Jed off to forest

Until Bradshaw and Ojo got injured yesterday I thought we played some of our most fluid and controlled football this season and for some time.

Could that be because Jed wasn’t there to hinder things? I think so. It’s a shame Bradshaw could be out for some time and Ojo may not be available for the next few games 🤦‍♂️

Great servant to the club….. still gutted though.

Best of luck Jed, we wouldn’t be where we are without you.

Great players have come and gone over the years, but we always find a gem so just part of the process and I am sure we will find another player with potential in the near future.

While it makes total sense financially to sell Wallace the fact is that we are likely to struggle without him, at least in the short term. I’ve seen a few posts saying we’re a better team but I can’t see how, we’ve played four games already without him and lost three of them.

For a reported 2M we have no option but to get rid but let’s not pretend that somehow we are suddenly a better side.

Until Bradshaw and Ojo got injured yesterday I thought we played some of our most fluid and controlled football this season and for some time.

Could that be because Jed wasn’t there to hinder things? I think so. It’s a shame Bradshaw could be out for some time and Ojo may not be available for the next few games 🤦‍♂️
Personally think Jed was better off on a flank rather than being given the license to roam wherever he wanted. Think that gave players an excuse to try and run everything through him and led to us relying on him more than we should have done.

While it makes total sense financially to sell Wallace the fact is that we are likely to struggle without him, at least in the short term. I’ve seen a few posts saying we’re a better team but I can’t see how, we’ve played four games already without him and lost three of them.

For a reported 2M we have no option but to get rid but let’s not pretend that somehow we are suddenly a better side.
I don’t think it’s a case that supporters on here think we’re currently a better side without Jed, more that we could be a better side without him, if we can get a fee from Forest and on top of that, Rowett gets additional money that allows him to buy, say, Sibley and Flemming together (as an example.)

You’re right, we have lost three games out of four without Jed, but perhaps it’s Rowett’s thinking that those two newly signed players could fill the void left by Jed, and make us a more balanced and settled side which will stop the rot and get us back to winning ways!

I’ve seen a few posts saying we’re a better team but I can’t see how, we’ve played four games already without him and lost three of them.
We didn't deserve to lose the last two games, an offside goall against a much stronger team and a player error that cost us at least a point yesterday. We created chances, weren't as predictable and over reliant on one player.

It is only fair to say that Jed may have come up with a goal or assist yesterday, that's what he's done for us although not of late. For a team apparently so reliant on one player i think we've adapted well, in no time whilst being hamstrung by several factors squad wise. We probably need a change in style and approach anyway, sooner or later that way will get you relegated.

Trying to following the in Teddys footsteps?

At least Forest were an established top division side when Teddy moved there

good luck to Jed been great for us so will try not to say a bad word but this looks like a money move not a move forward to play at a higher level (if this rumour is true of course)
Re Teddy: Wasn’t that a brown envelope job? Something was passed between McLintock & Clough I believe

We didn't deserve to lose the last two games, an offside goall against a much stronger team and a player error that cost us at least a point yesterday. We created chances, weren't as predictable and over reliant on one player.

It is only fair to say that Jed may have come up with a goal or assist yesterday, that's what he's done for us although not of late. For a team apparently so reliant on one player i think we've adapted well, in no time whilst being hamstrung by several factors squad wise. We probably need a change in style and approach anyway, sooner or later that way will get you relegated.

Yeah I wouldn’t disagree with your overall point Peckham but just because he’s gone I’m not convinced that at this moment we’re automatically a better side, in close games like yesterday Jed did have a habit of pulling something out of the hat when we needed it.

I’m a realist however and the bottom line is that for 2M (if that is true) we’ve got to bite Forests’ hands off, no doubt about it. What worries me though is that traditionally when we’ve lost big players in the past we’ve struggled to replace them and I’m not confident that we will this time round either, mainly because any money we get might understandably just go towards servicing what we’ve lost in the last couple of years.

It’s a fair and unarguable point that the side needs to be more balanced and to be honest we’ve probably had the best years out of Wallace anyway. I, like I suspect you and many others, am just glad that it looks like the whole saga is coming to an end and we can move on.

All the best Jed, been a decent servant for us. Would rather take that 2 mill now then get nothing come the end of he's contract.

Maybe we could use that 2 mill to adjust the turnstiles and make them bigger so people like Stake Bake Fat Dan don't get stuck in them anymore and make are kick offs delayed !

Purley, the king is dead long live the king.
Is there life after Jed? Of course there is, but to say that Jed was a hindrance is absolute bolloxs. Where are these other players who would have performed better than Jed? (Don’t forget in many ways he replaced Aiden O’Brien ffs!) Just how were a club like Millwall going to afford anyone better? Oh yes, Skalak and the permanently injured Mahoney I suppose?
Without Jed’s goals and assists (Google them if you’ve already forgotten) we could be playing in Division one by now so yes, let’s move on but to criticise someone who has been our best player for three of four seasons just because you’ve got a bee in your bonnet about him just isn’t right! :wagging:

Jed is a good player, I really don't see us getting 2m for him though.

A new contract should have been sorted for him long ago, maybe a new one still will be, he is 27 now and I would give a 3 year deal, and try sell him after 2 years

I understand that we are a selling club, we always have been, but we will never attract players of a better stranded if we continue to lose the best we already have.

Who the hell are we going to find that can play midfield and get 10 goals and 10 assists a season, as anyone who is already at the club (cough Mahoney cough) is not fancied by Mr "Tactical Genius" GR.

If the 2m rumour is true then that highlights my point that this should of been nipped in the bud last season. If like it’s rumoured 2m then that would of been 5m 8 months ago when this charade started.

Poor poor handling by the club and we get what we deserve.

Last edited:

No one questions that Jed is a quality player. The fact is we have, by design or default become a side over reliant on him. That means, when it aint clicking in a game, or the opposition double up on him, we forget how to utilise the other attacking players (if Rowett has selected any). So sometimes, the best 'teams' do not include the best players.

What we have seen is Ojo come into his own in that free role and we have played well whilst Jed has been out, Can Mahoney finally step up in that 10 role, will Burey build upon a decent loan and cameo for us v Palace, will one of our meagre bids for attacking players come to fruition?

Without a doubt, I'd rather Jed stay, but if that was in the same manner, of us over reliant on him, I'd rather he moved on and we built a side capable of attacking/scoring/creating goals from several angles.

No one questions that Jed is a quality player. The fact is we have, by design or default become a side over reliant on him. That means, when it aint clicking in a game, or the opposition double up on him, we forget how to utilise the other attacking players (if Rowett has selected any). So sometimes, the best 'teams' do not include the best players.

What we have seen is Ojo come into his own in that free role and we have played well whilst Jed has been out, Can Mahoney finally step up in that 10 role, will Burey build upon a decent loan and cameo for us v Palace, will one of our meagre bids for attacking players come to fruition?

Without a doubt, I'd rather Jed stay, but if that was in the same manner, of us over reliant on him, I'd rather he moved on and we built a side capable of attacking/scoring/creating goals from several angles.
Agree with this post………. I reckon Ojo has looked real quality recently. Could we keep him though ?

If the 2m rumour is true then that highlights my point that this should of been nipped in the bud last season. If like it’s rumoured 2m then that would of been 5m 8 months ago when this charade started.

Poor poor handling by the club and we get what we deserve.
One rumour I’ve read on here is that Jed has no time for Rowett’s type of defensive football. If true, then perhaps last season, with him knowing he only had 1 year left on his contract, Jed was already thinking of fucking off, and knew that he would never get from the club the new contract he was looking for (i.e. more money).

8 plus months ago, Jed may have been valued at £5M by us, but no other club (in the Prem or the Championship), seemed willing to take a punt on him at that time, and at that price. Cooper was manager of Swansea then, and he didn’t put in a bid for Jed, so perhaps that £5M evaluation was too high? Now, as Forest‘s manager, Cooper must feel that Jed is the missing piece in the jigsaw that helps get them promoted to the Prem! If that were to happen, then paying us £2M for Jed would be seen by every other club as probably being the best buy in the Championship this season!