JE not happy!!

Just seen his interview, said the word "Basics" 6 times!!!

Not happy with the body language or aptitude!!!

Maybe some of the old guard will be out the door in January!!!
He has every right to be fcked off and if the players really can’t put two passes together, that’s no reflection on him, it’s the dross that we have. Professional football players - fuck off.

He has every right to be fcked off and if the players really can’t put two passes together, that’s no reflection on him, it’s the dross that we have. Professional football players - fuck off.
Your right, the players can’t put two passes together, not this season or last season or the one before that. If Joe wants to play that style of football he will need eleven new players.
So yes, blame the players if you want to but also blame the manager for trying to get players to do things they just can’t do (and he should of realised this before he took the job)

Your right, the players can’t put two passes together, not this season or last season or the one before that. If Joe wants to play that style of football he will need eleven new players.
So yes, blame the players if you want to but also blame the manager for trying to get players to do things they just can’t do (and he should of realised this before he took the job)
But surely ANY manager should expect 'professional' football players to perform the 'basics'... the players have been pretty much exposed for their abilities (or lack of) but they are all the club can afford.

I can't help but feel this process will be a long drawn out affair and hope the club can buy Joe a few presents in the January window?! Not holding my breathe tbh.

If someone could guarantee us 21st place at the end of the season... I'd take it!

Bit soon to be throwing players under the bus publicly. He just might need some of 'em to keep him in a job.
I think he has every right to say what he said.

I think it’s the other way around, some of the players will have to step up to keep their place at this club.

Look at which direction most players go after leaving us, nearly all to leagues 1,2 and lower

I was wondering last night if the players were using the zonal system in defence, because they certainly weren’t marking any Ipswich players in and around our box.

Of course he is not happy. Would you be happy if somebody took a shit in the middle of your living room? He realised that he inherited a shower of shit and he forgot his umbrella.

For some while too many players have been ball-watching, hence us getting undone by simple 1-2s time after time.

They really must start marking players.
Ipswich players last night, playing straight balls down the middle to unmarked players, no defending from the font or the midfielders, but this has been going on way before JE took over.

I think the reason for this is because none of our players have any pace, once they get turned then they are done for. Hence why they sit back a bit.
Agree none of our players have pace but this is more fundamental than that. I think GR used zonal defending which is more about protecting space as opposed to marking players. Opposing teams sussed this out some time back, hence our poor performances over the last 30ish games.

Zonal defending is ingrained in these players and they need to change pronto 🤬

But surely ANY manager should expect 'professional' football players to perform the 'basics'... the players have been pretty much exposed for their abilities (or lack of) but they are all the club can afford.

I can't help but feel this process will be a long drawn out affair and hope the club can buy Joe a few presents in the January window?! Not holding my breathe tbh.

If someone could guarantee us 21st place at the end of the season... I'd take it!
Correct a manager should expect pro footballers to do the basics. You could see in his face last night, bemused that grown men can’t pass 20 yards, can’t cushion a ball coming at pace, can’t hit 192 sq feet of onion bag. Maybe the pressure of different playing style is affecting them.

Bit soon to be throwing players under the bus publicly. He just might need some of 'em to keep him in a job.
I don’t think saying that we didn’t do the basics and it’s not good enough is throwing our players under the bus.

It’s about time we had a manager that said what’s what and gives the players a clear ultimatum. Step up or fuck off. Simple as that. Too many snowflakes nowadays want to keep the applecart stable for an easy life.

Edwards has a very difficult job on and I’ll back him 100% - the players are letting the club down, their team and thereselves. They need to fkin man up and sort this out.

Someone who works for me knows JE Dad, said he phoned him last night after the game and said “fuck me I have my work cut out”

There it is just as we thought!!

I obviously said can you pass on a few words of advise from me😂

I don’t think saying that we didn’t do the basics and it’s not good enough is throwing our players under the bus.

It’s about time we had a manager that said what’s what and gives the players a clear ultimatum. Step up or fuck off. Simple as that. Too many snowflakes nowadays want to keep the applecart stable for an easy life.

Edwards has a very difficult job on and I’ll back him 100% - the players are letting the club down, their team and thereselves. They need to fkin man up and sort this out.
Yes & no Champs.
You can’t teach an old dog new tricks.
If this squad isn’t good enough to play the style of football JE wants then he’s stupid to ask them to do it.
We saw it with his ex boss Lampard at both Derby and Chelsea and in the case of Derby we out fought them a few years back to gain a decent away victory by basically sticking it to them while they were fannying about.

Members online