JE not happy!!

Well Edwards certainly did not ask them to lump long balls straight back to the oppo for the first half hour of the game which seems strange and a coincidence that it happens after the reintroduction of Hutchinson back in the side.

Emakhu looked like a little boy lost and if the rest of our youth cannot track an oppo player or carry out their defensive work then no point playing them.

Joe Edwards has had a wake up call after a dream start, has he got enough experience with the type of players he has inherited to stop the nose dive ?

JE needs to go 442 while he try’s to teach the team to pass properly, look up , move , ect ect ect , don’t over complicate it , yes this is the best squad in years but too many just are not up to this level , if it was the start of the season we would say let’s see after 10 games , JE will work out his best team and formation but must be thinking fucking hell I could be sacked before Xmas this lot are division two standard at best .

JE totally out of his depth. Can't understand the love-in. These same players (with the odd exception) were doing well first part of this season and past 2 seasons. It's the results I'm interested in not tippy tippy expansive blx. Seems that JE is absolved from everything bad about out performances but when we won at bottom club whipping boys in his first game it was all down to him. Wtf?

JE totally out of his depth. Can't understand the love-in. These same players (with the odd exception) were doing well first part of this season and past 2 seasons. It's the results I'm interested in not tippy tippy expansive blx. Seems that JE is absolved from everything bad about out performances but when we won at bottom club whipping boys in his first game it was all down to him. Wtf?

Have some faith, I'm sure the board knew exactly what he would bring to the team and appointed the best man for the job. Change doesn't happen overnight and certainly not with the same squad who have been used to a certain mentality and it will take time for JE to get them playing how he wants

Not that I'm not miffed about the results but let's give it some time before we start calling for his head

I think a lot of us are on the same page here. I alluded to this after the Coventry game and the same point still remains.

I don’t think Edwards has realised how limited this current squads ability really is. You cannot polish a turd at the end of the day.
Our players’ base level of ability isn’t good enough to play this style at this level on a consistent basis. Too much has to click for it to work, they all have to play out of their skin.

We’ve appointed this manager knowing full well what his play style is, what his philosophy is and the direction he wants to take us. Is it naïvety on both the manager and boards part to think this current crop or players can adapt to a different style? Perhaps.

We’ve got about 7 Championship level players in this squad by my reckoning. The old guard are starting to look exactly that, old.

Edwards needs time and patience but also some fucking money to spend to build a squad he wants.

The most obvious place to start would be to sell Flemming but his value has surely diminished now.

As soon as we turned down £12.5million, that’s effectively now what he costs us!

Is he playing like a £12.5 million player? Absolutely not.

Well Edwards certainly did not ask them to lump long balls straight back to the oppo for the first half hour of the game which seems strange and a coincidence that it happens after the reintroduction of Hutchinson back in the side.

Emakhu looked like a little boy lost and if the rest of our youth cannot track an oppo player or carry out their defensive work then no point playing them.

Joe Edwards has had a wake up call after a dream start, has he got enough experience with the type of players he has inherited to stop the nose dive ?
Answer to last paragraph NO poor sod, it is all very well coaching youngsters who hang on your every word, but coaching a load of journeymen who are only a few years your junior is another matter

What games have you been watching during the first part of this season? Or the second half of last season for that matter. Quite frankly, on the whole, our football and results have been shit for nearly a year.

I have just posted the same link in another thread. Albeit about a couple of seconds too late.

:ROFLMAO:

I had to laugh at 'not happy'. I was shouting 'mark him. FFs mark the player on the edge of the box'. Then ended up kicking the cat all round the room.

Misses said I don't know why you watch them. I said its training for when you wind me up.
Haven't you got any babies you could have eaten?

I had to laugh at 'not happy'. I was shouting 'mark him. FFs mark the player on the edge of the box'. Then ended up kicking the cat all round the room.

Misses said I don't know why you watch them. I said its training for when you wind me up.
I presume you were joking?

I wouldn't go so far as to say he's completely out of his depth at this point, but I do share some of your doubts about his abilities at this level. I don't think that there is so much of a 'love-in' at the moment, more of a determination to give him a fair crack of the whip, which I think is correct.

We will see what happens, but I do share your lack of confidence in him. With a bit of luck we will both be wrong.

He's going on about the 'physical data coming back after the games'... And what the fuck is xG?

I'm sure that data has a place in modern football but I don't really want our manager referring to it as primary evidence of whether we were doing the right things or not.

He sounds like a statistician or a kid that's been playing xbox... Not my bag thankyou very much.