Gary Rowett post match interview.

BigPaul

Just watched it on Millwall TV plus.
What an absolutely top man we have as our manager.
He really gets everything about us. Fans, the spirit in the team, the acadamy, the whole fucking shooting match.
No whingeing about the ref, QPR going down quicker than a whore's drawers.

All about his team, his players, his fans, his club.

GR, I applaud you and I support you 100% :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Watch it on the OS, if you can.

Came over to celebrate with the fans, he's usually quite reserved. Looked like he enjoyed that today. Hope he enjoys what ever his tipple is tonight. He's a very shrewd and decent manager.
Yes Peckham noticed that on the box at the end.
He looks very comfortable being our manager and saying good things about our support and the club.
Really good to see him showing some passion at the final whistle and saluting the fans.
He has silenced the Rowett out mob for the time being , long may it continue.
A very clued up championship manager, we are lucky to have him and JB.

Stability, trust in one another, not allowing one personality to dominate, hard working, a sense of pride in their work, money can't buy those things in modern day football.
I won't go as far as saying they have earnt their pay as most footballer's are grossly overpaid but I think JB can be pleased that his employees are performing to a high level.
I keep saying it , there can't be many fans left in Britain that are still clinging on to the good old days of football that belongs to the working class and perhaps these players understand it a bit or as much as they can.

Knowing that with us sitting in 5th spot really pisses off a lot of people puts the icing on the cake as well.

My mate (QPR fan by birth) works with the Millwall community set up and I regularly remind him I’m glad that his career has ended up with us and I quote his reply “ yeah it’s a proper club with proper people mate. People who aren’t fans don’t see that and although I’m not, got to say it’s a proper family.”

I think it's taken a while but Rowett has now finally grown to understand us and what we ask for as fans.
I've made no secret that I was a "Rowett out" for the first two seasons and regardless of where we finished most of the football was dire, the bore draws, one shot on target per game etc.
Then he was trying to change the way we played with 5 at the back and playing more "football", possession based etc which the players never seemed particularly comfortable with, and let's be honest, other teams do that far better than our players are capable of. He was trying to turn us into something we're not.
Rowett has now seemed to realise that that doesn't work for us. So, we had glimpses last season of going a bit more direct again, getting forward a bit quicker. It was a lot better on patches.
And now finally the return to 4 at the back that the defence are comfortable, and solid, with and making us harder to beat again or at least to play against. But... now we also have added ballers of Flemming, Honeyman, Styles & Shack and now pace with Watmore & Burke. We now have that balance where we have multiple options going forward. We can go direct or we can play it down the channels or through the middle all just as well. Not so one dimensional.
And just to clarify, I don't base my opinions purely on results, its performances that matter. If we battle for everything and at least try to win the game, even if we end up getting beaten, then I'm happy.

It's taken a few seasons of careful spending, shrewd business, and JBs backing, but GR seems to have got his team together.
With a goal each from the new signings this afternoon, and incredible support, there must be a real feel-good factor about the club.
Long may it last.
Is it too premature (story of my life), to hope we don't take our foot off the pedal, and look at finishing the season in the top 6?

It's taken a few seasons of careful spending, shrewd business, and JBs backing, but GR seems to have got his team together.
With a goal each from the new signings this afternoon, and incredible support, there must be a real feel-good factor about the club.
Long may it last.
Is it too premature (story of my life), to hope we don't take our foot off the pedal, and look at finishing the season in the top 6?
It's not just on the pitch either, it's off the pitch too.
I've said to my son that when going to the games that I'm not sure what it is but it "feels" different at The Den this season. The club are really trying to do something. All little things but they all add up.
There's the blue bus area with the bar, DJs and bands, German sausage stall and pie & mash stall. The pre-match bits getting local youth clubs involved. The ticket windows are well-manned reducing queues, the club shop and merchandise stalla are actually open. The kits are all great by the way and were available early, for us.
The media side is a million times better with Millwall TV. The podcasts, interviews, matchday stuff all tons better. Then there's the new training ground coming which will be huge. It all adds up.
Sorry, I've gone off on one again but after 54 years since my first game I'm allowed to now and then.
I really don't care whether we get promoted or not although the money would be good to keep the club going for the future.

It's not just on the pitch either, it's off the pitch too.
I've said to my son that when going to the games that I'm not sure what it is but it "feels" different at The Den this season. The club are really trying to do something. All little things but they all add up.
There's the blue bus area with the bar, DJs and bands, German sausage stall and pie & mash stall. The pre-match bits getting local youth clubs involved. The ticket windows are well-manned reducing queues, the club shop and merchandise stalla are actually open. The kits are all great by the way and were available early, for us.
The media side is a million times better with Millwall TV. The podcasts, interviews, matchday stuff all tons better. Then there's the new training ground coming which will be huge. It all adds up.
Sorry, I've gone off on one again but after 54 years since my first game I'm allowed to now and then.
I really don't care whether we get promoted or not although the money would be good to keep the club going for the future.
Great post mate. Thank you. Really enjoyed reading that. Bought tears to my old eyes