Esse

I think his involvement in the England set up can only do him good too, unless he gets his head turned by Chelsea Yoof turning up in Ferraris and Bugattis.

Flemming hasn't got pace, but he makes up for it in football intelligence, strength, two good quick feet,an eye for the goal and rolls his sleeves up and gets stuck in.
We have a core group which should be built around and maybe Danny Mac might be the LB we are looking for or slot back into the RB position if Leonard decides to call it a day.

Esse, Mayor, Emakhu and a few of the youngsters could come in and do a job with the right training and guidance...Survive this season and it looks pretty rosy with a couple of purchases.

Last edited:
Flemming does a lot of things for the team that won't get noticed or many plaudits. I watched him closely for a time last night and thought he got stuck in and did things that i doubt Esse would even have the physical attributes for right now. Flemming is tough and strong.

Both Esse and Emaku's time will come. Play either of them from the start and they may not have the same positive impact as they do when being brought on when the game is stretched and defenders legs are getting a bit heavy. Also it would mean we don't have much left up our sleeve when needing a bit of pace and creativity up top when chasing a game.
First game of the season being a prime example..

So pleased for him! Game completely changed when he came on. Been crying out for someone to come in with an impact there & he fulfilled it.

I think with the right coaching he can really be the player most think he’s going to be! 👊
"Game completely changed when he came on." Not disagreeing with you mate and interested to understand what you saw that I didn't? 🤔

Fleming is a team player who does more for the team than given credit for.

Esse on the right and Mayor on the left could be a lethal combination that will scare the s**t out of a few teams.

The future looks bright.
If only Neil had the same opinion!

Praise for Esse, Leonard and Obafemi

Praise for Esse, Leonard and Obafemi
"Tom Bradshaw is getting back to full fitness. We’re hoping Kevin Nisbet will be involved at the weekend as well"

Maybe our luck is changing.

For someone so young and relatively inexperienced Esse has a very cool head on him, didn't seem to get flustered when he was under pressure with the ball.

"Tom Bradshaw is getting back to full fitness. We’re hoping Kevin Nisbet will be involved at the weekend as well"

Maybe our luck is changing.

For someone so young and relatively inexperienced Esse has a very cool head on him, didn't seem to get flustered when he was under pressure with the ball.

I think people were expecting too much from him recently and yes, he does seem to have a cool head on him.

I think he has been handled in the right way by all the managers this season and not over exposed with too many games (because he is still leaning). Next season will be his breakthrough season to be a regular starter - Hopefully in the Championship with us.

"Game completely changed when he came on." Not disagreeing with you mate and interested to understand what you saw that I didn't? 🤔
As good a game as George was having, he wasn’t a threat to Leicester.
A 29 year old who’d played 55 minutes was suddenly replaced by an 18 year old who is full of tricks, pace and skill.
He has the ability to leave 3 players for dead with the drop of a shoulder and fast feet.
Suddenly all out attack had to be tempered with the knowledge that they could be hurt if they lost concentration.
In many ways Esse came of age last night.
The boy is gone, replaced by a young man with real flair and no respect for reputations.
I thought he was superb.

We have a core group which should be built around and maybe Danny Mac might be the LB we are looking for or slot back into the RB position if Leonard decides to call it a day.
Danny at LB - not for me.

I prefer left-footed players on the left side.

Defensively he did well last night but several times we lost the ball because of his inability to pass accurately with his left, a couple of times presenting them with opportunities in and around the box.

Danny RB 👍 LB 👎

I think Lenny should be made captain and stuck at centra back next season. Get another quick player next to him with Danny one side and Bryan or an other next to him, that would be a quick decent defence.

Unfortunately, Cooper is past his best and need to move on IMO.

I think Lenny should be made captain and stuck at centra back next season. Get another quick player next to him with Danny one side and Bryan or an other next to him, that would be a quick decent defence.
Leonard and Bryan are both too injury prone to be relied upon in my opinion. I'd move them both on and free up some wages for something younger and hopefully fitter.

Danny at LB - not for me.

I prefer left-footed players on the left side.

Defensively he did well last night but several times we lost the ball because of his inability to pass accurately with his left, a couple of times presenting them with opportunities in and around the box.

Danny RB 👍 LB 👎
Except, every time Danny had played LB, the oppo right winger has been taken off and replaced after being in Danny's pocket all night. Last night, only once in the whole 97+ minutes did their man go past him. His positioning is pretty fantastic, he doesn't dive in, simply makes them turn and go back. If they do go to the byline, he stops the cross. He does that both at right and left back.