Foxes v Lions Match thread Wed 7-45pm KO

Realistically we were never going to get anything out of this tonight. Damage limitation to our confidence would have been in forefront of most of our minds when they scored their second.
We rallied well and nicked another but was not really enough time to make the difference.
We really need to keep the ball better for longer against these top teams because they will run the legs off us time and time again.
The next three games may well define our season, I feel we need 7 points from those to restore our confidence and belief and against those three opponents we can achieve it. COYL

To me, Edwards seems to be making all the right moves, it's errors that are costing us points, but saying that...there is a massive improvement going on at the moment and the players seem to be taking it all on board.

It's a shame we are missing Bryan and Casper, that extra skill they have would come in very handy in games like tonight when we need to get hold of the ball more, or at least retain it better.

At times, we looked very handy. If we could have nullified that prick, Stroud, we might have got something out of the game. He was the difference between the two teams.
:grinning:

Bart must be wondering what he has to do to be first choice keeper. If i was him i would pack it in and go to play for Tampa Bay Rowdies.
I bet you weren't saying that last season when we lost five of our first nine games with him in goal. Long took over and we lost three from the next sixteen. But they were all flukes, obviously. Were you saying the same when Bart let in four against Reading earlier this season?? Most were saying he should retire. We always need a scapegoat don't we eh.

Now balance that with all the saves he made. Also where was the defence when the balls were crossed in?
All to easy to blame the keeper tonight, whoever it is between the sticks needs some protection against some speculative and fortunate crosses and shots from them.
String a few results together in the upcoming fixtures a few key players back in January and the confidence will slowly return.
Put in a cheeky offer to pay cresswell wages for the rest of the season and get him back on loan for some game time would be a huge boost.

Yes I know, I will get my straight jacket 🤣

Last edited:
I don't really understand the positivity around Edwards. I don't see improvement, however some of my mates do... With a bit of luck they are right and I am wrong.
Next three games are against teams that are our immediate neighbours in the table. I don't see us getting much out of them, and certainly not 7 points like 1964 is hopeful of. I wouldn't be surprised if we are in the bottom 3 come January.
On that cheery, optimistic note, I'm off to bed.

Two absolutely avoidable goals within 8 mins of h/t drained all belief and confidence out of the side after a really good and gritty first half.
Sarkic definitely at fault for both ,no mans land/very poor positioning both times.
Leics then in total ascedency for rest of game,got deflected 3rd and we got late consolation.
My own thoughts are stick with keeper for time being and dont ruin his confidence,but cannot put up with these mistakes week in week out for too long
Needs to give a shaky defence some confidence
Repeat first half performance and we will beat huddersfield.
Oh yeah Keith Stroud is a fucking disgrace in case you had'nt noticed!

I don't really understand the positivity around Edwards. I don't see improvement, however some of my mates do... With a bit of luck they are right and I am wrong.
Next three games are against teams that are our immediate neighbours in the table. I don't see us getting much out of them, and certainly not 7 points like 1964 is hopeful of. I wouldn't be surprised if we are in the bottom 3 come January.
On that cheery, optimistic note, I'm off to bed.
The hope that kills yer.
Sweet dreams koj

Now balance that with all the saves he made. Also where was the defence when the balls were crossed in?
It's irrelevant mate when we want someone to blame. People only see the bad bits. Keepers tend to be a bit rash and shaky when playing behind defenders that are making mistakes and exposing you all the time. Bart has conceded three or more goals in four of his fifteen games. Three clean sheets in that lot. I think goalkeeper is the least of our problems. Three of our defenders were on yellows and probably shit scared to make a challenge. Leicester were expected to win- a free hit if you like and we held our own for half of that game tonight. There are signs of improvement on the pitch but one win from ten will do the confidence and belief no good what so ever. We need to scrape a shithouse win from somewhere as soon as possible. Playing well and getting fuck all is no consolation to the players. We must stay with them on Saturday. If we give up on them and they feel that then we are well and truly fucked.

I bet you weren't saying that last season when we lost five of our first nine games with him in goal. Long took over and we lost three from the next sixteen. But they were all flukes, obviously. Were you saying the same when Bart let in four against Reading earlier this season?? Most were saying he should retire. We always need a scapegoat don't we eh.
With a few exceptions we have always had above average goalkeepers. Bart is the best currently available. It can't do his confidence any good when he is regularly dropped in favour of lesser keepers. He is nearing the end of his career. If i was him i would say i don't need this and bugger off somewhere warm for a final big payday.

The wheels fell off straight from the off in the second half. Thought we were half decent first half but had little control of the game in the second. Lumping it forward from the back only to see them them hold possession and pass with ease, even it it usually came to nothing, it was frustrating to see us lose the ball more often than not. I know it’s down to the pound notes in terms of quality players but would have liked to see Nisbet come on earlier- but that’s just clutching on straws in hindsight.

It's irrelevant mate when we want someone to blame. People only see the bad bits. Keepers tend to be a bit rash and shaky when playing behind defenders that are making mistakes and exposing you all the time. Bart has conceded three or more goals in four of his fifteen games. Three clean sheets in that lot. I think goalkeeper is the least of our problems. Three of our defenders were on yellows and probably shit scared to make a challenge. Leicester were expected to win- a free hit if you like and we held our own for half of that game tonight. There are signs of improvement on the pitch but one win from ten will do the confidence and belief no good what so ever. We need to scrape a shithouse win from somewhere as soon as possible. Playing well and getting fuck all is no consolation to the players. We must stay with them on Saturday. If we give up on them and they feel that then we are well and truly fucked.
Thanks mate and how are you?