If not GR then who…?

Chris Coleman did a reasonable job for Fulham and Wales. Might be looking to get back into full time management,

Steven Reid? Picked up a lot of experience coaching wise might like the step up. Would be a gamble but then arent they all
Michael Appleton, Mark Robbins or Stephen Reid (outside chance risk)
Reid has signed a new contract at Forest, so unless JB stumps up enough cash for the compo, I doubt he’ll be going anywhere!

Same with Robbins! Why would he leave Coventry for us, when they are already in the play offs, and only 2 points off an automatic promotion place?

Also, I doubt JB would a) pay Coventry the compo for Robbins, even if they were mad enough to let him go in the first place, and b) give Robbins enough money to bring in the players he needed, to turn us into a promotion chasing team!

Appleton was a Man U player for three years in the mid 90’s, but never got on the pitch for them!

He did well as the Lincoln City boss last season, but for some reason, this season, the wheels have come off their promotion push somewhat. They currently sit 13th in league 1, four points off the 6th placed play off position, and eleven points off the 2nd automatic promotion place!

I‘m sure Appleton would sign for us, if he knew we were serious about wanting him, but I don’t know if he would be much of an improvement on Drawett! Again, I also think that JB wouldn’t or couldn‘t find the money to pay Lincoln the necessary compo to get Appleton in the first place!

I would like to see an ex forward in the job. We could never afford him but Duncan Ferguson would be ideal.
Could get two for one with big Dunk! He could be player/manager, and play up front! Even at his age, he’d probably still score more goals in a season than any of the forwards we have at the moment! 🤣

“Thinks attacking” that’s who we want!

Cologne: Steffen Baumgart

Cologne held faith with Markus Gisdol until six games from the end, before they brought Friedhelm Funkel back with the team in 17th. He saved them via the play-off against Holstein Kiel, but it was always a temporary solution. The Billy Goats have started afresh and are the only team in the bottom half with a new coach for 2021/22 after appointing 49-year-old Baumgart on a two-year deal following four successful years with Paderborn. A classic baseball cap-wearing coach on the sidelines, he said at his unveiling that he “thinks attacking” and wants to see his team score goals, even if it means shipping a few at the other end.

Members online