HARRIS

We have the players i just think it's a motivation issue when we have the smaller teams. Same for the fans. It's much easier to be up for it when the bigger scalps turn up. Has been like that in all the years i've been going. Walk down Ilderton for a big cup game and i fancy us to win. Following week i expect us to under perform against Rotherham or Doncaster etc,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
For sure, but we need to get out of that mental 'stigma' or whatever it is, to be able to raise our game. But saying that, if we did... we may end up in the Premiership :shake:

Maybe we're not as big as some fans like to think. You only have to look at what happened with Rowett to see part of the problem. Arrogance, ignorance and self entitlement is not a good mix.
Personally I don't think trying to rid a mental 'stigma'/lack of focus etc is being arrogant/ignorance etc in anyway if it is to try and get a psychological edge over the opposition... the point of playing is to win (obviously) but surely any half decent manager would try to avoid making the same mistakes over and over again... that loss against Rotherham and then Huddersfield on the spin is a classic example, NH had the team playing well then whether it was over confidence/arrogance or whatever could have easily ended up as our banana skin and dropped in league one, thankfully this time NH got us out of it but trying to not be in that position in the first place would be preferable... a mosh pit of opinions in there I know.

Most teams fall foul of taking the opposition for granted and get given a real shock. We are certainly as guilty as other teams in that. Another point worth considering is that we don’t tend to have many players who can unlock a team sitting deep. We tend to be more effective on the counter attack when the opposition defence is not set which usually happens against the so called ‘better’ teams.

Personally I don't think trying to rid a mental 'stigma'/lack of focus etc is being arrogant/ignorance
Neither do i. I'm referring to us the supporters. Better be more precise- some, a section of.
Maybe we're not as big as some fans like to think.
My first sentence ^^^^
Arrogance, ignorance and self entitlement is not a good mix.
Arrogant as in think we just have to turn up to beat the so called lesser teams.

Ignorant as in not aware of the constraints that a club our size are bound by- spending power etc.

Self entitlement- Thinking we should be beating A,B or C just because they think A,B or C are shit. We should be in the premier because i/we think we should be.- We should be beating them because i expect us to-attitude-

The mob that sung that shit at Rowett i would consider to be self entitled. Certain fans turned on him because they expected us to make the play offs and/or be promoted. No thought or consideration as to what we were up against money wise and that there's 23 other clubs in the division.

but surely any half decent manager would try to avoid making the same mistakes over and over again..
Who's to say that they don't? No manager or player for that matter go out to lose on purpose. What if that manager is up against his equal or a better manager? What you've said is what i mean by fans arrogance. There are lots of things/factors that need to go your way in a match before you win. They're not forgone conclusions are they!

As it happens Barnsley isn't a great example because our H2H record against them is not bad. 25 wins to there 26 and 14 draws. it just seems that way. Same for Rotherham- 17 wins for us, 14 for them, 11 draws. They won one of our last seven meetings and five out of the last fifteen.

Perhaps those defeats have come at defining moments and we feel them more. Barnsley done us at Wembley. Wigan fall into the pissing on our chips bracket although we have the upper hand over them from total games played by not a huge margin. W13 D12 L10. but again defining games that stick in the memory. Two Wembley defeats.

The spotters have beaten us 12 times in 76 attempts.

Statwanker mode off-----------

that loss against Rotherham and then Huddersfield on the spin is a classic example,
To be fair we should have buried Rotherham that day.

NH got us out of it but trying to not be in that position in the first place would be preferable.
Indeed but that's football for you and why you can;t take nothing for granted!

Who's to say that they don't? No manager or player for that matter go out to lose on purpose. What if that manager is up against his equal or a better manager? What you've said is what i mean by fans arrogance. There are lots of things/factors that need to go your way in a match before you win. They're not forgone conclusions are they!
Obviously there are going to be some fans out there that think we should (I'm sure most fans have been guilty of that at some point in their life) but my point (which may have not come across properly) was the 'players' who 'turn up' expecting 3 points and getting played off the field (or the gaffer playing the 2nd team)... we've seen other teams do it against us and get punished... we should play ALL games as a 'cup final' regardless of outcome... I'd rather see us get hammered 5-0 (prefer not to obviously) but knowing that they put their heart and soul into their trade.

I have been going over 60 years and its always been the same it must be in our DNA nothing to do with the Managers both good and bad.
The so called lesser clubs come to our place thinking - “we aren’t expected to win, so it’s a free hit”.

That attitude against what is normally a mid table Millwall side is good enough to cause us problems and make it hard for us to walk over shit teams at home.

As you stated - it’s now firmly in our DNA. Maybe the season when it changes, is the season when we do something really special? Who knows.

Our defence at home since Neil took over must be the best in the league.
Just one penalty conceded in how many games?

Worst manager ever! Don’t think so. Very surprised but over the moon as to the fantastic results he has achieved. Same players but different desire to play for a manager who understood what they could achieve, as opposed to a novice who would not or could not adapt.
Let’s beat the sheep shaggers next week and finish on a high.
Going to be an interesting summer but looking forward to next season with the worst Millwall manager ever who has just taken 23 points from his short reign!

The Championship just keeps getting tougher next season will certainly be no different. We will need to recruit well.
Derby ,Pompey ,Sheff utd , maybe Forest, and others, will all have a pound or two to spend.
Gonna be very interesting to say the least , let's hope we can uncover a couple of goalscorers to go with the guts ,fight and fucking determination that we already have.
So proud of the boys the way they battled through this season, after all the difficulties JB ,change of managers and more than our fair share of injuries to key players at crucial times. A final day win would be great.
Onwards and hopefully upwards.
Bomber and the lads take a bow.
COYL

Well done to Neil Harris, his staff and the squad. They have all done a great job and certainly turned the home form around. There's a good feel about the club again, especially after what happened at the start of the season.

If I'm honest, NH surprised me, I wasn't sure he had it in him. It's usually difficult for a previous manager to slot straight back in and lift the club they managed before, galvanise the players to raise their game and perform, and then turn things around. But he did, and some more.

:tophat: