Italy v England Official Thread

Would also be interesting to know how many "assists" (hate that term) Kane has created for England. Given that in any qualifying group at least 3 out of the 5 opponents will be at a lower standard you would expect the majority of any strikers goals to come from these games. Why also don't the penalties count ?
How many of those have Messi & Ronaldo put away in their tallies ?

Would also be interesting to know how many "assists" (hate that term) Kane has created for England. Given that in any qualifying group at least 3 out of the 5 opponents will be at a lower standard you would expect the majority of any strikers goals to come from these games. Why also don't the penalties count ?
How many of those have Messi & Ronaldo put away in their tallies ?

I've put up stat links for all three of them a couple of posts back, take a look.
I would have do it for you, but I'm busy. I have to take 'FAB 1' in for an MOT.
:oops:
:grinning:

c4479_1.jpg

Can't believe that Kanes stats are being comapred to Messi's and Ronaldo's. It's an insult. Good player but no medals or trophies for when he's retired.

Can't believe that Kanes stats are being comapred to Messi's and Ronaldo's. It's an insult. Good player but no medals or trophies for when he's retired.
Not comparing them, mate. Just saying that if you look at their stats well over half their goals will have come against lower rated opposition in a world class line up with good management (unlike England) and a lot of them were penalties...Doesnt make them any lesser players but the way it is. 😉

I don't understand why Kane is getting grief, he can only play against the teams that he's told to. Half of Jimmy Greaves' goals were against the home nations, a third of Charlton's the same. 11 of Greaves' goals came against Luxemburg, Norway and Peru whilst Charlton got 9 against Luxemburg and the mighty USA alone. Two of our greatest ever players and they only got 4 world cup goals between them, half of what Harry has scored. Only 6 of Kanes goals have come In friendlies, If that makes a difference.

He might not be as good a striker as Greaves but the geezer Is a world class player who has managed to score 53 goals In a bang average England side who have about as much attacking flair as the French In 1940. All his England games have come under Hodgson and Southgate (bar that bad dream of Allerdyce) so It ain't exactly like he's been spoilt with tactical wizardry to get where he Is.

The geezer has just done what every one of us would have give our left bollock to achieve as a kid but Instead of being rated for It, he's getting cunted cause he had the front to score 4 In 15 minutes against San Marino.

I don't understand why Kane is getting grief, he can only play against the teams that he's told to. Half of Jimmy Greaves' goals were against the home nations, a third of Charlton's the same. 11 of Greaves' goals came against Luxemburg, Norway and Peru whilst Charlton got 9 against Luxemburg and the mighty USA alone. Two of our greatest ever players and they only got 4 world cup goals between them, half of what Harry has scored. Only 6 of Kanes goals have come In friendlies, If that makes a difference.

He might not be as good a striker as Greaves but the geezer Is a world class player who has managed to score 53 goals In a bang average England side who have about as much attacking flair as the French In 1940. All his England games have come under Hodgson and Southgate (bar that bad dream of Allerdyce) so It ain't exactly like he's been spoilt with tactical wizardry to get where he Is.

The geezer has just done what every one of us would have give our left bollock to achieve as a kid but Instead of being rated for It, he's getting cunted cause he had the front to score 4 In 15 minutes against San Marino.
I'm not cunting him off. I'd have him back in a Millwall shirt in a heartbeat.