Half Price Tickets

The other thing with having a phone with you all the time is when something a little unexpected might happen resulting in enquiries by the ob. Something reasonably serious and had your phone in your pocket? Good luck with that cos you are in the shit.
You’re so right, I’m thinking of murdering someone soon, someone who deserves it obviously & I’m trying to commit the perfect crime. Now It’s bad enough with CCTV everywhere but you can’t take your phone with you either or it starts pinging off phone masts all over the place & some tech kid will turn up in court & prove you were at the scene. Bloody liberty in my book

No, the profile seems to just allow you to get onto the ticket page.
I select my ticket and then pay with debit card, the club doesn't have my bank details.
I got that far then it asked me for method of payment but gave no options, ended up phoning the ticket office to get one fora mate for Swansea. Was told to come to the ticket office and they'll show me what to do. Doubt that i'll bother if that's the way things are going.

I got that far then it asked me for method of payment but gave no options, ended up phoning the ticket office to get one fora mate for Swansea. Was told to come to the ticket office and they'll show me what to do. Doubt that i'll bother if that's the way things are going.
Different attitude to what I got, should invite them round to yours instead of you going to them.
Perhaps Kavanagh need a reminder of who has played their part in getting the club to where it is today.

Can't help thinking that the country is going to f*cked when china decide we can't have access to the internet for a week, sometime in the future.

You’re so right, I’m thinking of murdering someone soon, someone who deserves it obviously & I’m trying to commit the perfect crime. Now It’s bad enough with CCTV everywhere but you can’t take your phone with you either or it starts pinging off phone masts all over the place & some tech kid will turn up in court & prove you were at the scene. Bloody liberty in my book
Bloody hell OAG, I was talking about something unexpected, you seem to have it all thought through...

I hope you will be an ethical serial killer, and slaughter in a carbon-neutral manner. That's what I'd do.

Had a quick look at our season 30 years ago, charlton and west ham in the division and I don't think a single game was all ticket except the last game at the Den.
Waking up on a Saturday morning and deciding whether you were going to football home or away, now the clubs decide whether they want you or not, can't wait for the bubble to burst.

Any one know what time this put one line Ibought one for my brother by phone a 2pm today
They gave you a code which presumably (as Peckham has alluded to) is for on line sales. I was buying an extra ticket in the family enclosure which ironically you can’t do on line and have to ring up for instead :slap:

They gave you a code which presumably (as Peckham has alluded to) is for on line sales. I was buying an extra ticket in the family enclosure which ironically you can’t do on line and have to ring up for instead :slap:
They accepted my code which they had to hand when i got a ticket over the phone today. Maybe worth giving them a call on Monday to see if they can apply the discount now and credit your account. Don't ask don't get!

I renewed my season tickets at the ticket office last week cos I knew how much grief it would be bollocksing about with that stupid fuckin profile thing. Even the girl at the ticket office said it had fucked everything up since they brought it in
We renewed ours recently at the ticket office as well for the same reason as you.
Also, some months back, we took grandson to pizza hut after school. Got in there and no paper menus. Wanted us to order by phone. I said no way. So walked out.

I always make the effort to get down to the ground and simply hand over the cash when I have to renew my ST. I do the same if I need an away ticket, I can’t be doing with pissing around online then hoping that the postman delivers on time.

Mind you it’s a nuisance even doing that nowadays. I went to the ticket office the other week to get a couple of away briefs and was standing there for ages while the kid fucked around on the computer, looking at my ST then moving the mouse around staring at the screen then looking down again then looking at the screen again quizzically with a baffled look. He then walked off, came back scratched his head, pressed a few buttons, started writing things down before playing around with the mouse again. After 10 minutes of fucking around and me freezing my bollocks off he finally handed over the tickets. Why does everything have to be song complicated these days? I thought technology was supposed to make things easier.

I always make the effort to get down to the ground and simply hand over the cash when I have to renew my ST. I do the same if I need an away ticket, I can’t be doing with pissing around online then hoping that the postman delivers on time.

Mind you it’s a nuisance even doing that nowadays. I went to the ticket office the other week to get a couple of away briefs and was standing there for ages while the kid fucked around on the computer, looking at my ST then moving the mouse around staring at the screen then looking down again then looking at the screen again quizzically with a baffled look. He then walked off, came back scratched his head, pressed a few buttons, started writing things down before playing around with the mouse again. After 10 minutes of fucking around and me freezing my bollocks off he finally handed over the tickets. Why does everything have to be song complicated these days? I thought technology was supposed to make things easier.
Problems comes when you know certain matches will sell out, for those who can't get to the ground at the right time means buying online is the only chance to get a ticket.

Do you remember when the paper tickets were in a pile next to the worker and she would just lift one from the pile and hand it to you in exchange for cash?
They would also know when the tickets were all gone because there would be none left on the table. Happy days, long gone.

If it is any comfort, it is not just Millwall. I went to the Bureau de Poste the other day to buy some stamps.
It used to be the same as the old ticket system at the Den I described above, only with stamps.
I went to the counter and asked for stamps. The woman directed me to a machine in the lobby, which I refuse to learn how to use. Apart from anything else, I have to kneel on the floor to use the screen as it is designed for 5 foot French old ladies and blokes.

Anyway, the performance just to buy a little book of stamps is unbelievable. The machines are designed to do away with staff, but I always get the staff member to do it for me. I tell her that if I get on my knees to use her stupid machine there is a very good chance I won't be able to get back up again. Works every time.
It is a pyrric victory as it still wastes my time, but at least I have wasted hers as well.

And, please, don't even get me started about banks...I'll save that story for another day when I'm a bit less stressed.

Suffice to say that I went to the bank the other day to pay in 2000€ in cash. (I had just sold an old car belonging to my son) The woman looked at my as if I had a hand full of human excrement, ran off in a panic to try and find a colleague to deal with me as she had never been trained how to deal with cash.
That is the gospel honest truth.
The world has gone nuts.

Oooops, sorry, I told the story anyway. have a nice day everyone. COYL

[QUOTE="BigPaul, post: 919424, member: 152"QUOTE]

Suffice to say that I went to the bank the other day to pay in 2000€ in cash. (I had just sold an old car belonging to my son) The woman looked at my as if I had a hand full of human excrement, ran off in a panic to try and find a colleague to deal with me as she had never been trained how to deal with cash.
The world has gone nuts.

[/QUOTE]
If it was as simple as that then you were bloody lucky.

We sold our car for €1500 a couple of years. I went to the bank to pay this in and was asked for my Id card, a copy of the 'pink' form (confirmation of transfer of ownership of the car) and a copy of the 'certificate de conformité'. Of course, I didn't have a copy of these latter two documents. "Sorry. You cannot make a deposit in that case" Wtf!!

[QUOTE="BigPaul, post: 919424, member: 152"QUOTE]

The world has gone nuts.
If it was as simple as that then you were bloody lucky.

We sold our car for €1500 a couple of years. I went to the bank to pay this in and was asked for my Id card, a copy of the 'pink' form (confirmation of transfer of ownership of the car) and a copy of the 'certificate de conformité'. Of course, I didn't have a copy of these latter two documents. "Sorry. You cannot make a deposit in that case" Wtf!!
[/QUOTE]
They did not ask for the origin of the money, though I am aware that there is a limit for the amount of cash you are allowed to carry under any circumstances.
I'm not certain, but I think it is around 5 grand.
They say it's all to try and crack down on the proceeds of crime, but some people think it is more sinister than that.

Anyway, it turns out it was not that complicated. I put my bank card into the machine in the bank, picked the right option and the machine counted the 40 x 50€ notes and the amount was credited to my account immediately.
What shocked me ws the true panic on the face of the woman when I arrived.
At first she tried to tell me I could not pay in because it was the afternoon.
I told her not to be ridiculous, this is a BANK!
It still shocks people in positions like that that I can understand and respond in French and stand my ground.
She thought she could take the piss out of the stupid Englishman. Bitch.