Joe Edwards interview

Status
Not open for further replies.

champs08

file:///var/mobile/Library/SMS/Attachments/a7/07/941A8535-F5D0-4B5C-8BBE-996BFF9E151B/v0f044gc0000cn88dvvog65r4t0n1us0.mov

This is a bit of what he said:

“But the reality of being a player or coach or manager at this level is that sometimes it is really tough. And the only way is to just stand up, stick together and face it and you just have to start playing better than we are.”

Said by someone with extensive experience of being a player, coach and manager at this level.

To be fair to him, I suppose he has to say something.
I don't usually read any interviews by players or managers because generally I think they talk a load of shit; my judgements pretty much revolve around what I see in performances. But I suppose media demands it, so they have to say something... And after the last few performances, there's not really much he can say...

He is shit and he knows he is but he want walk away and admit it . He will do his you job untill those who gave him job support him . We all know Millwall aint got the squad to contend for prem . But this same squad won at Sheffield 4:0 just few months ago and now lost at home.He didnt move forward but rather we went backwards . We cant change the whole squad and for sure board want go so escape goat is obvious. I can guarantee that there is out there at least 2-3 managers ready to take this job whit enough experience with this kind of situations . Its the board thats on the move and they need to act quickly

It’s a grind to wake up and be connected to anything Millwall at the moment.

You cunt you want to try grafting all week then spend time and money watching that shit.

Fuck off now I’ve heard enough of your lip service every week.

These performances are on you OWN IT

"Unfortunately, being part of Millwall isn't something you wake up to being really excited about at the moment, it's a grind."

He actually said this. I just watched the interview.

If that isn't asking to be sacked then I don't know what is.

GET HIM OUT OF THIS CLUB.

Did anyone notice that when we went two nil down they sat a security guard/steward type by the dugout close to JE? I hadn’t notice one that close to the dugout before

"Unfortunately, being part of Millwall isn't something you wake up to being really excited about at the moment, it's a grind."

Oh dear

Wow!!!! I'm not sure if I have ever disrespected a Millwall manager more before!

The board are largely to blame for going down this route!!!... they may as well have walked down the street, pointed at someone and asked them "Do you fancy trying to manage a professional team, don't worry, no experience necessary!"

He actually said this. I just watched the interview
Did he say that? F@cking hell. Try f@cking leaving your house at 4 in the morning to watch that dire. To then get to airport to find your flight homes delayed 2 and a half hours 21 hour day for yesterdays crap. That’s a f@cking grind

This is a bit of what he said:

“But the reality of being a player or coach or manager at this level is that sometimes it is really tough. And the only way is to just stand up, stick together and face it and you just have to start playing better than we are.”

Said by someone with extensive experience of being a player, coach and manager at this level.
This is nothing less than treason!

We tried a new approach and it's backfired , is it the manager , the players , the tactics or a combination of all three , it seems he has lost the dressing room and now sadly the majority of fans, the excuses each week read much the same so want do they do at training ?, touch & go with our remaining fixtures if we have the players in their current mind frame to stay up , the board have to make a decision before Saturdays game one way or another

What an entitled little prick he must be to say something like that. Not only does it show a complete lack of awareness of the hardship that generations of Millwall supporters go through in their own working lives, it is also actually very disrespectful of our football club.

I wonder if he is just an example of the type of many younger people today that I come across - the type that know it all even though they don't have experience. The type that come out with some ridiculous statement of personal hardship not actually having any awareness of what hardship actually is.

Another thing, he hasn't said that in the singular, he has said that generally as anyone who is 'part of Millwall', which obviously includes the players. Now if I was one of the players, especially the likes of Danny Mac or Billy that are of our own, I would be fucking furious with him saying that. In fact I would put him straight in no uncertain terms.

Maybe I'm reading too much into the semantics of something that was said off the cuff. Dunno. But if I was one of the players I wouldn't be happy with it at all.

Another thing, he hasn't said that in the singular, he has said that generally as anyone who is 'part of Millwall', which obviously includes the players. Now if I was one of the players, especially the likes of Danny Mac or Billy that are of our own, I would be fucking furious with him saying that. In fact I would put him straight in no uncertain terms.

Maybe I'm reading too much into the semantics of something that was said off the cuff. Dunno. But if I was one of the players I wouldn't be happy with it at all.

I did read an article yesterday; where JE said that the players called a squad meeting after the Ipswich game to discuss things. If that's the case, any honest player who doesn't mind speaking his mind would have said things that he probably didn't like.
(I should imagine).

Status
Not open for further replies.