Foreign day trippers šŸ¤”

Maybe it's because weve got comfortable the last couple of seasons, crowds have been up hoping we could get a top 6 position, the lack of attacking football at home, as contributed the most .I was expecting a top 6 challenge and winning home games, couldn't be more wrong, away form has been better ,support away has been good , looks like a mid table season is becoming a possibility We've got a new manager so he needs our support he's gonna need time so come on guys let's get behind him .
One more thing please beat qpr as all the guys at work support them, and I couldn't have a Christmas and new year with that lot if they got a result.

Itā€™s slowly been changing since the early 2000ā€™s but rapidly so since lockdown. Mind you the world has changed more rapidly. We are still a working class club and generally a fan base that retains its identity. I think it will be quite different in 20 years time.

Itā€™s slowly been changing since the early 2000ā€™s but rapidly so since lockdown. Mind you the world has changed more rapidly. We are still a working class club and generally a fan base that retains its identity. I think it will be quite different in 20 years time.
If we had 12,000 regulars 20 years ago, how many do you think still go today?
I'm one of 5 that only goes since then and I'm a part timer now.

The biggest reason for lack of atmosphere is purely down to the team not giving us anything to actually get excited about.
But surely that works both ways? We pay our money because we support Millwall so why aren't we supporting them? If we've given up is it any wonder the football is flat and no energy about it. I keep asking this question and still haven't had an answer-- So here goes again--- when was the football in say the last ten year exciting/exhilarating? Harris got hounded into a corner cause his football was boring, predictable and a bit shit. Holloway and Lomas????? Bit of nice stuff under KJ in league one. I'd say you'd have to back to Mcghee or Wises spell which is 20 fucking year ago now.

I rarely disagree with Ilderton cause the geezer often saves me typing being more or less on the same page as me. But i just Can not see why the new breed or whatever we classs them as is helping to stifle our once noisy and passionate support. When have ever given a fuck about what other people think, We're fucking rebels by nature and have never been backward in coming forward. I just can't have it that we've gone all coy and shy cause there's some fucking Ruperts amongst us? Bollox--- No one like us we don't care?????????? We've fucking ripped a stadium apart and went on a rampage on live TV. We've broken jawbone and noses cause some fucking oiks have upset us. We've stuck two fingers up to nearly every authority, OB, and media outlet that dared cross us, Fought OB on live TV at Wembley, spark out Stewards, Scousers and any other cunt that dared take aliberty in our stands but now we won't get behind our team cause a few yops, boxheads and middle class pests are sitting amongst waiting for us to do what most of them have paid good fucking money to witness. FUCKING BEHAVE. And i'll tell you why------ we haven't lost the venom we gave full barrells to away fans and players, no we still have it in abundance but some clever cunts have decided to dump it on the very fucking people we come to support. I swear to fucking god if there was no such thing as cctv and camera phones there'd be a steady stream of our own so called fucking fans being scrapped off the floor and picking there teeth up and en route to A and fucking E. It ain't fucking Rupert. Cedric or Ganfuckingfranco that's changing us it's a noisy bunch of entitled, disrespectful and braindead, short memoried cunts that have the fucking front to call themselves Millwall.

If you don't agree with me or still think we're being diluted then i urge you to go on Youtube and Type in Norwich V Millwall 2023. Listen to it and those fucking insulting cheeky cunts that call themselves Millwall humiliating the man that was our leader. The man that took over from a club legend and part of our fucking family that brought so much joy and happiness to us. Epitomised everything that we stood for and made us proud . A man with fuck all managerial experience that yet again stood up and gave us back was ebbing away bit by bit only to be abused, insulted and hounded out by the same cunts that are doing the same to our fanbase that want no association with them our club anymore and i'll bet you now a pound to piece of shit thahthey'll do the same to Edwards if don't shape up and soon. The stae of fucking facebok and twiiter groups this morning already sharpening the knife and setting out fucking timescales and targets or else. Others are saying we're gonna go down. Fuck being outnumbered 3 to 1 on the back streets of Middlesboro back in the 80's and 90's with those cunts. Like many others that i know that were hooked in for decades, almost scared to miss a game i';ve now had that forced upon me and it breaks me to say it but i'm not bothered or worried by what i used to fear it would feel like if i couldn't go back. It's been a slow burn but we've all noticed the changes, loss of identity and route that we're going down. But for me that Sunday afternoon in Norwich was the last straw for me. Why should i bother or care anymore for something that was once so unique and precious when it almost doesn't exist anymore and what's taking it's place is alien to me and has absolutely no appeal either.

I'm now going to step into my garden and windmill a tree.

But surely that works both ways? We pay our money because we support Millwall so why aren't we supporting them? If we've given up is it any wonder the football is flat and no energy about it. I keep asking this question and still haven't had an answer-- So here goes again--- when was the football in say the last ten year exciting/exhilarating? Harris got hounded into a corner cause his football was boring, predictable and a bit shit. Holloway and Lomas????? Bit of nice stuff under KJ in league one. I'd say you'd have to back to Mcghee or Wises spell which is 20 fucking year ago now.

I rarely disagree with Ilderton cause the geezer often saves me typing being more or less on the same page as me. But i just Can not see why the new breed or whatever we classs them as is helping to stifle our once noisy and passionate support. When have ever given a fuck about what other people think, We're fucking rebels by nature and have never been backward in coming forward. I just can't have it that we've gone all coy and shy cause there's some fucking Ruperts amongst us? Bollox--- No one like us we don't care?????????? We've fucking ripped a stadium apart and went on a rampage on live TV. We've broken jawbone and noses cause some fucking oiks have upset us. We've stuck two fingers up to nearly every authority, OB, and media outlet that dared cross us, Fought OB on live TV at Wembley, spark out Stewards, Scousers and any other cunt that dared take aliberty in our stands but now we won't get behind our team cause a few yops, boxheads and middle class pests are sitting amongst waiting for us to do what most of them have paid good fucking money to witness. FUCKING BEHAVE. And i'll tell you why------ we haven't lost the venom we gave full barrells to away fans and players, no we still have it in abundance but some clever cunts have decided to dump it on the very fucking people we come to support. I swear to fucking god if there was no such thing as cctv and camera phones there'd be a steady stream of our own so called fucking fans being scrapped off the floor and picking there teeth up and en route to A and fucking E. It ain't fucking Rupert. Cedric or Ganfuckingfranco that's changing us it's a noisy bunch of entitled, disrespectful and braindead, short memoried cunts that have the fucking front to call themselves Millwall.

If you don't agree with me or still think we're being diluted then i urge you to go on Youtube and Type in Norwich V Millwall 2023. Listen to it and those fucking insulting cheeky cunts that call themselves Millwall humiliating the man that was our leader. The man that took over from a club legend and part of our fucking family that brought so much joy and happiness to us. Epitomised everything that we stood for and made us proud . A man with fuck all managerial experience that yet again stood up and gave us back was ebbing away bit by bit only to be abused, insulted and hounded out by the same cunts that are doing the same to our fanbase that want no association with them our club anymore and i'll bet you now a pound to piece of shit thahthey'll do the same to Edwards if don't shape up and soon. The stae of fucking facebok and twiiter groups this morning already sharpening the knife and setting out fucking timescales and targets or else. Others are saying we're gonna go down. Fuck being outnumbered 3 to 1 on the back streets of Middlesboro back in the 80's and 90's with those cunts. Like many others that i know that were hooked in for decades, almost scared to miss a game i';ve now had that forced upon me and it breaks me to say it but i'm not bothered or worried by what i used to fear it would feel like if i couldn't go back. It's been a slow burn but we've all noticed the changes, loss of identity and route that we're going down. But for me that Sunday afternoon in Norwich was the last straw for me. Why should i bother or care anymore for something that was once so unique and precious when it almost doesn't exist anymore and what's taking it's place is alien to me and has absolutely no appeal either.

I'm now going to step into my garden and windmill a tree.
Aaaaaaaand breath šŸ¤£šŸ¤£šŸ¤£

Youā€™re spot on though mate šŸ‘šŸ»
With you seemingly in Spain for most of the season, this thread title is having a go at you!
the only time I get to read Peckhamā€™s posts in full is when Iā€™m out here šŸ¤£šŸ‘šŸ»

you can spot them a mile off before the game around Surrey docks, Canada Water and south Bermondsey looking at their phones not really knowing what way to go

... guilty as charged ;). Got confused coming out of Bermondsey tube as the map I had made it look like the station was on the North side of Jamaica road. Got some directions off a bloke outside the Blue Anchor and eventually spotted the shops by SB station.

All the years that we've been going always came from the New Cross direction, even at the old place.

Not sure two pensioners dressed up in double coats would count as Hipsters though. :ROFLMAO:

If we had 12,000 regulars 20 years ago, how many do you think still go today?
I'm one of 5 that only goes since then and I'm a part timer now.
Most of our core support is through family and connections to the area. If you think of the grim times in recent history, late 90ā€™s, mid 00ā€™s that 7-8k probably better represents us.

I have no problem with day trippers, money for the club. If those around me donā€™t chant, it doesnā€™t stop me shouting my nut off and chanting.

Last edited:
Don't act a cunt, keep in line and get involved with the atmosphere if you're a day tripper. As others have pointed out, revenue is good. More of us lot that turn up week in week out than day trippers, so the problem most probably lies within the club.. yet saying that the atmosphere at away games have been alot better than our home games though.

Fuck knows, but we don't help ourselves. Looking forward to Ipshit, I fancy us to get a result.

At half time during the Southampton remembrance day game, a foreign bloke asked me, my mate and my brother what was the poppy on our coats all about? we told him it was too remember our service men who had made the ultimate sacrifice for our freedom.
I asked where he was from?, he answered Germany to which my brother replied "it's down to you cunts that we have to remember them!!":LOL:

There was about 10 dutch in the Blue when about 8 belgiums walked in and i was chatting to 3 spanish real madrid fans outside, asked them what they was here for? they said to see a good atmospere i bet they was dissapointed. That said its all good dosh for the boozer and the club

back of the CBL at half time. One English voice. Loads of Dutch and Germans about. I dont think its effecting to atmosphere. Thats down to inconsistent form. Even if we go 2 goals up you cant relay on us to see the game out. makes thing a bit edgy. Plus I was absolutely frozen Saturday.

A mate sits in the CBL lower and occasionally I'll go down there with him. It used to be half empty unless it was a big match but on the few occasions I've been down there in the last couple of years it's been packed out with foreigners, probably equal in number to the British. Some of them behave oddly, often in and out of the concourse during the game, dunno if it's incontinence on the part of Johnny Foreigner or just that they are bang on the gear, but it's often noticeable.

If I'm totally honest the foreigners generally give me the hump, not all of them, but some. Mind you there are plenty of pissed out their mind English daytrippers that turn up for big games that give me the hump more to be fair. Also I don't go regularly like clockwork nowadays either, so what right have I to criticise?

I am part of the 'problem' I suppose; Millwall has changed so my inclination to go week in and week out has changed, and because people like me don't go as regularly anymore Millwall changes more and more... A bit chicken and egg I suppose.

ā€œTouristsā€ generate much needed extra revenue and I donā€™t see what the problem is with them šŸ¤·ā€ā™‚ļø.

If they werenā€™t there the seats would be empty, so itā€™s not a case of them not generating an atmosphere, itā€™s down to our, so called ā€œfanaticalā€, fans who have clearly lost their passion and appetitešŸ˜ž. Sorry to disappoint but donā€™t try to deflect the blame elsewhere :wagging:

Hopefully itā€™ll pick up if, and when, the quality of performance and results improve šŸ™

BTW: The loud mouth moron who knows sweet FA about football and sits next to me had a field day yesterday. He told me heā€™s going to become a coach and I was shocked until he explained he was going to have his teeth removed and some seats put in šŸ˜‰
Sounds like you might be relieving him if his teeth Purley. šŸ˜‰ šŸ‘Š

Hasn't been the same since the break for Covid. It was very noticable once we were allowed back. The Qpr home game really shocked me. Fuck all- nish from us. We usually come alive for derby or someone we hate and we do them since of a certain event that put a bit of spice to the fixture. It's continued in that vein. I might not cheer certain posters up here but i ain't having the day trippers and Hipster line. We fucking sung before they came, we're not gonna be put off by anyone. It's down to us fans to cfreate the atmosphere. I get that the football has been poor fare but i don't agree with some that it's up to the team to fire us up. I believe that it's up to both plaers and fans, it's reciprocal.

Last time we played Leeds before they went up- 3/4 year ago anyway. There was four or five proper Ruperts sat in front of us in block two/ about 9 rows from the front. The atmoshphere was bordering on toxic. Game starts. few minutes in yours truly starts a monks chant, one of the Ruperts in front of me jumped out of his seat and looked like he was gonna shit himself :grinning: I said to him it's alright mate i don't bite. The monks chant went around the ground for about five minutes. These bods looked absolutely stunned, they was looking around and all they could see was fans with that growly expression on there boats belting out our war cry. You see that the Leeds following was singing something, the whole upper stand, they was on there feet arms in the air but we couldn't hear a single decibel of it cause all three sides of the Den just muted them with the noise we was making.

Half time comes the Ruperts ain't moved. So i leaned forward and said what do you think of Millwall then? Each of them said they'd never witnessed anything like it and from what they considered to be a small ground. One of them says here look at this and hands me his phone to show me a text he'd sent his mate. It was a glowing report- teling his mate that he's never witnessed such passionate and noisy fans. He said his ears were fizzing and humming from the racket. We had a chat all through the break. I asked him what i deem as an obvious question for outsiders- Is it what you expected to be like or what you've read- been told? Again all of them answer no, not at all, the press and media do you guys no favours at all, it's nothing what we feared it would be. I jokingly told him that he could hospitalised for using the word guys but other than that you're sweet. I picked him up on what he said a minute back when he said it wasn't like what they ' feared ' he admitted that they thought they were coming to a lawless, dangerous, hell hole that was full of animals screaming racist abuse. You heard any racist shit? No but i noticed outside before the game quite a few black lads and a few black couples with kids. I explained a bit more about us to them, how we become Millwall- handed down etc. If you come looking for trouble you'll find but otherwise the Den is as safe as any other ground.

Second half starts and the noise is notched up again. The Ruperts got up five minutes before time and thanked me and a few lads around me that had a natter Wished us all the best for the season and said they'd be back again.

Went well off track there but there you go. It's our team and up to us to make an effort to vocally suppport them. If we want a good team with good players it will cost money. Those day trippers/ newcomers put money into the club that essentially benefits us. We are changing as a club and support base. If we don't do what we've done for decades and vocally support the team we'll end up like every other generic modern day club which means fucking ultras banging a drum and cooing like a doris with a dildo stuck half way up his Aris. I really believe it's as simple as that. If we can't be bothered it creates an opportunity for others that are and if that happens we'll be in no position to complain or criticize.

Miiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiilllllllllll
Good post Peckham, and I agree with all
Youā€™ve said . I always treated Leeds as the game of the season , but even their visit this season seemed tame by previous meets. I do hope we find our way again ,I just donā€™t think I could go to the den often anymore if we became a happy clappy ground with blokes outside selling half and half scarves . That really would finish me off