone forgets how little he does over 90 minutes anyway we are STILL in with an outside chance so let's all get down the den on monday
I get slated for pointing out his inadequacies. Technically not great

I get slated for pointing out his inadequacies. Technically not great
I'm afraid that he is lacking in basic skills but as I said everyone forgets all that when he scores the odd goal ,yesterday was typical and I felt along with a lot of others that he can't stroll through games and expect to get away with it , one prime example was Jed put a tap in ball into the 6 yard box afumble was on the edge of the box ,any decent C.F. would have gambled and make a run to the near post not him just stood still and did nothing ,don't think.he won a ball in the air ,made 1 decent run or dribble and finds it hard to loose his marker, no real physical strength but that's just my take and many others near me yesterday , Bradshaw made more runs ,closed down and was a nuisance in is sub role then he did the whole game but GR keeps him on the pitch ....let's hope he takes on board why the fans got upset with him yesterday but his reaction at the end was.not Millwall.

Where I was considering Danny Mac for P.O.T.S a few days ago and finally opted for Murraymint but yesterday was Danny's least effective day for us but everyone is entitled to one of these and he'll resume come Monday.

My son travelled down from Glasgow. He said it could have gone either way. Still in with a chance.

Afobe has ten odd goals. We'd probably be ten points lighter if he hadn't scored those ten odd goals.

I'm afraid that he is lacking in basic skills but as I said everyone forgets all that when he scores the odd goal ,yesterday was typical and I felt along with a lot of others that he can't stroll through games and expect to get away with it , one prime example was Jed put a tap in ball into the 6 yard box afumble was on the edge of the box ,any decent C.F. would have gambled and make a run to the near post not him just stood still and did nothing ,don't think.he won a ball in the air ,made 1 decent run or dribble and finds it hard to loose his marker, no real physical strength but that's just my take and many others near me yesterday , Bradshaw made more runs ,closed down and was a nuisance in is sub role then he did the whole game but GR keeps him on the pitch ....let's hope he takes on board why the fans got upset with him yesterday but his reaction at the end was.not Millwall.
Afobe did all what you say he doen't do against Barnsley. Those type of players will have good and bad games and drift in and out of others. Both Afobe and Jed are alike but the latter can get away with it scot free with many of our blinkered supporters.

Afobe did all what you say he doen't do against Barnsley. Those type of players will have good and bad games and drift in and out of others. Both Afobe and Jed are alike but the latter can get away with it scot free with many of our blinkered supporters.
Jed over the last 3/4 games has been mediocre at best and how he got GR player of the match yesterday left a lot of us scratching our heads , afumble is one of the laziest lack lusture players with a limited knowledge of how to create space or lose his defender...I really hope we don't sign him long term, just watch him over 90 minutes cause he don t get subbed & see how much he contributes , Jed is just trying to play the million dollar ball all the time or some outrageous flick that not happening, his dead balls yesterday were awful but the cross for the goal was on the money so everyone forgets all the crap ,ball losing he does inbetween.....been a great player for us but you know he wants a big pay day

afumble is one of the laziest lack lusture players with a limited knowledge of how to create space or lose his defender.
Ten goals and a few assists.

.I really hope we don't sign him long term, just watch him over 90 minutes cause he don t get subbed & see how much he contributes ,
Ten goals. Holds thre ball up well. Costs us a perecentage of his entire wage, i think we've done okay by him.

Afobe has ten odd goals. We'd probably be ten points lighter if he hadn't scored those ten odd goals.
You almost as good as defending him as you are bojo.....if you watched the game yesterday please tell me 1 meaningful moment he produced, the only time he showed any energy was after the crowd told him his fortune ....too little too late...the sad thing is we have too suffer this 2nd rate striker as we have no one else due to a great recruitment drive in the last transfer window by GR & Co....the man as played for someone said 16 clubs that' must say something

I don’t think it’s just Afobe that is sometimes guilty about not being in the right place at the right time, there are other midfielders and forwards who, over the 42 games played so far, have been equally guilty of not doing their job properly!

How many times this season have we seen a midfielder or a winger put over a perfect cross into the box, only to see no one has had the foresight to plant themselves at the back post (where they are, more often than not), unmarked, for an easy tap in or header, into the opposition’s goal?

Either these players are completely brain dead, or the coaching staff are somehow not teaching the basic fundamentals during their training sessions!

The best forwards in this division, the likes of Fulham’s Mitrovic (37 goals so far), and Bournemouth’s Solanke (25 goals so far), score so many because they do get themselves in the right place at the right time! They can both score great goals from outside the box, but can often be on hand to score easy tap ins or headers from 6 yards out! They seem to have an almost telepathic ability to know what their fellow players are going to do, allowing them to pull away from their markers or create the space that puts them into the perfect position to score!

Until our forward players can do what those opposition forwards do, then we won’t turn potential defeats into draws, and potential draws into wins!

In your tiny, infantile brain i might be. Ten goals in a team that creates very little is not to be sniffed at unless you have a personal grudge against him :hmmm:

The rest is drivel.
Oh my God ..... Drivel must be your second name in thinking. ,have you actually seen him play in the flesh or just what you have read. Did you see his performance yesterday and many other games ,turning his back on the fans who had a round trip of over 500 miles at the end is not the millwall way but im sure your find a reason / excuse for his actions,

Staff online

Members online