Is it time to fill the corners in?

Wippa

We was regularly selling out last season and that was when we had Rowetts drab football. Surely with Edwards now in charge the sell outs will only get more regular? We sold out v Southampton already this season. I wouldn’t be surprised if Coventry comes close after yesterdays result and Sunderland will most likely be a sell out.

So with that in mind is it time to fill the corners in? At least the ones connecting the home stands? Probably a good idea to keep a buffer between us and the away end so not worried about those ones.

Not sure what it would add on to the capacity. 5 or 6k?

I think we should be giving the guy more than one game. Although the Haters had all its windows done from the inside, the council have not compulsory closed it.

I seem to recall them laying the foundations in the corners ready for development if ever needed. I think it was 1250 in each corner.

I think we should be giving the guy more than one game. Although the Haters had all its windows done from the inside, the council have not compulsory closed it.
Well, even before Edwards came in our crowds have been going up. A lot of our floating supports seems to be turning up on a regular basis.
I seem to recall them laying the foundations in the corners ready for development if ever needed. I think it was 1250 in each corner.
Yes, and I think the foundations are deep enough so the main stands can go up as well. Think that would be quite costly though.

1250 a corner doesn’t seem much though. 2 corners would only bring an extra 2.5k to the capacity.

We can’t afford our new training ground at the moment due to the cost of building supplies etc ,/so I think the cost of filling in the corners wont be on the clubs minds at the moment
Is that why it’s gone quiet on that front? I didn’t know that.

The truth is we can’t afford to do anything really, we lose circa 8 mill a year and the Berylsons subsidise us. But if they was willing to pay for the corners to be filled in the extra crowds would help us get around FFP further down the line

I would say yes but would the cost be worth it if renewal development was going to clad the whole outer anyway?
Renewal aren't developing anything on our land.

I thought It was Chestnut Hill Ventures that would be in charge of what we do with our land.

Renewal aren't developing anything on our land.

I thought It was Chestnut Hill Ventures that would be in charge of what we do with our land.
That has always been part of the problem. It isn't "our land".
It is owned by Lewishame Council.
N.B That was a typo, but it looked apt, so I left it in. :grinning:

When Mr Burr chose to move us they wanted a 25,000 capacity but could only afford 12,000 so settled for 20,000 with the option of 5,000 more to be added in the corners.