Flemming

In my opinion his biggest issue is holding onto the ball for too long. By the time he makes his mind up what to do to, he is either surrounded or all the passing lanes have been shut down by the opposiation.

I agree it's a problem for him but strangely that only seems to have developed - or become noticeable? - this season.

Imo what really holds him back is a lack of pace; he's like a cart horse. He's a big bloke but I wonder if he lost a bit of bulk he might gain an extra yard of pace?

Think he found the championship tough physically when he first came over so probably hit the gym a bit too hard to toughen up (and still doing it) and put on a bit too much muscle which is slowing him down, deffo slower than when he first arrived.

Think he found the championship tough physically when he first came over so probably hit the gym a bit too hard to toughen up (and still doing it) and put on a bit too much muscle which is slowing him down, deffo slower than when he first arrived.
Noticeably slow, feet and decision making. Joe has said he wants pace and athleticism.

I’ll take Flemming good vision, strong on the ball, great feet needs to play in right position
what is his right position ? Think his played midfield ,attack , inbetween with little or no effect all season , best position at the moment is ..left back ( in the dressing room)

He's a forward. Links midfield to atttackers, on his day does it very well.
Let me think, who played for us, had a good football brain allied to excellent skill, absolutely no pace, rarely got caught in possession and went on to massive success? 🤔

One Edward Sheringham Esq :bow:

Get Teddy to give Zian one-to-one coaching and perhaps Flemming will develop into the player we all hope he can be 🙏

Let me think, who played for us, had a good football brain allied to excellent skill, absolutely no pace, rarely got caught in possession and went on to massive success? 🤔

Get Teddy to give Zian one-to-one coaching and perhaps Flemming will develop into the player we all hope he can be 🙏
Fleming is caught in possession too much. I’m assuming like the others he will improve all round.

And one of the best crossers of a ball we've had , when found out wide.

Fleming is caught in possession too much. I’m assuming like the others he will improve all round.
If you get the ball like most players and straight away pass it backwards 5 yards your not likely to get cought if you try and create something and do something with the ball you will get cought sometimes

If you get the ball like most players and straight away pass it backwards 5 yards your not likely to get cought if you try and create something and do something with the ball you will get cought sometimes
Fleming gets caught with the ball whether it’s backwards or forwards because of his speed of thought, he takes a bit too long to decide what to do. Good players are always thinking one move ahead.

We dont seem to get much of a return from long throws. Would prefer a short thow and imediate cross. At least put someone out for a short throw ruse to get a defender out of the box.
Plus whoever he throws to are too far away and same with Leonard! 🤷‍♂️

Plus whoever he throws to are too far away and same with Leonard! 🤷‍♂️
Our use of the “long throw” - which in my opinion isn’t “long” 😉 - is embarrassing 😳

Whether it’s Zian or Leonard, the ball invariably falls short of, the main target, Cooper, doesn’t create any problems and, often, ends with us struggling to cope with the inevitable counter-attack when opponents break at speed when the ball is cleared 🤷‍♂️

I think we should dispense with the tactic and/or dummy the throw but lay it back for someone to launch a cross/centre into the crowded box 🤔

Last edited: