JE’s Just Back

He is a good talker but he has a decent CF and he replaced him with Longman!!!
What he didn't do is change Mitchell, Honeyman, Flemming and Watmore who weren't supplying the CF with chances for any of the subs who might have done so.
Longman, Esse, De Norre or Saville are capable of doing so and weren't given the chance, I don't see how Edwards has any excuse for his poor 2nd half decisions.

What he didn't do is change Mitchell, Honeyman, Flemming and Watmore who weren't supplying the CF with chances for any of the subs who might have done so.
Longman, Esse, De Norre or Saville are capable of doing so and weren't given the chance, I don't see how Edwards has any excuse for his poor 2nd half decisions.
Nisbit was hopeless yesterday. Edwards' biggest mistake was not replacing him sooner, although Longman as CF was a strange choice.

He's honest and aware of what we got wrong or failed to do. Preston at home next up is a great opportunity for redemption and to start another good run of form. Getting back to the form we hit in mid December isn't impossible. A settled and fit starting eleven may have made things a bit easier for Edwards.

In his defence and to his credit he's had little to no luck with injuries and suspensions. Hutchinson, Leonard, Emakhu and Bradshaw all unavailable. I think Leonard is a big loss. Only three defeats in his sixteen games played. Four defeats from 14 starts for Saville. I'd like to see De Norre and Saville play five or so games together cause i think they'd click well and offer more in the way of assists and a few goals.

I think Longman up front was a bit of a warning to the board, look what I have to play with up front, we need a striker now kind of message, maybe just my thoughts
Can’t imagine with the team just one down JE’s thinking was “this game’s gone, if I put a non-striker on upfront the board will take note and provide funds for me to get a new striker new” :shake:

Very speculative thought 🤔

Can’t imagine with the team just one down JE’s thinking was “this game’s gone, if I put a non-striker on upfront the board will take note and provide funds for me to get a new striker new” :shake:

This.

I reckon that’s where the problem lies. We take them 4 off and replace with who. I’m assuming subs are not ready fit wise, or JE can’t trust them. Patience, in time we will maybe find out

I know, but just cannot work out why Longman was played up front. It’s a frustrating especially when we had the likes of Esse, De Norre and Saville on the bench, couldn’t work out his decisions.

He's honest and aware of what we got wrong or failed to do. Preston at home next up is a great opportunity for redemption and to start another good run of form. Getting back to the form we hit in mid December isn't impossible. A settled and fit starting eleven may have made things a bit easier for Edwards.

In his defence and to his credit he's had little to no luck with injuries and suspensions. Hutchinson, Leonard, Emakhu and Bradshaw all unavailable. I think Leonard is a big loss. Only three defeats in his sixteen games played. Four defeats from 14 starts for Saville. I'd like to see De Norre and Saville play five or so games together cause i think they'd click well and offer more in the way of assists and a few goals.
I watched Preston at Leeds yesterday and they played well going toe-to-toe with Leeds, so we will have to see how we cope with their fearless high press when we play out the back. I think our set plays need to work very well as they are susceptible to them.

This was their managers view:

"I said to the lads to be proud. We've got to use this as a motivation for next weekend to continue.

"We knew we had to be fast out of the traps and get the ball in behind. I thought it was a great game and a fair result would have been 1-1."

Hopeless or was it poor service to him?

I think it was a bit of both, service to him was poor.
Its hard to analyse when watching on TV as you cannot see most of the off the ball play and positioning but the commentators commented on how he just wasn't reacting quick enough to situations and it allowed QPR to recycle the ball to easily, just seemed like he wasn't 100% switched on for this game.

I know, but just cannot work out why Longman was played up front. It’s a frustrating especially when we had the likes of Esse, De Norre and Saville on the bench, couldn’t work out his decisions.
Gotta be honest, the subs on Saturday were something Hollowhead would have done, it's like he picked the names out of a hat!!
Grant was on the bench, young kid would have busted a gut to make an impression, get him on with the above players then something MAY have happened, with the changes he made we KNEW nothing was gonna happen!!
Fucking bizarre subs!!!

Here we go again. We have no god given right to win a game. Its football. You have to take the good and the bad.

We dont need a striker. We need a midfielder who can control the game and provide assists.

Last edited:
Here we go again. We have no god given right to win a game. Its football. You have to take the good and the bad.
Agreed, but you have to give yourself the best chance to win every game! How can people not question such a bizarre set of subs, if the 11 on the pitch are creating nothing, LITERALLY NOTHING!! how is it possible that ALL of the creative players stayed on the bench!!!!

My gut feeling watching was Nisbet didn't have a physical presence nor much pace and wasn't putting their CDs on any pressure.

Longman on the other hand is quick and stocky and, with their CDs looking vulnerable to pace, JE showed some imagination and took a gamble, albeit, it didn't come off!