Huski up the chocolate River

I have never seen it in any supermarket. I don't know why anyone would want to get involved in the hot chocolate market. When my kids want hot chocolate they won't even consider anything except Cadbury's. There is no doubt the club would sell more shirts without Huski written in massive letters across the front.

I'll have you know Brussels I was a competent certificated Navigator .
Always thought Huski was American but still maintain Smerican confectionary is "yuck"

All American FOOD is sugared, not just confectionary.
You are partly correct, but actually it's not sugar mate; sweetened? Yes. But it ain't sugar. It's High Fructose Corn Syrup, and the septics put it in everything. Even their bacon has HFCS in it! The US corn industry is massive and large amounts of federal money go into it, which is part of the reason that the syrup finds it's way into everything.

You are partly correct, but actually it's not sugar mate; sweetened? Yes. But it ain't sugar. It's High Fructose Corn Syrup, and the septics put it in everything. Even their bacon has HFCS in it! The US corn industry is massive and large amounts of federal money go into it, which is part of the reason that the syrup finds it's way into everything.
Sorry, yes, you are right, of course.
My view, from what I've seen, of HFCS is that it is like sugar, but much worse.
Would that be a fair assessment?

Sorry, yes, you are right, of course.
My view, from what I've seen, of HFCS is that it is like sugar, but much worse.
Would that be a fair assessment?
I'm no expert on sweeteners but I believe the general consensus is yes, HFCS is extremely damaging to the body. Most things that will have sugar added here will instead have HFCS added in the USA; for instance, you will find HFCS in a can of Coca-Cola in the USA, but not here. It gives it a slightly different taste.
I'm lucky in that I literally don't enjoy sweet food or drink, so I tend to avoid the stuff without any effort.

I'm no expert on sweeteners but I believe the general consensus is yes, HFCS is extremely damaging to the body. Most things that will have sugar added here will instead have HFCS added in the USA; for instance, you will find HFCS in a can of Coca-Cola in the USA, but not here. It gives it a slightly different taste.
I'm lucky in that I literally don't enjoy sweet food or drink, so I tend to avoid the stuff without any effort.
I've seen it on the telly, so it must be true.
Everybody knows how harmful it is, yet governments just don't give a shit.
Far too much money involved.

I'm talking about both HFCS and sugar when I say that.
That is why it is so important to keep chickens.
At least I know that my breakfast is as healthy as it can possibly be.

There is a link between the introduction of HFCS and increased obesity in America.
It is highly processed and I can't remember if it's 1 1/2 or 2 1/2 times sweeter than sugar, it was apparently meant as a cheaper alternative to sugar , as you use less, but it seems that companies just used the same amount of it as they did sugar to make products sweeter.
When it comes to looking at your labels, it's the same problem as with salt/sodium, labels says sodium but the salt content is higher, if you don't buy real food and cook yourself you can't be sure how the food you are eating will affect your later years health.

“That is why it is so important to keep chickens.
At least I know that my breakfast is as healthy as it can possibly be.”

You must be rich, all I can afford for breakfast Is cornflakes. I can only have chicken on a Sunday for dinner

Last edited:

Do your hens crow (it's possible) or do you also keep cockerels? If so, how do you put up with the racket?

Do your hens crow (it's possible) or do you also keep cockerels? If so, how do you put up with the racket?
No, they just do the occasional cluck, cluck, cluck.
We had a cockerel at the old house where we had more land. The chickens were quite far from the house. The people next door also had a cockerel and I swear they would call to each other.
It was quite remote so it just seemed like the natural sounds of the countryside.
At this house I have fenced off an area of about 50 square metres at the bottom of the garden and we hardly hear any noise. At the moment there are just the four birds.
The kids have left home so we don’t need so many eggs.
At the old place neighbours would buy our excess eggs.

you eat a chicken for breakfast?
😂😂