EFL at the den

but it's not all doom and gloom in that regard - we do have some quality, we can be dangerous, we can bulldoze teams wtih ease at times, we have youngsters...but we also have a core of the team that is basic and sometiems even lowerly than that and GR fine tuned teh machine perfectly.

i mean the geezer was 20 mins of of a play semi final.

i also think afobe was a big loss. a striker who knew what he was doing, was intelligent, was good with his feet, found space very easily. he wasn't teh most popular but i really think we had a period there when he was head and shoulders above striker wise what we currently have.
I agree. Experienced, clever and always tried. He was labelled lazy by some but i didn't really see that in him. It can seem that way with peoples that are laid back and saunter about. Can also recall him mucking in defending at times when under the cosh

The only criticism I have really is when Obi was subbed for Longman. That took away any pace and threat we had up front. Surely Emak should have come on when there was nothing to lose as we were pinned back anyway at that point- the boy has pace to burn and I’m sure he’ll come good.
I don’t think Emakhu is very fit at the moment. I saw him play the first 45 mins for the u21’s on the Tuesday and he did not look his usual self. If he is fit then we certainly could do with his pace as you say as it relieves pressure and gives the opposition something to worry about.

I don’t think Emakhu is very fit at the moment. I saw him play the first 45 mins for the u21’s on the Tuesday and he did not look his usual self. If he is fit then we certainly could do with his pace as you say as it relieves pressure and gives the opposition something to worry about.
Lacking fitness tends to relate to the ability to last 90 minutes and not a loss of basic speed. The latter is Emakhu’s main weapon so I’d hope he can get on at some stage to petrify tiring defences 🙏

Lacking fitness tends to relate to the ability to last 90 minutes and not a loss of basic speed. The latter is Emakhu’s main weapon so I’d hope he can get on at some stage to petrify tiring defences 🙏
I was very surprised to see Longman up front on Saturday.
Surely Emakhu was the logical choice to replace Obafemi?

Agree but as others have pointed out, we were one up and NH probably thought Longman would close down better than Emakhu 🤔
If that's his thinking, then we may as well play with 10 centre halfs.
Very depressing if that is the case.

Somebody said to me coming out at the end "that eas'nt entertaining". My reply was "sod entertainment, three points is what matters in our situation , nothing else" basically yes,.but that has to be our attitude at the moment.

Staff online

Members online