Formation advantages?

5 at the back AT HOME doesn't work with the players we have and that's the end of it. Rowett will never change his shit, otherwise he would of done it now after 3 years so we are stuck with it until he fucks off. Thread closed

Evens JB'S son must of watched that the other day and thought " fuck me, we have been putting all this extra money in each year and we still look shit "

You can change the personnel as much as you fucking like, with the same couple of donuts at the end of it, nothing is going to progress!!

5 at the back AT HOME doesn't work with the players we have and that's the end of it. Rowett will never change his shit, otherwise he would of done it now after 3 years so we are stuck with it until he fucks off. Thread closed
Think he's close that feeling wrath of the crowd if things don't change. A few more defeats on the spin and he'll be getting it properly. Everyone i spoke to on Saturday is fed up with what's on offer. Very frustrating cause i think he's brought in some very handy players but they've been shackled by his tactics.

Think he's close that feeling wrath of the crowd if things don't change. A few more defeats on the spin and he'll be getting it properly. Everyone i spoke to on Saturday is fed up with what's on offer. Very frustrating cause i think he's brought in some very handy players but they've been shackled by his tactics.
I get that mate but if he ain't already learnt after 3 years then why is he suddenly gonna change now.
Another one who goes under the radar is Barrett, get rid of him aswell and bring some attacking minded coaches.

I get that mate but if he ain't already learnt after 3 years then why is he suddenly gonna change now.
Some of his signings suggested we'd be more attack minded and that we play on the front foot and take it to teams. How stupid was i to think that. I know the new kid is young but he's more than capable from what i've seen. His age shouldn't be an issue cause he's clearly good enough.

He's nearly 50 first team starts under his belt and i think at his age he needs to be playing more which will help his development. Bringing him on with ten minutes to go when we need a goal probably puts as much pressure on him as it would if he was to start a game. If indeed that is why Rowett is using him sparingly.

Taken a bit of time to digest and read some of the comments on yesterdayā€™s poxy result. Itā€™s all been said and I think on the whole most agree without even realising it.
I think thereā€™s no doubt we did not do anything worthy of winning that game. City were marginally better and probably deserved to shade it through sheer endeavour.
GR definitely needs to change his mentality and throw caution to the wind at home more ( we have the players now, which I donā€™t think heā€™s had before) otherwise he will lose the fans support which he is close to doing so already.
Personally I would not want see that just yet because I think heā€™s earned the right to be given more than a couple of games into the season to get it right with the players he has bought in.
I will be at Norwich next week and hopefully we will see us compete as we did at boro or we will get royally fucked.
Starting the three central defenders at home is obviously not working , they are not mobile enough lacking pace and technical ability on the ball. They are defenders in the old fashioned sense of the word. He should be using them as so with Danny and Bryan as out and out full backs.Midfield is lacking creativity as usual, Fleming has been non existent for ages now and I think he should be given the chop if only for a reality check. Would like to see de noor and Saville in the middle of the park. Evans should be used more when a game opens up in the latter stages too, the lad has a football brain and can pick a pass .
Start the youngsters at home and attack for fuck sake, donā€™t have a problem with being a bit more cagey away from home.
Play Bradshaw alongside Rab and see if they can produce a partnership but they need service.

Last edited:
I think thereā€™s no doubt we did not do anything worthy of winning that game. City were marginally better and probably deserved to shade it through sheer endeavour.
GR definitely needs to change his mentality and throw caution to the wind at home more ( we have the players now, which I donā€™t think heā€™s had before) otherwise he will lose the fans support which he is close to doing so already.
This. 100%
Personally I would not want see that just yet because I think heā€™s earned the right to be given more than a couple of games into the season to get it right with the players he has bought in.
I think a lot depends on our new chairman! If he has the patience his dad had then maybe he will give Rowett this season to see if the money spent on the new players brings us a play off place or, dare we say it, promotion!

Equally, if he doesnā€™t have that patience, and expects results that are not forthcoming in the coming months, Rowett may well be looking over his shoulder come Christmas time! Even then, Rowettā€™s sacking would have to hinge on what managers are out of work at that time, or which ones had recently been sacked! I donā€™t want the likes of a Tony Pulis or a Chris Hughton managing us just because theyā€™re still out of work when Rowett goes, and thereā€™s no one else available thatā€™s better!
I will be at Norwich next week and hopefully we will see us compete as we did at boro or we will get royally fucked.
At the moment Iā€™d be happy with a well deserved draw, if Iā€™m honest!
Starting the three central defenders at home is obviously not working , they are not mobile enough lacking pace and technical ability on the ball. They are defenders in the old fashioned sense of the word.
Exactly! The one major thing that has pissed me off about Rowettā€™s tenure as manager is his inability to look ahead at what is needed. In his almost four years in charge of us, he has spent loads on buying in or loaning in a number of midfield players that just havenā€™t cut the mustard in some way: Kiefenbeld, Woods, Bennett, Malone, Ojo, Freeman and Burke! Some of those players may have been signed because we desperately needed them during the season to cover for injuries etc., but the likes of the first four i mentioned were actual signings!

They all started off well, and had their moments, but in reality none of them (including those loan signings I mentioned), did enough to change our fortunes! Only the likes of Ballard, Cresswell, Styles and to some extent Shackleton were any good! We lost out on Ballard when we should have at least matched Sunderlandā€™s bid for him, and for whatever reason, the club balked at paying the Ā£2M fee Barnsley wanted for Styles, yet Rowett has paid X amount of money on a Belgium player we all hope (though nothingā€™s guaranteed), will be the next midfield creative maestro, even though we already knew what we was getting had we bought Styles!
He should be using them as so with Danny and Bryan as out and out full backs.
Yep, Danny is never a wing back! Bryan can get forward and ping over a good cross, but maybe we need him and Danny to concentrate on defensive duties and either buy in, or loan in a pair of ā€˜proper old fashioned, skin pass em and get to the by lineā€™ pair of left and right wingers who can consistently put over decent crosses into the box!
Midfield is lacking creativity as usual, Fleming has been non existent for ages now and I think he should be given the chop if only for a reality check.
Yes! Maybe start Esse in the No. 10 role?
Would like to see de noor and Saville in the middle of the park. Evans should be used more when a game opens up in the latter stages too, the lad has a football brain and can pick a pass .
Evans could be tried out at CH (heā€™s played there before), and like you say, might be able to play out from the back and pick out a forward moving midfielder with a decent pass to him!
Start the youngsters at home and attack for fuck sake, donā€™t have a problem with being a bit more cagey away from home.
Play Bradshaw alongside Rab and see if they can produce a partnership but they need service.
100%. If Rowett doesnā€™t try to mix and match these forward partnerships, how will he know whoā€™s the right choice to play together and build up a rapport with each other?

GR'S overly cautious approach added with AB makes for a dull watch at home, away I get it, but surely GR's needs someone attack minded to counter act GR's standard approach to the game, cheaper to replace AB than a manager I would have thought.
It's like he has a play book which he uses for all corners and free kicks, no invention to keep the oppo guessing, same subs, more often not at the same time every game, same formation with 5 at the back home...Again, he changed it last season after an abject start and got some progress and success, so why revert when you have bought in more attack minded players!?.

Lion 1964 said, use Evans more, he can play CB and is more accomplished on the ball than any of the three CB's who played Saturday or move him to the middle, more creativity than Sav and Billy to be honest.

Why the f#ck is our best scoring midfielder for ages, being forced to play out wide? No wonder heā€™s not showing! Was excellent behind Bradshaw in the middle last year.

iPads, I look back with fondness to the days when we all used to go out on a Saturday night, get ratarsed and turn up on a Sunday morning, play the first half, puke up at half time and then play the second half. Then we would go to the pub for a sunday lunchtime session. iPads and modern tactics, I shit on them. :smoke:

iPads, I look back with fondness to the days when we all used to go out on a Saturday night, get ratarsed and turn up on a Sunday morning, play the first half, puke up at half time and then play the second half. Then we would go to the pub for a sunday lunchtime session. iPads and modern tactics, I shit on them. :smoke:
Haha youā€™re not wrong!

Coventry won 3-0 the other day & their XG was 0.9ā€¦ so means feck all šŸ¤£

I suppose iPads have their uses for a football manager like Rowett!

If heā€™s looking at the stats on his screen, he canā€™t see the awful shit playing out there on the pitch! šŸ¤£

Maybe, GR was just thinking ā€œThis is a game that I donā€™t want to loseā€ ...... being the J B memorial game and for this game, that was his priority. And as said before, They just nicked a goal at the end. .......... so far I donā€™t see Billy Mitchell as an midfielder in a promotion chasing team, that goes for Danny also. This is now pretty much GRā€™s team so hopefully time will tell.
He now knows what it takes to get a team to the playoffs, having skirted around themfor two years. I am still thinking ā€œYazzā€