Fine margins…

Rowett set up his teams to be hard to beat. You infer that he was predictable. Maybe, but most other C'ship teams were unable to find an answer to that predictability as the results prove.

Some brilliant points in this post and I agree with them all.

I would say that Rowett looked at the players at his disposal and came to the conclusion that trying to play expansive football would not suit them and would lead to us conceding needless goals and set us up according to that. Rowett was also a pragmatist and never asked players to do something they couldn't. Every single player knew their role and they were drilled to do so. Was it exciting? Mostly, no? Was it effective? Without a doubt.

My mate who was at Norwich when those cunts sang your football is shit told me that those doing it had big grins and faces of glee whilst doing so. He's now banned for two year for clumping one of our own who went on to grass him and have him nicked at the next home game.

As you say, he was more or less hounded out. Boo'ed and cunted the first game of the season in front of the Berylson family still mourning there loss. And on it went. Then Norwich. Fucking disgraceful way to treat a servant of our club that did much more good than bad and stood up for us when he didn't need to when the press were sticking the boot in over the knee.

I've stated this before but will do so again. The emotional toll of John Berylson's sudden and sad passing must have had an impact on Rowett. He was very close to the chairman and navigating the players through that during pre-season would have made things extremely difficult.

Rowett was treated disgracefully by some of our so-called fans. There is a definite element to our fanbase that are moronic. The Wigan away game last season was another example. Abusing players that came to thank them for their support is cunty behaviour. There were also pictures posted after the game on social media of Sav and Jake eating a KFC on the way home and semi-smiling as they did so. People then accusing them of not caring, not deserving food for their performance, etc. I mean, really?

The key word here is respect. It's lacking today in every part of society. It's also that everyone thinks their opinion matters. And it doesn't. As someone once said, opinions are like arseholes, everyone's got one. I would add that as well as that, arseholes stink, much like people's opinions.

I obviously hope we don't, but if we lose the next two games then the Sheffield Wednesday game becomes even bigger than it is already and the tension will be palpable.

We would be higher. I have absolutely no doubt at all about it.
It's a daft question and he knows the answer but hasn't the bollox to accept it. He wanted him gone and is now trying to justify that by being sly and looking for someone to say what he has convinced himself of but won't type it. We're were in a higher position when he left and i think a point or two better off than we were at the same stage last season.

My opinion was Rowett did a good job, probably too good as people began to get ideas above their stations.
Due to constant moaning about the style of football he played towards the end I became indifferent as to whether he stays or goes.
I was happy with the appointment of Edwards and can see what he is trying to do with changing the style we have been used too for the last four years, for the life of me I can't see how people are calling for him to go, We've had a few bad results recently just like we had a few good results over Christmas/New Year.
The reality is if we win three games out of our last 16 games QPR have to win five to catch us(Sheff Wed 7) the real change comes during the summer of which I am optimistic next season will be a enjoyable ride with decent football to boot.

I was happy with the appointment of Edwards and can see what he is trying to do with changing the style we have been used too for the last four years, for the life of me I can't see how people are calling for him to go, We've had a few bad results recently just like we had a few good results over Christmas/New Year.
The reality is if we win three games out of our last 16 games QPR have to win five to catch us(Sheff Wed 7) the real change comes during the summer of which I am optimistic next season will be a enjoyable ride with decent football to boot.
This is all we can hope for.

The reality is if we win three games out of our last 16 games QPR have to win five to catch us
Qpr have picked up 7 points from 3 games. We've picked up one and have a couple of very tough games coming up. They're only 5 points behind us, a few week ago it was 11 or 12. It's possible that they could be a point above us come the final whistle in midweek.

Indeed it is fine margins...Thankfully there are other teams in the mix below us who are also out of any kind of consistent form. It's not just between us and QPR.

I think Ringo's prediction (3 posts above) of three wins could well be enough (although probably with two or three draws thrown in. But saying it is the easy part. It's doing that's the problem.
:grinning:

Screenshot 2024-02-07 192504.jpg

**** Double busy cunt mode on****🤓🤓:computer:

We are currently 16th on 33 points after 30 games.

Under Rowett last season after 30 games-46 points- 5th in the table-finished 8th on 68 points after spending the previous 10 weeks 5th and 6th.

Season before - after 30 games-36 points- 15th place- finished 9th on 69 points

One before that- Covid - no crowds-after 30 games-32 points- 13th place- finished 11th on 62 points.

One before that- he took over after roughly 15 games when we was 16th with 15 points.- finished-8th on 68 points.

This season- 14 points-11th in the table after 10 games with Gary 💋:hehe: Currently 16th -33 points. Edwards has put 17 points on the board from 15 games. To be fair it should be more but for awful fucking luck and shit refs. So 16 games remaining and i reckon to be on the safe side we need 45/46 points. Another 12/15 points from this lot below which don't look easy. I'm only taking into consideration what we do.

1707347197412.png

Yes i'm fucking bored chaps but i thought i'd have a look back to confirm what i'd already thought anyway.

Qpr have picked up 7 points from 3 games. We've picked up one and have a couple of very tough games coming up. They're only 5 points behind us, a few week ago it was 11 or 12. It's possible that they could be a point above us come the final whistle in midweek.
That is true but if the three games we win still stands QPR would have to match it to stay above us.
Saying that though if QPR do win their next two games it would be their best run in years.
*I only mentioned QPR as they have the last relegation place, teams between us could also be in the frame*

That is true but if the three games we win still stands QPR would have to match it to stay above us.
Saying that though if QPR do win their next two games it would be their best run in years.
*I only mentioned QPR as they have the last relegation place, teams between us could also be in the frame*
Ideally wins at Blackburn, Huddersfield and home to Birmingham would give us some breathing space. But other than Rotherham i wouldn't back us to win any of them on our current showing. I'm not very confident mate and i really do think we're sailing a bit to close to the wind.

Stoke have got Blackburn and Qpr next two and Huddersfield have some very tough games. The next two rounds of games are huge for all of us.

Ideally wins at Blackburn, Huddersfield and home to Birmingham would give us some breathing space. But other than Rotherham i wouldn't back us to win any of them on our current showing. I'm not very confident mate and i really do think we're sailing a bit to close to the wind.

Stoke have got Blackburn and Qpr next two and Huddersfield have some very tough games. The next two rounds of games are huge for all of us.
This is my favorite part of the season, the run in where every game has consequences, the last few seasons we have been going for a play off place this season we aim to keep clear of the relegation places, there will be a couple of games which we feel we should win but we won't and there will be other games where we feel we won't get anything from but we will surprise everyone by winning.
Of four games we will probably lose we will get at least four points. The games are Ipswich, Southampton, Leeds and Leicester. Watch this space!!:thumbup:

The fkg shit I took on here when I suggested JE was the wrong appointment. F k g ridiculous appointment. We had decent proven managers queuing up to manage us and we choose this cnut nobody.

He needs to go now but who tf wants to come here now. We have gifted the spotters a decent championship manager in Jones. We should offer them the swap immediately but they wouldn't take it in a million fkg years

Jones that went for 4 championship jobs and get none of them? Yeah right’o 🤣