JE’s Just Back

I think it was a bit of both, service to him was poor.
Its hard to analyse when watching on TV as you cannot see most of the off the ball play and positioning but the commentators commented on how he just wasn't reacting quick enough to situations and it allowed QPR to recycle the ball to easily, just seemed like he wasn't 100% switched on for this game.
He wasn't the only one mate! 😉

I reckon that’s where the problem lies. We take them 4 off and replace with who. I’m assuming subs are not ready fit wise, or JE can’t trust them. Patience, in time we will maybe find out
I would of replaced them with De Norre, Saville, Longman and Esse, doesn't sound too bad an option to me.

My gut feeling watching was Nisbet didn't have a physical presence nor much pace and wasn't putting their CDs on any pressure.

Longman on the other hand is quick and stocky and, with their CDs looking vulnerable to pace, JE showed some imagination and took a gamble, albeit, it didn't come off!
Problem with that assumption is that Nisbet didn't get any service and Edwards didn't make one single positive substitution to change that, Longman would of been one option had he done so.

Think we have all seen enough of Nesbit now he is league 1 at best
pre-season looked the part scoring for fun
he looks lost out their maybe down to midfield but fu*k me never looks like he's got a goal in him

There wasn't anyone else to put up front. Bradshaw is injured so it was Longman or no one. It was simply a case of Longnan being an outlet with his pace. That was it.
My gut feeling watching was Nisbet didn't have a physical presence nor much pace and wasn't putting their CDs on any pressure.

Longman on the other hand is quick and stocky and, with their CDs looking vulnerable to pace, JE showed some imagination and took a gamble, albeit, it didn't come off!

That's my take on the 'put Longman up front' decision as well.
JE is a coach who has player limitations at the moment (for various reasons) and not an internet conspiracy theorist who's trying to take down the Millwall hierarchy with Blackmail demands...
:grinning:

He's just doing what all decent coaches would do - try out all the options when up Shit Strasse without a Paddle.
:grinning:

Agreed, but you have to give yourself the best chance to win every game! How can people not question such a bizarre set of subs, if the 11 on the pitch are creating nothing, LITERALLY NOTHING!! how is it possible that ALL of the creative players stayed on the bench!!!!
I would guess we are carrying players who are not 100%. Do you throw them in early and risk a long term injury, or suck it up for one game?

As I’ve said elsewhere, we don’t know what stage the subs are at fitness or even a knock wise. JE gambled with longman up top maybe because it could have paid off. Remember Steve Lovell.?
If they couldn't come on as subs , they shouldn't be on the bench in the first place, I don't see how Edwards has any excuse for Saturday.

There wasn't anyone else to put up front. Bradshaw is injured so it was Longman or no one. It was simply a case of Longnan being an outlet with his pace. That was it.
But there was & he was on the pitch.
Duncan Watmore, according to the clubs own website, is supposed to be a forward but for some reason he ran around like a headless chicken behind Longman.
At one nil down Cooper or Wallace would have done a better job upfront but that isn’t part of the “process”

People saying We should have moved Watmore to CF , have short memories because after the Middlesbrough game they were saying he couldn’t hit a barn door 🤷‍♂️

People saying We should have moved Watmore to CF , have short memories because after the Middlesbrough game they were saying he couldn’t hit a barn door 🤷‍♂️
He can’t hit a barn door (34 goals in 201 games since he left Altringham proves that) but he’s played up front all his career & it’s what he gets paid for

I think it was a bit of both, service to him was poor.
Its hard to analyse when watching on TV as you cannot see most of the off the ball play and positioning but the commentators commented on how he just wasn't reacting quick enough to situations and it allowed QPR to recycle the ball to easily, just seemed like he wasn't 100% switched on for this game.
Thanks. Those were also my thoughts although you articulated them much better than I would have.