Joe Edwards interview

Status
Not open for further replies.
I did read an article yesterday; where JE said that the players called a squad meeting after the Ipswich game to discuss things. If that's the case, any honest player who doesn't mind speaking his mind would have said things that he probably didn't like.
(I should imagine).
I'm glad to hear that. It shows that the players care, which they bloody well should do.

Ok, so he said on the end of it 'the only way we'll get through it is standing up and fighting', that's fair enough - fucking do it then. Still the bit about it "being a grind" is a wankers' quote in my book.

I think that's where his inexperience plays into peoples hands - He should be careful and think about what he says. In context of the interview, I now understand what he meant. But none the less, a fucking stupid thing to say at this period in time when the team (and himself) are clearly struggling.

Did anyone notice that when we went two nil down they sat a security guard/steward type by the dugout close to JE? I hadn’t notice one that close to the dugout before
Because some no mark was leaning in n giving shit to everyone. Billy Mitchell tried to end it- respect Some of ours “fans” are a fucking embarrassment

Ok, so he said on the end of it 'the only way we'll get through it is standing up and fighting', that's fair enough - fucking do it then. Still the bit about it "being a grind" is a wankers' quote in my book.
Focusing on that particular statement takes the whole thing out of context. I think he’s trying to empathise with us although a bit clumsy.

Come 5pm on Saturday we will be in the bottom 3, Joe has zero experience in this and unfortunately the board have made a massive error in his recruitment, on paper he has experience and contacts but everyone knows this is one of the hardest and demanding leagues and Joe has had a fairytale career leading up to this surrounded by young stars and world class players and managers. Means nothing now, experience and calmness and getting that through to the players is where it counts.

I hope that we can pull ourselves away from the bottom 3, but by the showing of the last few weeks it’s not in them so it’s league 1, we cannot compete in this division with the money and quality our team are made up of used to be good players, been at the club to long players and young players coming through. It’s going to take a massive effort because once your in the bottom 3 we all know it very tough to get out of it.

For those travelling to Southampton next week, I applaud you all and I hope that goes along way to getting something out of the game.

Did anyone notice that when we went two nil down they sat a security guard/steward type by the dugout close to JE? I hadn’t notice one that close to the dugout before
That's because when we went 1-0 down some bloke approached the dug out and gave dogs abuse for a good few minutes before he moved on, tbf to the stewards and security, they did not get heavy handed with him and he left when he said his piece

That's a damn clumsy thing to say.
I would've thought after all his years at Chelsea, the one thing he'd have is good media training.
Nope.

That's a damn clumsy thing to say.
I would've thought after all his years at Chelsea, the one thing he'd have is good media training.
Nope.
I have thought about this and yes it’s a stupid clumsy thing to say and can be interpreted in different ways. I immediately thought and quoted about my feelings, but shouldn’t the clubs so called media expert's protect him from shit statements like this.
After all the interview is with Millwall tv, it didn’t have to be aired, someone should be overseeing this.
I am very emotional, disappointed , embarrassed and totally pissed off with what’s happening to our club at the moment and say a lot of things in the heat of moment. The last thing Edward’s needs if he ain’t getting the sack is grief that has nothing to do with the football .

Status
Not open for further replies.