Honeyman

I don't think Billy deserves to be dropped.
I can’t knock his work rate at all, but he’s not good enough I’m afraid. He’d make a very very good league 1 player, but his decision making on the ball isn’t good enough or quick enough for the Championship if we want to progress. Midfielders need to be more than just good closers down these days. Mitchell’s first instinct is to pass backwards or sideways and the pass is never in front of the man always behind. He looks panicky and never fills me with any confidence. When he switches play the ball comes down with snow on it.

De Norre, Saville and Honeyman are quite clearly a cut above in my eyes. Between them they’re as good defensively but also better in an attacking sense.

No bigger club will come in for him that’s for sure. He’s at an age where there’s not much room left for development either. If a League 1 club came knocking with a decent 6 figure bid I’d bite their hand off and reinvest.

Molumby was the one that got away. Brighton wanted £2m only for him to end up going for £1.2m to West Brom a couple of years later.

I can’t knock his work rate at all, but he’s not good enough I’m afraid. He’d make a very very good league 1 player, but his decision making on the ball isn’t good enough or quick enough for the Championship if we want to progress. Midfielders need to be more than just good closers down these days. Mitchell’s first instinct is to pass backwards or sideways and the pass is never in front of the man always behind. He looks panicky and never fills me with any confidence. When he switches play the ball comes down with snow on it.

De Norre, Saville and Honeyman are quite clearly a cut above in my eyes. Between them they’re as good defensively but also better in an attacking sense.

No bigger club will come in for him that’s for sure. He’s at an age where there’s not much room left for development either. If a League 1 club came knocking with a decent 6 figure bid I’d bite their hand off and reinvest.

Molumby was the one that got away. Brighton wanted £2m only for him to end up going for £1.2m to West Brom a couple of years later.
If you sat where I do you would hear our bench telling him to drop back, Even when we have a corner, He's one of the best passers at the club, That's for your league 1 comment utter nonsense, Rowett picked him, JE has no problem picking him I suppose they are league 1 Managers.

If you sat where I do you would hear our bench telling him to drop back, Even when we have a corner, He's one of the best passers at the club, That's for your league 1 comment utter nonsense, Rowett picked him, JE has no problem picking him I suppose they are league 1 Managers.
Totally agree, never gives the ball away, breaks up the opposition play. I have noticed that his forward play has improved in the last few games, can only assume that Joe has given him the green light and confidence to do so. I think Billy will come out as a much improved player over the remainder of the season

Worth €4 million according to Flash Scores :shrug:

Billy Mitchell
Market value: €4.0m
Millwall
Contract expires: 30.06.2025

When everyone’s fit he’ll be on the bench and that will give an indication of how highly JE rates him!

When everyone’s fit he’ll be on the bench and that will give an indication of how highly JE rates him!
Which part of his play is so wrong?
First instinct is to win the ball, keep possession and pass to a team mate.
Can't pass forwards if there is virtually no one up front, or those that are, are static and heavily marked. Hence pass sideways or back to keep possession.
He plays where the Manager/coach tell him to, doing the job they want him to. I hope and expect him to thrive under JE. Yes he has room for improvement, which of our squad doesn't?

He's played over a hundred games in the championship, You've got a downer on him no idea why.
Ben Thompson played 142 games for Millwall 🤷‍♂️

I’ve listed my issues with Billy many times over, often supporting them with examples that could be checked by watching match highlights.

I’ve not got a downer on him, I simply don’t rate him. Time will prove which of us is right and if I’m wrong I’ll be the first to hold my hand up.

Similar accusations were made about my assessments of Sid Nelson and Thommo and what happened in their cases?

It must be like how I hate Scousers.
Purely hates BM.
I reckon BM must have beaten him at golf.
If he played golf like he played football he’d probably beat me because he keeps his eye on the ball (an asset in golf) but unfortunately in football a player who ball watches can be a liability 🤷‍♂️