Honeyman out of season start!

I am certain Rowett will be playing with three centre-backs this season, at least to start. The reasoning being that way you can play two strikers up front, Flemming as a number 10 and Esse potentially as a number 8. It also allows Joe Bryan to play in his best position as a left wing-back, with the emphasis on his attacking output which has been excellent at this level.

And again... his last 6 seasons. 42, 35, 42, 42, 35, 40 league games.
What injury prone history are we talking about?

Wasn't just singling out Honeyman... Was just an example of how much our squad gets injured, surely you haven't forgotten last season already?

Other than last season, seeing as you've just searched his stats for games... how many of those did he start? sub appearances? Like you've said, League Two, One and Championship have over 45 LEAGUE games a season. Including cup games (Ignoring last season.), FA cup, Carabao and In league 1 and 2 which those stats you've highlighted above, the Saint jonstones trophy (whatever its called) which you take into account too when he played for Sunderland.

A total overall season is around 50/60 games. So he's missed around 15 games a season on average from the stats you provided. Further proving my point to a degree, Cheers Geoff.

Well actually. He missed the 2nd game of the season because he was suspended for the red card in the Cup game against Cambridge. Then played in 39 games in a row and then missed the last 5 through injury. So, in fact, none of those were "coming back from injury".

Started all 39 in a row did he? Hm. No niggles throughout that, that meant he missed the odd game or so inbetween? HM.

Started all 39 in a row did he? Hm. No niggles throughout that, that meant he missed the odd game or so inbetween? HM.
Ffs clutching at straw's there ain't yer?
He was either in the 11 or on the bench so clearly not injured, otherwise he wouldn't have been picked obviously.
And no, he didn't miss the odd game or so inbeteween. He either started on came off the bench in all 39.
Hope that clarifies it enough for you.

Wasn't just singling out Honeyman... Was just an example of how much our squad gets injured, surely you haven't forgotten last season already?

Other than last season, seeing as you've just searched his stats for games... how many of those did he start? sub appearances? Like you've said, League Two, One and Championship have over 45 LEAGUE games a season. Including cup games (Ignoring last season.), FA cup, Carabao and In league 1 and 2 which those stats you've highlighted above, the Saint jonstones trophy (whatever its called) which you take into account too when he played for Sunderland.

A total overall season is around 50/60 games. So he's missed around 15 games a season on average from the stats you provided. Further proving my point to a degree, Cheers Geoff.
Again clutching at straws.
Maybe he got dropped or was suspended for some games. Maybe he was injured. I don't know. Those numbers I quoted don't in anyway suggest that is the case
You were the one who claimed he has a history of being injury prone but have absolutely nothing to back it up with.

Ffs clutching at straw's there ain't yer?
He was either in the 11 or on the bench so clearly not injured, otherwise he wouldn't have been picked obviously.
And no, he didn't miss the odd game or so inbeteween. He either started on came off the bench in all 39.
Hope that clarifies it enough for you.
My main point being that if he was always "fit" he'd be playing around 50/60 games a season... Prime example of someone prior to last season who in comparison to Honeymoon is always fit, is Jake Cooper. The guy played over a 100 games in a row... Telling me Honeyman has ever done anything like that?

Not really clutching at straws when your point is being that he isn't injury prone but the guy can't go a season without an injury ruling him out for a least a month a season....

Why do you think he's a sub? not good enough to start? then why is he in the team? ... Most likely reason to him being a sub is that he isnt FIT enough to complete 90 mins.

If you want to really go into details, just compare him to the main stays within the team throughout the year, you'll soon realise how many games he misses.

Again clutching at straws.
Maybe he got dropped or was suspended for some games. Maybe he was injured. I don't know. Those numbers I quoted don't in anyway suggest that is the case
You were the one who claimed he has a history of being injury prone but have absolutely nothing to back it up with.

The bloke is 28 nearly 29. In his career he has played just under 250 games. Made his debut 10 years ago.

On average over his 10 year career, he has averaged 24.1 games a season... basically meaning he misses half a season, every season.

Case closed really and truly.

My main point being that if he was always "fit" he'd be playing around 50/60 games a season...
50/60 games a season? What we doing winning the FA Cup and Champions League?
In that case the whole squad is injury prone as none started more 45. Better bin off the lot of them.
And as I said maybe left out for tactical reason not necessarily injured.

But anyway, I leave you to it. Totally clueless.

50/60 games a season? What we doing winning the FA Cup and Champions League?
In that case the whole squad is injury prone as none started more 45. Better bin off the lot of them.
And as I said maybe left out for tactical reason not necessarily injured.

But anyway, I leave you to it. Totally clueless.

None started more than 45 as the majority of the squad was injured at least once last season... that was the main reason why our form was so inconsistent last year. The GK even changed throughout the season...

46 League games plus the odd, Carabao, FA Cup, Papa Johns Cup games or whatever its called nowadays, Could easily result into over 50 games played a season. Pre season can be somewhat included too, especially games close to the start of the season.

Totally clueless is a bit extreme :LOL: but each to their own.