Foreign day trippers šŸ¤”

E1 Wall

Is it me ..or are they part of the reason the atmosphere down there is shit atm, all I could see at the end of the game was groups of Belgians/French laughing and joking taking selfies, popped in the club shop to get my grandson the new home kit and rammed with tourists, its all revenue i get that but itā€™s getting like the emirates/library ..Borough high street before the game šŸ˜± donā€™t get me started.

My youngest son showed me a site called Groupon where Adult tickets are being sold for Ā£18.95, kids for Ā£10 and family tickets for Ā£37+. Is this where the "Tourists" buy their tickets?

It doesn't help, that's for sure. I don't think Kavanagh will care if we keep virtually selling out but things are changing and not for the better. We have resisted it and lasted longer than many others but this is the way football is nowadays, sadly.

Is it me ..or are they part of the reason the atmosphere down there is shit atm, all I could see at the end of the game was groups of Belgians/French laughing and joking taking selfies, popped in the club shop to get my grandson the new home kit and rammed with tourists, its all revenue i get that but itā€™s getting like the emirates/library ..Borough high street before the game šŸ˜± donā€™t get me started.
Anyone laughing after that is going to stand out! I dont think theres enough to change an atmosphere.
The football does that. I know a few staunch Belgiums who have been going for 20 + years who are good proper lads.
When you sign foreign players you will always get some of their countrymen visiting.

I can see your point to a certain degree, but it shouldnā€™t really affect the overall atmosphere.
I think the team performance has more to do with it and the fact that everyone in the ground is now under constant scrutiny, with the threat of getting their collars felt if they behave in a slightly aggressive passionate manner.
The club have had to bow to legislation with the threat of fines and restrictions, constant tannoy announcements and posters warning of intolerant behaviour. This is the way the establishment wants it and we have been forced into toeing the line without even realising it.
The Den is no longer a place that the opposition fear, now its regarded as a good safe away day . A couple of thousand away fans constantly turning up and loving experience with their team playing without the fear of a raucous reception of days gone by.
My old man would turning in his grave, but then again if he was alive today to see how tolerant our nation has become par se he would probably have a heart attack.

Last edited:
Itā€™s not just Millwall, itā€™s modern football. Itā€™s all just a bit shit really isnā€™t it? Along with loads of foreigners getting in the fucking way there is an abundance of hipsters all over the gaff too. Itā€™s been a long time coming but weā€™ve finally fallen, just like all the other London clubs did before us. At least the odd away game can be fun now and again.

I met 2 dutch blokes who I took to the windsor as they asked if there was a sports bar they could watch a proper game before going to millwall :unsure:

We should give em a good kicking

Hasn't been the same since the break for Covid. It was very noticable once we were allowed back. The Qpr home game really shocked me. Fuck all- nish from us. We usually come alive for derby or someone we hate and we do them since of a certain event that put a bit of spice to the fixture. It's continued in that vein. I might not cheer certain posters up here but i ain't having the day trippers and Hipster line. We fucking sung before they came, we're not gonna be put off by anyone. It's down to us fans to cfreate the atmosphere. I get that the football has been poor fare but i don't agree with some that it's up to the team to fire us up. I believe that it's up to both plaers and fans, it's reciprocal.

Last time we played Leeds before they went up- 3/4 year ago anyway. There was four or five proper Ruperts sat in front of us in block two/ about 9 rows from the front. The atmoshphere was bordering on toxic. Game starts. few minutes in yours truly starts a monks chant, one of the Ruperts in front of me jumped out of his seat and looked like he was gonna shit himself :grinning: I said to him it's alright mate i don't bite. The monks chant went around the ground for about five minutes. These bods looked absolutely stunned, they was looking around and all they could see was fans with that growly expression on there boats belting out our war cry. You see that the Leeds following was singing something, the whole upper stand, they was on there feet arms in the air but we couldn't hear a single decibel of it cause all three sides of the Den just muted them with the noise we was making.

Half time comes the Ruperts ain't moved. So i leaned forward and said what do you think of Millwall then? Each of them said they'd never witnessed anything like it and from what they considered to be a small ground. One of them says here look at this and hands me his phone to show me a text he'd sent his mate. It was a glowing report- teling his mate that he's never witnessed such passionate and noisy fans. He said his ears were fizzing and humming from the racket. We had a chat all through the break. I asked him what i deem as an obvious question for outsiders- Is it what you expected to be like or what you've read- been told? Again all of them answer no, not at all, the press and media do you guys no favours at all, it's nothing what we feared it would be. I jokingly told him that he could hospitalised for using the word guys but other than that you're sweet. I picked him up on what he said a minute back when he said it wasn't like what they ' feared ' he admitted that they thought they were coming to a lawless, dangerous, hell hole that was full of animals screaming racist abuse. You heard any racist shit? No but i noticed outside before the game quite a few black lads and a few black couples with kids. I explained a bit more about us to them, how we become Millwall- handed down etc. If you come looking for trouble you'll find but otherwise the Den is as safe as any other ground.

Second half starts and the noise is notched up again. The Ruperts got up five minutes before time and thanked me and a few lads around me that had a natter Wished us all the best for the season and said they'd be back again.

Went well off track there but there you go. It's our team and up to us to make an effort to vocally suppport them. If we want a good team with good players it will cost money. Those day trippers/ newcomers put money into the club that essentially benefits us. We are changing as a club and support base. If we don't do what we've done for decades and vocally support the team we'll end up like every other generic modern day club which means fucking ultras banging a drum and cooing like a doris with a dildo stuck half way up his Aris. I really believe it's as simple as that. If we can't be bothered it creates an opportunity for others that are and if that happens we'll be in no position to complain or criticize.

Miiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiilllllllllll

The term ā€˜day tripperā€™ has changed meaning in the last couple of years. It used to mean that when we pulled out a big team loads of sleeping Millwall fans would come out, but the crucial difference being that they were actual Millwall supporters that had connections to the club but because of circumstances like work, moving to another area or just simply settling down with a family meant they didnā€™t have either the time or money to follow the club as much.

These days day trippers really are that. They have absolutely no previous connection to the club, therefore they simply do not understand or get what supporting Millwall is about. It is the sheer number of them that is diluting the atmosphere and making it as shit as it is, anybody who thinks otherwise is wrong. Like I said on here months ago it was nothing to do with the football or whoever the manager is, the fact is that many of our older traditional fans have either started choosing games or binned it off completely but at the same time been replaced by casual one off attendees.

Itā€™s not just the foreigners itā€™s also the hipster crowd that are diluting it, you can spot them a mile off before the game around Surrey docks, Canada Water and south Bermondsey looking at their phones not really knowing what way to go dressed in their best charity shop and dirty trainer get ups because thatā€™s what they think that is what working class people dress like. You can say that they are putting money into the club but the true cost of it is much greater, weā€™ve lost the very thing that made us different and no amount of clever club marketing blurb or obnoxiously loud pre match music and videos can disguise it.

I sat in the Millwall cafe eating my chips and I shared a table with three tourists. They were from Norway and I asked them when they came over to watch the game. The grandad said they were over on Thursday and flew back last night. They has scarves and hats on and weā€™re looking forward to the game. They got up and were replaced by four Germans. They had all the gear on and one of them had a bag of shirts bought in the club shop. They flew over that morning and were going back last night. Itā€™s the atmosphere they come for and I have no problem with them. The revenue is always welcome and they donā€™t cause any problems I am aware of.

Hasn't been the same since the break for Covid. It was very noticable once we were allowed back. The Qpr home game really shocked me. Fuck all- nish from us. We usually come alive for derby or someone we hate and we do them since of a certain event that put a bit of spice to the fixture. It's continued in that vein. I might not cheer certain posters up here but i ain't having the day trippers and Hipster line. We fucking sung before they came, we're not gonna be put off by anyone. It's down to us fans to cfreate the atmosphere. I get that the football has been poor fare but i don't agree with some that it's up to the team to fire us up. I believe that it's up to both plaers and fans, it's reciprocal.

Last time we played Leeds before they went up- 3/4 year ago anyway. There was four or five proper Ruperts sat in front of us in block two/ about 9 rows from the front. The atmoshphere was bordering on toxic. Game starts. few minutes in yours truly starts a monks chant, one of the Ruperts in front of me jumped out of his seat and looked like he was gonna shit himself :grinning: I said to him it's alright mate i don't bite. The monks chant went around the ground for about five minutes. These bods looked absolutely stunned, they was looking around and all they could see was fans with that growly expression on there boats belting out our war cry. You see that the Leeds following was singing something, the whole upper stand, they was on there feet arms in the air but we couldn't hear a single decibel of it cause all three sides of the Den just muted them with the noise we was making.

Half time comes the Ruperts ain't moved. So i leaned forward and said what do you think of Millwall then? Each of them said they'd never witnessed anything like it and from what they considered to be a small ground. One of them says here look at this and hands me his phone to show me a text he'd sent his mate. It was a glowing report- teling his mate that he's never witnessed such passionate and noisy fans. He said his ears were fizzing and humming from the racket. We had a chat all through the break. I asked him what i deem as an obvious question for outsiders- Is it what you expected to be like or what you've read- been told? Again all of them answer no, not at all, the press and media do you guys no favours at all, it's nothing what we feared it would be. I jokingly told him that he could hospitalised for using the word guys but other than that you're sweet. I picked him up on what he said a minute back when he said it wasn't like what they ' feared ' he admitted that they thought they were coming to a lawless, dangerous, hell hole that was full of animals screaming racist abuse. You heard any racist shit? No but i noticed outside before the game quite a few black lads and a few black couples with kids. I explained a bit more about us to them, how we become Millwall- handed down etc. If you come looking for trouble you'll find but otherwise the Den is as safe as any other ground.

Second half starts and the noise is notched up again. The Ruperts got up five minutes before time and thanked me and a few lads around me that had a natter Wished us all the best for the season and said they'd be back again.

Went well off track there but there you go. It's our team and up to us to make an effort to vocally suppport them. If we want a good team with good players it will cost money. Those day trippers/ newcomers put money into the club that essentially benefits us. We are changing as a club and support base. If we don't do what we've done for decades and vocally support the team we'll end up like every other generic modern day club which means fucking ultras banging a drum and cooing like a doris with a dildo stuck half way up his Aris. I really believe it's as simple as that. If we can't be bothered it creates an opportunity for others that are and if that happens we'll be in no position to complain or criticize.

Miiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiilllllllllll
Spot on

ā€œTouristsā€ generate much needed extra revenue and I donā€™t see what the problem is with them šŸ¤·ā€ā™‚ļø.

If they werenā€™t there the seats would be empty, so itā€™s not a case of them not generating an atmosphere, itā€™s down to our, so called ā€œfanaticalā€, fans who have clearly lost their passion and appetitešŸ˜ž. Sorry to disappoint but donā€™t try to deflect the blame elsewhere :wagging:

Hopefully itā€™ll pick up if, and when, the quality of performance and results improve šŸ™

BTW: The loud mouth moron who knows sweet FA about football and sits next to me had a field day yesterday. He told me heā€™s going to become a coach and I was shocked until he explained he was going to have his teeth removed and some seats put in šŸ˜‰

I took a look on another well known social media platform and the melt down on there regarding the diluted atmosphere was what i would call 'fuzzy logic'.

One Wally directly blamed fair weather supporters, day trippers and the foreign tourists and Johnny come latelies and proceeded to tell anyone who was listening that in L1 with a 9K Wall generated more noise.
If there are more sell outs recently the 9K should still be able to generate noise regardless of how many 'others' are there not including the away support, he then finished off that it isn't working class anymore!.

Perhaps rename a stand 'The Real working Class Wall Stand' might be needed for some.