How good do you think we are?

I'm gonna be 100% honest here and I truly hope I'm wrong but I think we've missed our chance. Looking at the teams coming down, the league is undoubtedly gonna be stronger next year. The likes of Norwich, Watford, West Brom etc are not all gonna slip up again like they did this year.

Then look at the squad which already came up short this year.
Keepers - Long is ok but not good enough for what we need, Bart a much better keeper but now 35.
Defence - Is aging so won't improve except for Danny getting better with more experience. Hutch, Wallace, Malone all on a downward trend now with age, Cooper won't be far behind.
Midfield - Saville also on the way down now. Billy & Honeyman I like both. Styles I would really like to sign permanently. Flemming will even better next season with a year under his belt.
Forwards - Bradshaw & Watmore both good but no-one else to change it up. Bennett I like but sadly can't stay fit. Slammer is ok but nothing more than that.

Others - Evans simply not good, Leonard I like but can't stay fit and now aging.
Apart from the couple of youngsters that's it, so doesn't look promising.
Unless we can get maybe 7 or 8 good players in I think we'll struggle. But will we have the funds to do that?
Amazing we got to where we did this year but when you actually break the squad downy, you can see why I think our chance has gone.
As I said, I really do hope I'm wrong but the battle may end up being at the other end of the table next season.

I'm gonna be 100% honest here and I truly hope I'm wrong but I think we've missed our chance. Looking at the teams coming down, the league is undoubtedly gonna be stronger next year. The likes of Norwich, Watford, West Brom etc are not all gonna slip up again like they did this year.

Then look at the squad which already came up short this year.
Keepers - Long is ok but not good enough for what we need, Bart a much better keeper but now 35.
Defence - Is aging so won't improve except for Danny getting better with more experience. Hutch, Wallace, Malone all on a downward trend now with age, Cooper won't be far behind.
Midfield - Saville also on the way down now. Billy & Honeyman I like both. Styles I would really like to sign permanently. Flemming will even better next season with a year under his belt.
Forwards - Bradshaw & Watmore both good but no-one else to change it up. Bennett I like but sadly can't stay fit. Slammer is ok but nothing more than that.

Others - Evans simply not good, Leonard I like but can't stay fit and now aging.
Apart from the couple of youngsters that's it, so doesn't look promising.
Unless we can get maybe 7 or 8 good players in I think we'll struggle. But will we have the funds to do that?
Amazing we got to where we did this year but when you actually break the squad downy, you can see why I think our chance has gone.
As I said, I really do hope I'm wrong but the battle may end up being at the other end of the table next season.
I hope that you are wrong but, unfortunately, I agree with the vast majority of what you say. Imo that's a good assessment of our situation.

Without going into last week again, amazing how many people seem to think we should be challenging for play offs. Personally, I probably have us somewhere between 30-40th in the country. So 10-20th in the Championship is good with me. What do you think?

I'm not doing a poll, too much of a technophobe
This season to next is a very different prospect. This season I would say we are better than all three relegation teams, Cardiff, Hudds, QPR, Stoke, Watford, West Brom, Hull, Reading, Brum, Brizzle City. So 11th.

Next season we go down to 14th with the relegated teams but up to 12th, with being better than, Ipswich and Plymouth.

so 11th this season and 12th next.

We got more more points last season.
We did, one point more but this season we won a game more and drew less. Scored four more but conceded five more. Finished with a goal difference of plus seven, one less than previous which was plus eight.

just above average.

desperately need some more flare and creativity. said it last year - you just need one player where the ball is like glue to their feet, a championship say greelish, or a championship zaha, and we would be top 2. that would stretch the play out, allowing our players to find space. at the most, becasue of the average nature of them all, it;s all so frantic, tight, chaotic.

At the moment we’re an established championship club that’s probably two or three real quality players short of a promotion winning side and I think that’s as good as it gets for us in the foreseeable future. As long as Rowett is here and without serious investment we will be a safe bet every season for a 12th to 8th mid table finish.

Personally I’m happy with that but I would like to see us have a proper crack at a cup run. Obviously not win anything but just give out a few bloody noses here and there, we live for days like that.

I'd say Mid to Upper Championship and we are punching above our weight with the finance we have at the moment. I'm happy with Championship football with more wins than we would certainly get if we went up into no-mans-land.

Relegation has to be avoided, at all costs! Wouldn’t want to experience again what the spotters have been going through these past 3 (going into 4 now), seasons!

We did, one point more but this season we won a game more and drew less. Scored four more but conceded five more. Finished with a goal difference of plus seven, one less than previous which was plus eight.
and Bradshaw scored more often last season, every 150 minutes, this season was every 180 minutes.

I never felt we were as good as our League position suggested, but the way everyone seemed to be chucking points away as well, I suppose the table doesn't lie. I appreciate GR is as good a manager as we will get at this level and he has established us as a championship team, but I haven't enjoyed many games this year and am not particularly buzzing about watching it all again next season.
A few signings of players who can preferably keep hold of the ball , move it quickly when they need to and make themselves available when others have it and above all else pass to another member of their own team and who knows,.