Honeyman out of season start!

Danny Mac desperately needs some competition for his position. Not sure it will do him much good knowing he’s walking in to the side again from the off.

GR was trying Honeyman out at right back, maybe now he will be forced in to the market. Unless of course he is happy to rely on Leonard as cover/rotation for the first 6-8 weeks of the season.

Unless of course he is happy to rely on Leonard as cover/rotation for the first 6-8 weeks of the season.
That's interesting. I always thought Leonard could play in the middle. We have Bryant and Wallace who can fill in at left back although not ideal. Maybe it could be a blessing cause i'm not sure we get the best from Honeyman from defence. On top of that Leonard and his injury record brings it's own risks.

The player that did a season on loan in Scotland, name escapes me. Is he ready for this division and where in the back four does he play?

That's interesting. I always thought Leonard could play in the middle. We have Bryant and Wallace who can fill in at left back although not ideal. Maybe it could be a blessing cause i'm not sure we get the best from Honeyman from defence. On top of that Leonard and his injury record brings it's own risks.

The player that did a season on loan in Scotland, name escapes me. Is he ready for this division and where in the back four does he play?
If you’re talking about Alex Mitchell - he is an out and out centre half. I don’t know whether he will end up being in with a chance of the first team, I suspect Chin Okoli could end up eclipsing him.

If you’re talking about Alex Mitchell - he is an out and out centre half. I don’t know whether he will end up being in with a chance of the first team, I suspect Chin Okoli could end up eclipsing him.
Cheers mate.

Maybe this injury could force GR’s hand into getting some cover at right back. He might argue that he could play Billy or Lenny there as an emergency but this could be 8 or 9 weeks that Honeyman is out. Kyle Walker could be out of our price range but I am sure there could be others who could fit the bill. I don’t think we have a right back in the ‘21’s who could step in. We just need cover and I am sure that Alex and his team might have a solution. Watch this space!

Literally going to be a repeat throughout the remaining seasons for players like Honeymoon whilst here.

Probably average 20 games a season. Very good player to have but again, like Bennett, Watmore and others, they aren't consistently fit enough throughout the course of the season to be relied upon.

This was our main issue last season IMO. Not enough consistency within the squad and starting XI to build momentum/team spirit to carry us through the tough periods. Prime example, last 5 games of the season, & having to amend a winning team against Blackpool due to injuries.

Must be a massive headache for the Manager. But these players who are injury prone, GR has hand a hand in signing. Barring Leonard.

We have the players to do well in the league for sure, just consistency and fitness our main concern.

Oh, and another right back as mentioned would be ideal! & Nesbit hitting the ground running... Probably asking for too much as per!!!

Literally going to be a repeat throughout the remaining seasons for players like Honeymoon whilst here.

Probably average 20 games a season. Very good player to have but again, like Bennett, Watmore and others, they aren't consistently fit enough throughout the course of the season to be relied upon.

This was our main issue last season IMO. Not enough consistency within the squad and starting XI to build momentum/team spirit to carry us through the tough periods. Prime example, last 5 games of the season, & having to amend a winning team against Blackpool due to injuries.

Must be a massive headache for the Manager. But these players who are injury prone, GR has hand a hand in signing. Barring Leonard.

We have the players to do well in the league for sure, just consistency and fitness our main concern.

Oh, and another right back as mentioned would be ideal! & Nesbit hitting the ground running... Probably asking for too much as per!!!
Our supposed Millwall way dont help

Everyone quick to jump in calling Honeyman injury prone.
He played in 40 games last season!
Still, don't let the facts get in the way of moaning.

40 games mate but of which and how many of them games were sub appearance's after coming back from injury? or sub appearance's in general.

I don't want to be classing him as injury prone, but his history speaks otherwise. Same with a good few of our players recently signed.

Bennett played between 20-30 matches last year... A lot of our fans would of most likely wanted to of kept him if he wasn't injured as often. Will be the same outcome for the other lads as time goes on IMO. Would loved to be proved wrong though!

The opinions were mixed on Leonard staying too.

40 games mate but of which and how many of them games were sub appearance's after coming back from injury? or sub appearance's in general.
There's 46 games In the league and we didn't go on any cup runs so If he was an Injured sub on the regular we either have the best physio department In football or he has the legs of Lazarus.

If we play a diamond 4 in midfield it would be a lot easier for other squad players to fill in……. If the intention is to play with wingbacks (and I really, really hope we don’t especially after sitting 4th from bottom playing it last season) then we’ll have to go out and buy someone specifically who plays in that role as its a bitch of a position to play.

Well actually. He missed the 2nd game of the season because he was suspended for the red card in the Cup game against Cambridge. Then played in 39 games in a row and then missed the last 5 through injury. So, in fact, none of those were "coming back from injury".

Members online