Is anyone actually going to The Den to watch England in the World Cup?

These days if it's not millwall I'm not likely to watch it, that said I still want England to do well and will take a bit of an interest if we are doing well

I think the more pertinent question is gonna be - what the fuck do we do if England actually do get to the final?

I say that, because nearly all on here are giving it a swerve (including myself), but it would just be typical of Gonk and his rainbow laced footballers to fucking get to a final again!
I'm in Gran Canaria for the final and it's my Mrs birthday, It could go downhill rapidly.

Am I the only one on here who will watching and hoping my Country does well?
I’ll be watching it GH & I’m not apologising for it. There’s a lot of hypocrisy on here, suddenly everyone is concerned about LGBT rights in Qatar but the very same people get the hump when the “wokes” throw it down our throats over here. Sometimes I can’t keep up. The Middle East is what it is, people go to Dubai every day but it’s only a few years ago when heterosexual couples got banged up for snogging out there. Of course it’s sports washing but while businessmen continue to trade in Qatar & some of the ones complaining on here are putting petrol from the Arabs in their cars then I don’t see while the rest of us have to miss out

I’ll be watching it GH & I’m not apologising for it. There’s a lot of hypocrisy on here, suddenly everyone is concerned about LGBT rights in Qatar but the very same people get the hump when the “wokes” throw it down our throats over here. Sometimes I can’t keep up. The Middle East is what it is, people go to Dubai every day but it’s only a few years ago when heterosexual couples got banged up for snogging out there. Of course it’s sports washing but while businessmen continue to trade in Qatar & some of the ones complaining on here are putting petrol from the Arabs in their cars then I don’t see while the rest of us have to miss out
Each to their own mate, but as our resident red flag waver, if you're prepared to jump into bed with the bad guys, what hope the revolution?

Each to their own mate, but as our resident red flag waver, if you're prepared to jump into bed with the bad guys, what hope the revolution?
You’ve spotted the flaw in my argument mate but if I was totally PC I probably shouldn’t be watching Millwall either :whist:

I shan't be watching.
Ever since we had BLM rammed down our throats by the likes of Sly and all the virtue signalling footballers, including Southgate, (and his patronising letter to supporters explaining that we basically didn't understand what was going on) who then, once it was exposed as the con that it was, turned they're virtue signalling and lecturing, including Sly again, to other causes, which before BLM no footballing cunt had an opinion either way. Of course I want to see my country do well, but I would be more impressed if they are that forthright in they're views on human rights and LGBTQ issues, that they stayed at home.In my opinion football is a release from all the shit that is going on, and shouldn't be used as a platform for political or societal issues. Heard none of this bollocks during the last World Cup, to my knowledge.
I have no interest in what goes on in Qatar it's their country and got fuck all to do with me.
IMHO

I shan't be watching.
Ever since we had BLM rammed down our throats by the likes of Sly and all the virtue signalling footballers, including Southgate, (and his patronising letter to supporters explaining that we basically didn't understand what was going on) who then, once it was exposed as the con that it was, turned they're virtue signalling and lecturing, including Sly again, to other causes, which before BLM no footballing cunt had an opinion either way. Of course I want to see my country do well, but I would be more impressed if they are that forthright in they're views on human rights and LGBTQ issues, that they stayed at home.In my opinion football is a release from all the shit that is going on, and shouldn't be used as a platform for political or societal issues. Heard none of this bollocks during the last World Cup, to my knowledge.
I have no interest in what goes on in Qatar it's their country and got fuck all to do with me.
IMHO
👏👏👏👏👏👏

Obviously didn’t read my post. It has nothing to do with being Qatar as to why me and many others are not watching, it’s the rank hypocrisy of the players, management, fa, media and former players who all called us racist for booing what was quite clearly a token woke political gesture when they bent the knee but have conveniently overlooked their morals for this WC.

Had they not been lecturing to me or trying to educate me for the last 2-3 years I would have probably watched it (although this England team bores me to tears). Instead they can go fuck their sanctimonious selves.

Obviously didn’t read my post. It has nothing to do with being Qatar as to why me and many others are not watching, it’s the rank hypocrisy of the players, management, fa, media and former players who all called us racist for booing what was quite clearly a token woke political gesture when they bent the knee but have conveniently overlooked their morals for this WC.

Had they not been lecturing to me or trying to educate me for the last 2-3 years I would have probably watched it (although this England team bores me to tears). Instead they can go fuck their sanctimonious selves.
Well don’t watch England but watch all the other games then?

I don't see any hypocrisy in not wanting our club to be supporting a racist and possibly Marxist political group and also not wanting to be supporting a medieval regime in Qatar or endorsing Fifa in their corrupt choice of venue.

Seems perfectly logical to me. It's our money the BBC are spending on the coverage and as I see it the only way I can object to that is to not watch. I've tried other avenues to complain about the BBC and it's like pissing in the wind.
ITV while being privately funded are still paying for coverage.

I should add that I am still a patriot and don't want to see England fail.

Each to their own. If none of that bothers you then watch.

In 1966 North Korea, a rogue state, played in one of the greatest World Cup games ever.
I don’t remember anyone asking me not to watch the World Cup back then?

Well don’t watch England but watch all the other games then?
To be honest mate, I don’t have much interest in other teams other than Millwall and England, so rarely watch games involving other teams.

Mind you Scarborough has a top of the table clash with Darlington during the WC so might go and watch them if I need a football fix.