Gary Rowett

Give it 2 weeks, the same posts in this thread will be here again and with good reason

You never see Rowett animated on the touch line. If, (and it’s a very big if), he told the players at HT to keep pressing and not to play deep, then surely, when the players aren’t doing as he wants them to, why doesn’t he scream and shout at them?

When the ball goes out for a throw, Rowett should be talking to any one of his players near him, telling him to spread the word that they’re playing too deep and change it, but Rowett does nothing!

How does he expect to change the game, when he doesn’t impose himself enough on the players? He’s the manager, for fuck’s sake!

Making a knee-jerk comment right now would be stupid because we have barely trained, got multiple players out, some that are playing have had covid, played a tough game only a few days ago and basically had to field the same team.

But I am stupid so I will say that was very winnable despite all these reasons. Rowett could and should have managed that game better and his substitutions are maddening.

If I were being reasonable I'd say that Bristol City barely created anything 2nd half and the two chances they had they took. I'd also say we were extremely unfortunate.

Making a knee-jerk comment right now would be stupid because we have barely trained, got multiple players out, some that are playing have had covid, played a tough game only a few days ago and basically had to field the same team.

But I am stupid so I will say that was very winnable despite all these reasons. Rowett could and should have managed that game better and his substitutions are maddening.

If I were being reasonable I'd say that Bristol City barely created anything 2nd half and the two chances they had they took. I'd also say we were extremely unfortunate.

Agree with this and although our main problem was not having anyone to directly replace a tiring Ojo with Wallace, Bennett and Mahoney all missing for one reason or another we really should have gone for that killer third goal when we had the chance after HT.

I’ve lost count of the number of times this season we’ve got ourselves in a good position only to fuck it up in the next game. That’s the mark of a mid table side I guess.

Agree with this and although our main problem was not having anyone to directly replace a tiring Ojo with Wallace, Bennett and Mahoney all missing for one reason or another we really should have gone for that killer third goal when we had the chance after HT.

I’ve lost count of the number of times this season we’ve got ourselves in a good position only to fuck it up in the next game. That’s the mark of a mid table side I guess.
Should have got Malone on for Ojo

A bit unlucky perhaps but authors of our own misfortune too.

Same old Millwall regardless of who the manager is. A few good performances followed by defeat, it's the way it is. If it's not the manager fucking up it's a player, that;'s what you get with the crowds and money we get. I can;t see how anyone expected a play off spot with our small and limited squad, more so since the £8 million losses due to covid. Staying in this division and having a good cup is about all we'll get unless we sell our soul and identity to a dodgepot billionaire that wants a plaything.

Same old Millwall regardless of who the manager is. A few good performances followed by defeat, it's the way it is. If it's not the manager fucking up it's a player, that;'s what you get with the crowds and money we get. I can;t see how anyone expected a play off spot with our small and limited squad, more so since the £8 million losses due to covid. Staying in this division and having a good cup is about all we'll get unless we sell our soul and identity to a dodgepot billionaire that wants a plaything.
Can't disagree with any of that and to be honest the first thing I think about each season is still how many points we are away from a relegation spot. Yet, it sometimes seems like we're knocking on the door of the play offs. And I'm not sure that we're really any worse than Huddersfield who are in a play off spot. It's the hope that kills you...