Gary Rowett post match interview.

I think it's taken a while but Rowett has now finally grown to understand us and what we ask for as fans.
I've made no secret that I was a "Rowett out" for the first two seasons and regardless of where we finished most of the football was dire, the bore draws, one shot on target per game etc.
Then he was trying to change the way we played with 5 at the back and playing more "football", possession based etc which the players never seemed particularly comfortable with, and let's be honest, other teams do that far better than our players are capable of. He was trying to turn us into something we're not.
Rowett has now seemed to realise that that doesn't work for us. So, we had glimpses last season of going a bit more direct again, getting forward a bit quicker. It was a lot better on patches.
And now finally the return to 4 at the back that the defence are comfortable, and solid, with and making us harder to beat again or at least to play against. But... now we also have added ballers of Flemming, Honeyman, Styles & Shack and now pace with Watmore & Burke. We now have that balance where we have multiple options going forward. We can go direct or we can play it down the channels or through the middle all just as well. Not so one dimensional.
And just to clarify, I don't base my opinions purely on results, its performances that matter. If we battle for everything and at least try to win the game, even if we end up getting beaten, then I'm happy.
I said earlier 4231 seems to suit us. Remember getting overrun in midfield, not now more solid. More of a goal threat too, just wish we put away a couple more of the easier ones.

I think he is a fantastic manager. We are more than punching above our weight and that is down to him.

I like him a lot. He isn't flash, never says things for effect or to try to and pander or endear himself to the fans, he says it like he sees it. The team we have now reflects the manager. Hard-working, honest, not trying to be something they are not and a great team spirit.

He definitely "gets" what Millwall is all about and has for a while. When he defended the club and fans after the QPR knee incident, he really impressed me and went up in my estimation ten-fold. He has commented many times about the efforts our fans have made charitably and it hardly ever gets a mention.

As chairman and manager combinations go, you'd have to have a good think about a better one in our history.

Contrast this with the total embarrassment I witnessed last night seeing Palace fans on Match Of The Day. A fucking banner saying something about "channelling energy" (???!!!!????????!!!) and red and blue shiny paper.

I nearly vomited.

Just watched it on Millwall TV plus.
What an absolutely top man we have as our manager.
He really gets everything about us. Fans, the spirit in the team, the acadamy, the whole fucking shooting match.
No whingeing about the ref, QPR going down quicker than a whore's drawers.

All about his team, his players, his fans, his club.

GR, I applaud you and I support you 100% :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Watch it on the OS, if you can.
Gary if I have told you once, I have told you a hundred times. If you post on here please have the decency to do it under your own name.

I think he is a fantastic manager. We are more than punching above our weight and that is down to him.

I like him a lot. He isn't flash, never says things for effect or to try to and pander or endear himself to the fans, he says it like he sees it. The team we have now reflects the manager. Hard-working, honest, not trying to be something they are not and a great team spirit.

He definitely "gets" what Millwall is all about and has for a while. When he defended the club and fans after the QPR knee incident, he really impressed me and went up in my estimation ten-fold. He has commented many times about the efforts our fans have made charitably and it hardly ever gets a mention.

As chairman and manager combinations go, you'd have to have a good think about a better one in our history.
Reading this got me thinking, why QPR didn’t take the knee yesterday? :unsure: