Esse

He done very well and didn't look phased by the occasion. He needs to be given the chance to start, but then he needs to stamp his authority on his position and perform. I've watched him closely in appearances this season and last, and he hasn't looked up to it. Tonight, he seemed to come of age. Let's hope we've got a superstar in the making.

He was class, and if Honeyman is now to join the injured list, Romain will be a sound replacement.
Maybe and maybe not so when we're in a dogfight. I mean perhaps not for 90 minutes cause he will lose possession and get doubled tagged by the oppo but he's bloody exciting, nifty and must be a nightmare to defend against. He ran there tiring defence ragged at times and because he's so slight in stature he'll win us plenty of free kicks from the hefty challenges aimed his way. I though Harris got his substitutions spot on tonight. He showed real intent by introducing Esse when he did. He and Emakhu could be a real handful when they're ready to play a bit more regularly. Every time he got the ball the fans were up out of there seats.

I’d like to see him play behind the Striker. Drop Fleming to the bench.
Flemming does a lot of things for the team that won't get noticed or many plaudits. I watched him closely for a time last night and thought he got stuck in and did things that i doubt Esse would even have the physical attributes for right now. Flemming is tough and strong.

Both Esse and Emaku's time will come. Play either of them from the start and they may not have the same positive impact as they do when being brought on when the game is stretched and defenders legs are getting a bit heavy. Also it would mean we don't have much left up our sleeve when needing a bit of pace and creativity up top when chasing a game.

There is no doubt Fleming has talent and when he plays centrally and sticks close to the main striker like he did last season with Bradshaw we see the best of him. He does however strike me as a bit off the pace compared to the others when we need to put a shift in and dig in defensively. If he could get his work rate up to somewhere near Bradshaw’s, Claridge’s or Cahill’s level we’d have a seriously good player.

Esse was very good last night (as we're all the others).

I don't think we have worked out what is his best position yet. The weight of pass to send Obefemi through was superb. He could be the central midfield playmaker that we have been missing.

Flemming does a lot of things for the team that won't get noticed or many plaudits. I watched him closely for a time last night and thought he got stuck in and did things that i doubt Esse would even have the physical attributes for right now. Flemming is tough and strong.

Both Esse and Emaku's time will come. Play either of them from the start and they may not have the same positive impact as they do when being brought on when the game is stretched and defenders legs are getting a bit heavy. Also it would mean we don't have much left up our sleeve when needing a bit of pace and creativity up top when chasing a game.
Agree with that. Noticed last night that Flem was doing a lot of tracking laterally across the pitch when not in possession, basically closing down angles for them to play it through midfield. He was doing it with speed too.

Esse was very good last night (as we're all the others).

I don't think we have worked out what is his best position yet. The weight of pass to send Obefemi through was superb. He could be the central midfield playmaker that we have been missing.
He was tracking back as well as going forward. Looks like Harris and the coaching staff have done some work with him cause his all round game looked much better with and without the ball. As tempting as it is i think he can have more of an impact coming on than he would starting for the time being at least.

He takes pressure off our defence by going forward and keeping us in the oppos half. Plus he's harder to handle when teams are tiring. If he starts and gets marked out of the game he's a waste and gives us one less option if we need a game changer. They say the best form of defence is attack and this boy must be a nightmare for defenders when he's running at them. He also brings the crowd alive when he's in possession and heading towards goal.

He was tracking back as well as going forward. Looks like Harris and the coaching staff have done some work with him cause his all round game looked much better with and without the ball. As tempting as it is i think he can have more of an impact coming on than he would starting for the time being at least.

He takes pressure off our defence by going forward and keeping us in the oppos half. Plus he's harder to handle when teams are tiring. If he starts and gets marked out of the game he's a waste and gives us one less option if we need a game changer. They say the best form of defence is attack and this boy must be a nightmare for defenders when he's running at them. He also brings the crowd alive when he's in possession and heading towards goal.
This. At the moment he is an impact player, but hopefully in the near future a big player for us.

You often find with a young player that a good rest in the summer, followed by an effective pre-season can transform them from a bit part player to an integral part of the team.
Let's hope so. Both for Romain and Emakhu.
The perfect scenario, and the most affordable!