Jake Cooper

I find it strange that he wrote an open letter. That’s not something you usually do with good news! It’s not as if there was a tonne of speculation around his future either. No one was badmouthing him.

I would’ve probably sold him if the opportunity was there, but equally I don’t mind him staying at all. He loves it!

The old story of a bird in the hand is worth two in the bush. He is settled at Millwall and is a consistent performer. He lives locally, has two young children the eldest of which is probably either at pre school or already at school. Stability is the name of the game. If he went to Rangers then he would face a big move north for him and his family and not be certain that he would play every minute of every game. His kids would have to adapt to a whole new way of life with new schools and new friends so he has made the safe choice. Celebrate tomorrow with a goal from a set piece and we will all cheer!

Rowett needs to pin Cooper’s statement up on the dressing room wall for every player to read!

What better pep talk for the players to read that and go out tomorrow, chest pumping, and give the performance of their lives against a Stoke side who are getting a bit too uppity at the moment! They need bringing down a peg or two with a healthy dose of reality, which Rowett and the players can do, once we’ve beaten them again tomorrow!

I find it strange that he wrote an open letter. That’s not something you usually do with good news! It’s not as if there was a tonne of speculation around his future either. No one was badmouthing him.

I would’ve probably sold him if the opportunity was there, but equally I don’t mind him staying at all. He loves it!
Just read the letter. Reading between the lines I feel there’s a call of unity in there. Especially the last few lines. He’s basically saying that we’ve all had a shit preseason what with losing JB, but let’s stick together (and get off the managers back for a bit?). The timing is everything as well. The night before a game that could turn very toxic very quickly if things don’t go our way on the pitch.

Just read the letter. Reading between the lines I feel there’s a call of unity in there. Especially the last few lines. He’s basically saying that we’ve all had a shit preseason what with losing JB, but let’s stick together (and get off the managers back for a bit?). The timing is everything as well. The night before a game that could turn very toxic very quickly if things don’t go our way on the pitch.
That’s right, Wippa, well done! Put the mockers on it, why don’t you? *

Cooper’s bound to get an OG tomorrow now, and hand Stoke a victory on one of their pottery plates! :grinning:

Rowett needs to pin Cooper’s statement up on the dressing room wall for every player to read!

What better pep talk for the players to read that and go out tomorrow, chest pumping, and give the performance of their lives against a Stoke side who are getting a bit too uppity at the moment! They need bringing down a peg or two with a healthy dose of reality, which Rowett and the players can do, once we’ve beaten them again tomorrow!

Do you really think that Cooper sat down and wrote them words himself? It’s part of a bigger PR drive from the club to try and get fans back onside before tomorrow’s game. There has been no communication from the club this week on the OS in the way of interviews from Rowett or players which to me signals that the backlash from last weeks game has deeply impacted on the management and players. Tomorrow is the time for action not words.

Do you really think that Cooper sat down and wrote them words himself? It’s part of a bigger PR drive from the club to try and get fans back onside before tomorrow’s game. There has been no communication from the club this week on the OS in the way of interviews from Rowett or players which to me signals that the backlash from last weeks game has deeply impacted on the management and players. Tomorrow is the time for action not words.
Exactly how I see it. I think last week really affected GR. he can take the odd comment being thrown at him from behind the dugout but when you’ve got hundreds of people calling you a cunt in unison that’s going to affect you. You wouldn’t be human if it didn’t.

Last edited:
Exactly how I see it. I think last week really affected JR. he can take the odd comment being thrown at him from behind the dugout but when you’ve got hundreds of people calling you a cunt in unison that’s going to affect you. You wouldn’t be human if it didn’t.

Yep and the way the statement mentions JB kind of signals that his passing is still being deeply felt around the club. I guess that Rowett and indeed the players have to be really careful in mentioning that in case it’s seen as an excuse but it’s becoming ever more clear that JBs untimely death really affected all involved.

Reading between the lines I think that there is real disappointment inside the club at the reaction to a couple of defeats, especially after the outpouring of emotion following the awful news it seemed that it would bring the team and fans closer together.